fps frops when fast mouse moveing

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by BakaOji, Dec 22, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. BakaOji

BakaOji Forum Greenhorn

subj. when i start moveing mouse, just running circles fps frops from 100+ to 3-5 its nuts

2. megamelado

megamelado Forum Greenhorn

It happens to me aswell, i was wondering if someone else had the same problem

3. rcch

rcch Advanced

install NOVEMBER version of NVIDIA drivers, do not use december versions. Something on those made this issue to happen and installig the november version solved this for me and many others.

edit, if someone has time&will could test the "hotfix" version of nvidia drivers(it addresses similar issue in other game but maybe that would help drakensang too)
    anyway I'll personally just stick with november drives atm.

4. Evowise

Evowise Forum Apprentice

I have the same issue since the start of the Desert of Essences event (before the event, the game worked just fine). Tested with all graphic driver releases since 2019... same issue (I use and AMD graphic card). Seems to be more about the server side than ours... something related to internet connections, packet requests and/or DNS. The solution could only come only from developer side... an hotfix and/or server restart.
    I just can't understand how we can play AAA titles on high or event ultra settings, at 1080p or 1440p and our "so called" browser game poorly optimized have issues event with the loading screen. Maybe the programmers should really earn their money by doing their job... optimize few lines of code (If they really care about the stability of the game).

5. BakaOji

BakaOji Forum Greenhorn

Thx for the answers, but i prefer not playing at all than downgrade drivers version. Btw when i reboot my pc i can normaly play arond 10 mins before this mouse problem was back.

6. ViktorG75

ViktorG75 Active Author

I have the same problem. I don't know what I haven't tried...
    At one point, I kept an unused key non-stop pressed with something to end a session. :rolleyes: That way I could somehow play to the end.
    If I didn't want to restart the computer, I had to wait a while because the instant restart of the game didn't help.

In the end, I put the quality of the shadows on the low or completely turn them off. Only then I get as much constant frame rate (over 100 FPS), while after starting the game, the FPS hits the 144Hz monitor ceiling for a while, and then slowly starts to oscillate 60FPS
    down and up.
    Although the frames drop again, but during the last session I didn't get a frozen screen while circling the mouse.
    I had no problems with SSAO on and with shadows off.
    Two more things. Only with shadows off I can have more than 100FPS and the pooling rate of the mouse must be on the lowest settings.

One off-topic fact which probably has a part in this:
    I monitor FPS and temperature via MSI Afterburner. I tried FC Primal, ESO and PoE. All of these games slide smoothly at maximum settings. Enough about playing old browser game, and because of her, need to use undervolting to reduce the noise and temperature of the video card.
    I have an R5 1600, 2060S and 16GB of RAM.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2020
  7. ViktorG75

ViktorG75 Active Author

It's the same again with changed DPI settings.
    Do you have the same problems?
    You did not describe exactly where the options are. I found the DPI settings elsewhere, but the setting in the Nvidia display drivers for color is not where you specified ...?

8. psywarg

psywarg Forum Apprentice

Yes I fixed the same issues, here are the steps in detail:
    1) In Nvidia Control Panel, Under Display, click on Adjust desktop color settings, then select "other applications control color settings". This will require reboot to take effect.
    2) Article on changing the DPI setting for a specific app: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-...ngs-classic-apps-windows-10-april-2018-update. Set "Override high DPI Scaling behavior" to "Application".
    3) Use the software for your mouse to set the mouse polling rate to 125Hz.

My driver version is 460.79(Game ready). I was reading the nvidia forum and I see there is a known issue of FPS drop on some GPUs with latest drivers. If you are facing FPS drops with other games as well then switch to Driver 452.06(Game ready) it was the last stable build.

9. ViktorG75

ViktorG75 Active Author

1. There is no such option in my Control Panel (look at picture).
    2. Tried before ...
    3. I know that.

My drivers are 460.89 and, as I described above, I only have a problem with DSO.

https://ibb.co/59qJSYd

-----MERGED----

I don't think we should bother with this anymore. The DSO needs to solve the problem, not Nvidia or our system setup skills.

Last edited by moderator: Dec 25, 2020
  10. psywarg

psywarg Forum Apprentice

Here is the setting for my GPU:
    https://ibb.co/4T29rDX

I guess you will have to troubleshoot the issue on your rig on your own. I don't think DSO would bother looking into it because only a few user are affected. But I hope they would at-least make the game compatible with higher mouse polling frequency.

ViktorG75 likes this.
  11. blazebit99

blazebit99 Forum Greenhorn

First sorry for my bad english but i have a problem, while i am farming the cursor starts flickers ( i saw it from translate) and the game is lagging if i move fast my mouse . Anyone with the same problem ,or my pc is potato ?

12. SadSamuray

SadSamuray Forum Greenhorn

I had the same problem but yesterday i found the solution. If you have Nvidia video card go to this page
    ---> https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/drivers/ and then search for your video card. After this you need the download the oldest driver what you can get from there.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    GEFORCE GAME READY DRIVER - WHQL

Driver Version: 452.06 - Release Date: Mon Aug 17, 2020
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Install it and restart your pc and the problem will be disappeard.
    I hope I could help.
    :D

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021