Support Game causes my router to disconnect from internet

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Riesengebirge, Jan 8, 2023.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Riesengebirge

Riesengebirge Forum Greenhorn

Hi
    So, I played this game about half a year back, I had no problems running it, everything was fine. Fast forward to yesterday, when I redownloaded the game to play again. I installed the client, opened the game, everything was running fine. But, after about not even 5 minutes playing, I get the "Failed to download a critical error" message. I check my internet connection, and it says that the router isnt connected to the internet. But just after the game shuts down, it reconnects. My internet works perfectly fine normally, but when I turn on the game it causes it to disconnect. I checked my phone while playing, and just when the game lags and I get the error, my phone also says that my router cant connect to the internet, so it has to be a problem of the game, not my PC. I tried redownloading the client, flushing my DNS, restarting my router and PC, everything. Then I contacted the support, they told me to do this stuff, so I did it again, no help at all. After this I havent heard from them. Does anyone have any idea what this is and/or how to fix it?

2. ldso

ldso Advanced

Hello, welcome back :) Just to check, have you specifically tried solutions like deleting temp folder already? ^^ You can also try to check that your system has all the latest updates (i.e. drivers, etc.) and that there are no programs in the background that might be interfering with your game experience.

3. GoddessofWar1000

GoddessofWar1000 Someday Author

I have this problem and wrote to support to find a middle ground. Your router's firewall can be set, by you,
    on either HIGH or LOW. Low will allow the game to play, but on high the router's firewall will block the DSO
    Client. Simple as that. So, in order to play this game, players have to give up their security from IP intrusions. I have not heard back from Support on this issue. I can play ALL other games with my router set on "HIGH" except for this game.
    Really hope that Technical Support helps up out and get with the program.

Riesengebirge likes this.
  4. Riesengebirge

Riesengebirge Forum Greenhorn

Yeah, I tried everything, nothing worked. Support told me that it's problem with my PC and that they can't do anything about it.

-----MERGED-----

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it! It sounds strange that we should have to mess with our router firewall settings to be able to play the game, I never heard from anyone that they had this kind of problem. I don't have trouble with any other games either. Could you keep me posted with info from support? EDIT

Last edited by moderator: Jan 10, 2023
  5. GoddessofWar1000

GoddessofWar1000 Someday Author

It's a fact !! My husband set router firewall on "high" and he made me try all sorts of stuff to try and play game. In the end, he had to set the router firewall back to "low", which he is not pleased with at all. Check with your provider. It's been 2 weeks since I wrote a technical support ticket. Still waiting.

--MERGED--

Does anyone know what is the best map to run to find the new pet - golden parrot?

Last edited by moderator: Jan 12, 2023
    Riesengebirge likes this.
  6. ~Providence~

~Providence~ Junior Expert

Not the best place to ask this lmao

But I don't think Golden parrot drops from any map. You have a chance to get the Golden Parrot from Ruined Amphoras, which you can get from certain events that I'm currently unaware of. So I guess I'd just say wait for events that give Ruined Amphoras as a reward and pray for luck.