Suggestion Full Moon - Additional Progress Bars

Discussion in 'Creative Corner' started by TwiliShadow, Jun 29, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Progress Bar (bottom portion) refill for Full Moon (and possibly New Moon)?

1. Yes, I like the idea. Dev's, please implement this.

6 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No, I don't like the idea of getting rewards for staying in the event beyond the existing bar.

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

Here is an idea. A series of additional progress bars using the bottom third of the current bar.

After player finishes filling the bar in Red, then the bottom 1/3 starts filling again (up to 6 times):

In White: Player only gets bottom side Draken rewards x2
    In Green: Player only gets bottom side Draken rewards x3
    In Blue: Player only gets bottom side Draken rewards x4
    In Purple: Player only gets bottom side Draken rewards x5
    In Orange: Player only gets bottom side Draken rewards x6
    In Yellow: Player only gets bottom side Draken rewards x7

2. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

I'm kinda afraid that the way they would do it, it would only benefit gangbangers and the like...

3. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

Please do not suggest that they ruin Full Moon.

Sure, the drops are lousy and the gear is pretty much useless, but it is literally the only event that can be finished in a handful of runs and forgotten about until the next time.

There is no reason for them to go out of their way to turn it into yet another grind fest. There is way too much pointless grind in all the other events, leave this one alone.

4. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

the weapons are good though

5. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

If the suggestion was "Make the Full Moon set truly useful" I would jump on board in a heartbeat. I would happily support any suggestion for improving sets across the board. Every set in the game should be a viable choice for a build.

Yet the suggestion was "add more grind". No one needs that. Right now this is the only event with a lack of grind.

The dev's are already great at finding ways to add pointless grinding, there is zero reason for any player to encourage that behavior.

aBDuLHaMiTHaN likes this.
  6. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

In principle, I would agree with you. With the current main event drought that is going into its second year, this has been the only event for 5 of the past 12 months. And, no, I am not counting the pvp thing since there are so many better games for me to get my pvp on. There has also been NM each month. That's for Witch set if a toon needs it. With the devs refusing for years now to do anything about the abysmal wood drop there is no reason to play NM afterward.

There is also no end in sight for the event drought with the way the devs have been failing about. 90% of their proposed pvp changes have been forgotten. The road map keeps getting reworked until it now looks like something that went through a temporal anomaly.

Like you said:
    and all Twili is suggesting here is some extra turns at the Draken progress. So this really does not push the grind through the roof.

Umm, not really. The event would change from a few hundred to a couple of thousand Draken. Not really the sort of thing that would attract the bangers. If the suggestion was changed to 3 or 4 runs total I doubt they would show up at since there would be no practical advantage.

So I'll give this a soft +1. Heck it would be easy to implement and would benefit most players so it probably will never see the light of day anyway :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
  7. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

Unless the toon _needs_ Draken Cores. Then it already is a grind fest.

I just did such. I finished the progress bar in 2.1 runs and then proceeded to continue Full Moon to the tune of I used 13.5K of Shining Silver Essence getting some 260 Draken Cores from the BloodMage.

My entire weekend of play was getting Draken Cores. Nearly my entire week prior (Fri to Thur) was farming Pebbles to get needed Shining Silver to get said Draken Cores. I need some 3350 Draken Cores for Augments I have the T8s (and T7s) for.

I'm just asking for some reasonable rewards for staying at the grind. As well as some incentive for toons who've completed the event to help those who are struggling with the event.

---
    Edit:
    It's a shame that all the Trees in Dracania, both in Scaling Worlds and Parallel Worlds don't drop wood. That would be useful.

Cause next it's two different things:
    • Grind PW for materia fragments to buy Augment cores.
    • Grind New Moon for wood to get Draken Cores from the Spider Queens.

Then in two weeks its grind again for pebbles. :oops:

Grind here, grind there, every where a grind grind, Ol' McDona....shazbot.
    That's it. July has been declaired "Grind Year". ;)

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019