General performance problem

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Tetus, Apr 25, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Tetus

Tetus Forum Greenhorn

Hello. I am having a general performance problem throughout the game.

After loading the game (after selecting the character), the individual elements of the game (NPCs, other players, elements of the environment, monsters) load very slowly after switching to other maps, there are the same problems. There is also a situation where, for example, I cannot sell things to an NPC.

I think I've tried everything. I reinstalled the windows system 2 times, a few times the game, cleaned the temporary folder with game files, turned on and off the firewall and anti-virus, turned off all unnecessary options in Windows. I have all the drivers up-to-date.
    The model of my computer (laptop) is ASUS X555LJ, Intel Core-i5 5200U 2.2 Ghz, GeForce Nvidia 920m, 4 GB RAM.
    I know that it is not a top-class computer, but it meets the hardware requirements on the website and probably with a surplus :)
    I am asking for any tips that would help me to play normally. About a year, two years ago or even 2-3 months ago everything worked very well but from update to update the game was working worse and worse: /

Nexus1 likes this.
  2. Shine2

Shine2 Board Administrator Team Drakensang Online

Hello Tetus and welcome to DSO EN Forums. I wish we met in somewhat more jolly circumstances but it is what it is:) It's great to know that you tried to resolve your issue yourself. You could now verify connection quality - direct link can be found here . Next please contact the Support and have Log files and Dump files handy - you may be asked for those - more about that here . Good luck;

regards;
    Shine2

3. SillySword

SillySword Regular

By the way, I think that the data preloading of thinclient is not working as it should be. I clear the DSO directory when new patch is out and wait for the thinclient to download everything. But I still see the slow loading of every small pieces (char. select, urban area and maps) and freezed game (loading some things)when the thinclient is just starting for the first time.

Thanks!