Feedback Getting gold in a bad economy, other issues...

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Multi-Sev, Jan 15, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Agree, disagree, neutral?

1. Agree

63.6%
  2. Partially Agree

27.3%
  3. Disagree Completely

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Don't Care (where's my compensation?)

18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Multi-Sev

Multi-Sev Forum Overlooker

Since this keeps getting deleted or edited in other threads/posts, I'll just make a new thread so it won't be OT in this thread :)

--------------------------------

Dear DSO players,

This is how to quickly get gold, in this obviously difficult time, when you need gold for so many things in the game:

Buy andermant and gamble it away at the Jesters for gold (and other perks, like OP gems).

Yes, contrary to what they told us the gold-crafting/CoT removal changes were not meant to "help everyone". They were made to make more money. (Surprise, surprise.)

On the surface, they may have looked like good changes. But when the price for crafting a legendary was revealed, everyone knew the real score. Even when they lowered the pricing by around 30%, it's still way too high for any non-paying player to do any significant crafting. If you buy andermant and gamble it away, though, you'll have plenty of gold for crafting and whatever else you may need to do.

They said they raised the legendary item drop rates, at bosses and mini-bosses, by 200% and 100%, respectively, and I have no reason to doubt this. (I did see some moderate increase in legendary drops, especially at Destructor.) But 3X or 2X some ridiculously low drop rate is still a ridiculously low drop rate.

OK, so I've said my piece. I'm only logging in now for my gem and box. I'm not even fighting Khalys anymore (%*#* non-dropping sword) due to boredom, bugs, purported DDoS problems (that never get solved) and boredom. (Did I write boredom twice? Or is that three times.)

Things need to change, dev team. This game is a hollow husk of what it once was when it was one of my favorite games. 2+ years ago, this was a cool game. Events were highly anticipated, changes were done properly, bugs were fixed quickly and the game was easily playable. Now, not so much. I know it's 3+ years old now, but DSO has become a stale and uninspiring grind-fest like all the other games of it's ilk. Maybe that's the fate of all mmorpgs, or maybe that's just a paradigm that needs to be broken. As it stands now I think DSO will make it to the cap-raise, but until 2016? I have my doubts.

Anyone can comment here, positive or negative. If you disagree with anything, please have something constructive to say and be prepared to debate your opinions. I am prepared to support mine.

Thanks for reading,

Sevasten

Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
    rpfo likes this.
  2. Jettemee

Jettemee Junior Expert

I agree and want my compensation. Why didn't you add that as an option? :p

In one of the Twitch livestreams, I was absolutely positive that either the lead developer, assistant producer, or Greg said that gold will increase, but I could be wrong. :confused: I'll be looking at the archives for that and make an outline on it.

Thanks to the post-R139 system that I won't have much hope in catching up the veterans who have the near-perfect gear they didn't have to grind as hard for. If I wanna selectively craft, I have to sell gear that I normally melt for GoP. If I wanna keep farming GoP, I won't have a high enough income of gold to craft legendaries. It's a lose-lose scenario. At least with pre-R139, I could keep the gold and GoP without skimping on IDing legendaries thanks to the obsolete currency known as CoTs. I think crafting 4 pink items into an orange should cost 50 gold for lvl 45, then it might be more balanced for the absence of CoTs.

Wake up people, realize the losses each update brings. We may gain some nice features here and there, but the losses outweighs the gains by far.

Edit: I think I found the video I was referring to. Notice and pay attention to what he says around the 38 second mark. I was expecting that to mean copper drops would turn into silver in normal maps, and silver drops would turn into maybe like up to 50 silver in PW. As far as I and many others know, nothing has increased, not even the selling value of items. Even items in normal maps aren't dropping quite as much as they used to. :(

3. Multi-Sev

Good catch in that video. It seems to be, pretty obviously, a false statement based on our experiences. But he left it so vague that it's hard to call it untruthful. He didn't say how much more gold we would gain (0.01% ???), or which mechanics are involved in "evening it out", so it's pretty-much a statement that any politician would make :D

As to the rest of your post: I wholeheartedly agree. Trying to catch up to established end-game characters in this gold-based economy is a catch 22. Sell the items to craft, or melt them for GoP to improve? You're hosed either way, because before (with CoT's) they were separate systems. Now they are intertwined and they hurt each others' progressions.

