Fragmentation problem in the underlying RakNet framework of DSO causing lag

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by mystic_archer29, Apr 8, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mystic_archer29

mystic_archer29 Forum Apprentice

The previous topic was closed, so i'm opening a new one. Before we start, a few quotes:

The issue can be further investigated with wireshark, it turns out that the FRAGMENTATION of the data that is received by whatever is sent from 8.209.84.90 is the root cause of the problem, as it cannot REASSEMBLE all the fragments, because some are missing, causing the client to ask for fragments again, which cannot be REASSEMBLED because some are missing, causing the client .....

A successful load of an area looks like this:

RakNet {Message fragment 1/517}
    RakNet {Message fragment 2/517}
    RakNet {Message fragment 3/517}
    RakNet {Message fragment 4/517}
    RakNet {Message fragment 5/517}
    RakNet {Message fragment 6/517}
    RakNet {Message fragment 517/517; Reassembled}

However, when my client hangs, and consumes all bandwidth (no surprise here!) thats what im getting:

RakNet {Message fragment 105/517}
    RakNet {Message fragment 106/517}
    RakNet {Message fragment 107/517}
    RakNet {Message fragment 517/517}

Looping forever, there are no previous messages from 105, also the 'Reassembled is missing'. Anything from 1 to 104 is completely missing. And it loops forever and ever and ever and ever and ever.... can't open my browser as previously established.

Everyone has forwarded this issue for at least TWO years to the 'support' and just gave up. I am not sending a single ticket to the support team, because believe or not, they have absolutely no idea what they're doing, or what information should be forwarded to technical team. but if you send it, then they know that its at least important.

Forward this, it really is important, im virtually certain its win10 specific, i have not had this issue on windows7. (unconfirmed).

Edit: I decided to give up on DSO, its a typical 'clear your cache, its all users fault' lazy staff mentality, until this is fixed, and outlined in the release notes (i wont log to check the issue, its race conditioned, might not show up for an hour, can show up multiple times in 10 min window) i am not playing dso again.

Enjoy,

Elve

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
    SillySword and edrogers58 like this.
  2. Tadexxx

Tadexxx Forum Apprentice

I have the same problem for a long time, it has been going on for several years..

3. Anyki

Anyki User

Your moderators are just that... moderators. We are not programmers, computer wizards or gods. I have already told you to contact support precisely because I'm not able to assist you on the topic. They will forward the matter as appropriate if needed.

Cheers,
    Anyki

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.