Feedback Game freeze possible solution

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Vuurdraakje, Dec 11, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Vuurdraakje

Vuurdraakje Forum Greenhorn

A lot of people are experiencing ‘freeze’ moments while playing Drakensang. I had this problem for more than 2 years, and no one had a solution, now I have (works for me)!
    A couple of weeks ago I had a power failure with my Internet modem, and so the provider send me a new one. From that moment the freezes were gone forever.

So, the problem was created by my own modem.

Name of the modem: Technicolor tc7210

Some interesting details:

-Only Drakensang gave problems, never had problems with any other (online) game
    -Unless the freeze moments the ping was always good
    -Also the internet connection / download speed was always good

So basically Drakensang was the only problem I had regarding this modem.

So, question stays why this modem gave those freezes. Maybe some one here who can declare
    it. The only possible reason in my opinion is that the technicolor modems couldn’t handle the incredible amount of small files in the DSO folder, which is different from many other games. Most of the time the freeze moments I had were at the beginning of new maps, and much more when I cleared the DSO folder, which means it had to download all the small files again.

2. piteris2

piteris2 Regular

It could have been some sort of firewall associated with that router causing those issues.