The solution is what they want you to do: buy some andermant every week and gamble it away for gold. :rolleyes:

-------------

Also, I feel it bears repeating: The 200% and 100% drop rate increases that Dracaty mentions in that video do not amount to a hill of beans when the original drop rates were so low at the start. 3X and 2X sounds like a lot, but not when you're multiplying by some number like 0.5%. Numbers like 1.5% and 1% are still abysmally low drop rates, and they don't nearly make up for the removal of CoTs and the necessity to sell if you want to craft (and not get the GoP from the items).

-------------

But, hey, this is all just an academic discussion to me now. I quit playing :D :D :D (I sound like a broken record, but I'm pretty happy to get this monkey off of my back ;) )

4. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Increased drop rates. :D:D:D:D

Bearer-of-Death likes this.
  5. Multi-Sev

I know, right? Increased percentages based on almost nothing to start with, lol.

Bearer-of-Death likes this.
  6. Bearer-of-Death

Bearer-of-Death Exceptional Talent

For what??? with every new release they reduce it again!!!
    If you look back and count how many times has this "new dev team" raised the drop-rate of gear, AM and the other stuff??? 3x, 4x, 5x???

If BP/DSO statements were actually true, then i would be getting around 10 legendary + 3000AM or more per day...and all i get is a lousy 100AM + 0 legendary per day if i play enough (which i don't...except on events).

I'm pretty sure, everyone here already knows all the lies or fake statements of BP's part and there is nothing we can do...some still try to argue or complain to the CM, but with no success!!! We have seen how well the CM respond to every question/complain this community posts.

Also, it's very sad to see that the dev team now resorts in implementing bugs on purpose to make money.
    Funny how the same bugs from the last "defeat the undefeatable" event appeared in this one!!!
    Before the event i had no troubles login, server connections or group bug...the event starts and BAMM every single player has problems now.
    And for what??? to sell insignias or travel rations.

Well anyway....now a funny quote from "Little Britain", member vs the CM...

M - Hi CM team could you please raise the drop-rate for gear???
    CM - Let me check...........sorry, computer says NO!!!

M - Ok then, how about implementing cool ideas, just like the ones from the "creative corner"???
    CM - Hum, let me see......sorry, computer says NO!!!

M - Grrrr, this is absurd, you guys won't raise drop-rate and you won't add new stuff...then how about fixing the damn BUGS???
    CM - There is no need for you to be angry or mean, we're here to help the community/player and it's not like we haven't been trying....now about your question......sorry, computer says NO!!!! hehehehehehe

BP/DSO's answer is and always will be NO!!!

Darwarren likes this.
  7. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

Con artists, scammers, and other malicious game players always want to be at least 2 steps ahead of their marks, or suckers. Even for the game called "Wrong!", the only way to win is not to play.

If I was a suspicious person, I'd think they reduce the drop rates on the weekends, to drive players off the game, in order to reduce the loads on the servers, and reduce complaints. Suspicious me.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
  8. rpfo

rpfo Padavan

Yup, and in the same way we dont really see the "increases" on drops or golds, all we can see is craft legendaries is impossible and now upgrade what u have is also impossible. 7 Million gops for a lvl 48 bow is amazingly ridiculous. So, all i can see is DSO turning itself a game umplayable. A game that is making its players bored everytime and also tired of asking for things that never come.

9. MegaNuker

MegaNuker Forum Ambassador

For the gold increase there are two thing that I saw.

First I never saw Green ? items sell for more than the other same level same item. Now I do. So when I melt I have an algorithm I use in my head. <example> If the green item sells for 50 silver or melts for 12 GoP then I choose to sell it over melting it.

Second it seems like more kills drop coin that they used to. Is that just me?

10. Jettemee

Jettemee Junior Expert

Nope, I'm also not seeing coins or drops of any kind as much.

11. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Yes it is just you. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.