Gems and Andermants

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by edrogers58, May 20, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. edrogers58

edrogers58 Regular

Anyone know where they are dropping ? What maps ?
    Spent an hour this morning roaming around Infernal 1 to 3, in PW's and old maps.
    1 Andermant drop 0 Gem drops.
    Have the day off today.
    So will roam some more and edit post later.

2. nikatar

nikatar Junior Expert

I go and farm ander at fox map.....easy and fast to clear and good drops + the posibility of rune! Gems are kinda rare...fastest way in my opinion is from key chests and also at parallel world for example q1! Do some fast runs, only kill mini bosses etc

3. dkarl

dkarl Forum Duke

The PRNG is really cruel. I can go hours, days between even a single andermant drop, then get two within minutes of each other. As a low-level 55 stuck mainly on Painful, I've given up on farming andermant, and simply start a new secondary toon now and then to pull in the quest rewards.

Gems are a similar problem, but worse: New toons get none. I find that Champions only have a slightly higher probability of dropping gems than a standard mob. Varholm + the mine (in daylight mode) can yield between 1 and 15 Champions (that includes the mini-boss in the mine), with a fair number of mobs, but on a lot of random space. The Great Desert is more consistently populated with 4 to 5 Champions, plus the mini-boss beetle to farm Keys of Prowess, in a simple circular loop. Boring, but you can basically keep killing continuously, and pray the PRNG is kind to you every once in awhile.

4. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

you 200 free andermants per day

As for maps, the drop is pretty randoms but if you play at high difficulties the drops are quite good
    I am able to farm them easily and i think i'm farming quite inefficiently

5. napoli-sniper

napoli-sniper Forum Apprentice

the gem drop for non-premuim is crazy low ..deluxe users get crazy hight drop from cubes