Getting advantage of Mentor bonus VS creating a new account

Discussion in 'Questions about Getting Started in the Game' started by Moliever, Apr 19, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Moliever

Moliever Forum Greenhorn

Hi,
    I'm a new player, I've played this game for a month, and I have 2 questions...
    First, If I want to create a new character, which is better, to make a new account and level it up by my old character, or creating it in the same account with the old character and get benefit from the mentor bonus I will get because of my old character?
    Second, if I have many characters in the same account do I get the same stuff for each character from redeeming bonus codes?

2. Shine2

Shine2 Board Administrator Team Drakensang Online

Hello Moliever and welcome to DSO EN Forums. I let the Community answer your questions:) Have fun!

regards,

Shine2

3. dkarl

dkarl Forum Duke

Create a second toon on your existing account. Mentor bonus only works between toons on the same account on the same server. If you have the patience, level up your 2nd toon's Wisdom points to the same as your 1st toon, then try to play them alternately so that each will give the other a boost in Wisdom points earned. This method is much more difficult than it used to be, as Wisdom points only show up randomly in the Daily Challenges, sometimes in the left column, sometimes in the bottom cumulative challenges completed rewards, so keeping the two toons in synch will be challenging.

I don't play PVP, so am not certain how valuable mentor bonus is there.

In PVE, I recommend leveling up in the Experience tree as slowly as possible. Every time you increase in Experience level, your toon becomes weaker (because the mobs are stronger, but Experience points rarely have the equivalent impact on your toon's strength).

Focus on gaining Wisdom. Perhaps farm scaling dungeon bosses on Painful to gain Wisdom without gaining too much Experience?

Other end-gamers on the forum will probably urge you to level up as quickly as possible, but that's because they come from the biased position of having a couple hundred Wisdom levels already and don't realize how slowly new toons increase in Wisdom in the current version of the game. You can get to level 100 Experience and only be at something like level 25 Wisdom ... and too weak to play on anything higher than Normal difficulty.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Bonus Codes (which aren't promised, just randomly pop up on Discord, Facebook, or even in emails from DSO [apparently; I've never received a bonus code that way], and must be redeemed through one of the tabs of the in-game sales shop) are only valid for 1 toon per account per server.

So, if you create 3 toons on Heredur (T1, T2, T3) and 2 more on Grimmag (T4, T5), only one of the group on Heredur (T1, T2 or T3) can use the Bonus Code, while either T4 or T5 on Grimmag can also use the Bonus Code, but not both T4 & T5.

bibere, silverseas and Moliever like this.
  4. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

This is where DSO is actively trying to prevent new players. Your toon won't get hardly any wisdom anymore (and can't use it at all) until the toon is level 30. This means till you are level 30, there will be no ancient wisdom rewards in your daily. You only get what happens to drop or bonus codes. And then when you make a level, you can't spend any of it anyway.

And for your other answer, most Bonus Codes only apply to the first toon you get the drop on. And some of them, even if you don't open the box on the left, will also not transition to the next toon you log into.

In the 5.5 years I've been playing DSO, I've seen less than a half dozen Bonus Codes that all your toons will get.