glymphs system

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by fuzball15, Jun 1, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fuzball15

fuzball15 Someday Author

hello everybody i know that this has been spoken about before but maybe we can open up this debate again. i would like to know if we can have a button to remove our glymphs from items to transfer them to other items as i find i change my items around to suit different areas that i go farm. an idea would be like maybe 1 remove per day or 2 days would be great as i doint want to melt these items with glymps in them just simply remove them and put them into another item. your idea as to this sugestion would be great thanks

2. _G_R_A_M_P_S_

_G_R_A_M_P_S_ Old Hand

This idea always has my support!

3. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

The higher powers have spoken on this once before... not sure if it was the CM thread or the producer dialog or Twitch or what, but they said that it is the way it is on purpose because they don't want glyphs to be just like gems where a player can shuffle them almost at will and that they have no intention of changing it. You need to think long and hard about investing in an item because you know that the only way to get those glyphs back will be to destroy the original.

I still have close to 6M-8M in items that I don't use regularly but are too rare or downright one of a kind to melt. Would I use this feature if it were made available?... Probably. Will I be upset if it never comes to this game?... No. I've had to make some hard choices along the way and melted items, hoping to find it again or find something better. For example, I melted my new moon torso to get back 450k glyphs, and then the spider didn't drop me one to replace that one for almost 6 months after I made that choice. On the other hand, I've got an 80%/80% shield that I've sunk over 3M into and I likely will never melt that event though I use 2H 99.9% of the time. I'd have to get crazy lucky and find something better before that will go to the blacksmith.

Long story short, If you have something that valuable to you that you won't melt it for it's glyphs, but you aren't using it, maybe you should reevaluate if you should have put glyphs into it to begin with or why it is that valuable even still.

EDIT:
    Did the math 7.7M glphs currently going to waste in items that are not being used, but I can't bring myself to melt, a majority of them are in the Defender's Belt, Defender's Ring, The 1K Gold Cloak, and that shield I mentioned above... well, that sounds like a personal problem.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  4. MegaNuker

MegaNuker Forum Ambassador

This is the idea for the removing glyphs.

Let me name the items first.
    Items needed are the 1 white item matching the level and type of item having the glyphs removed. i.e. Level 42 boots to remove glyphs from legendary boots lvl 42.
    Next is the item I will call Glyph remover. This item is farmed like realm frags and bought from vendor. You need 1 for improved 4 for magic 16 for extrodanary and 48 for legendary and uniques.
    Next is the Embedded Glyph Stone which will hold the glyphs of power once the item is crafted. This item is obtained from the vendor only.

Place all item on the work bench (Legendary 42 boots, white 42 boots, Glyph remover 48, and the Embedded Glyph Stone.) You can place more Glyph Remover than is needed and once the process is completed it will just remove what is needed.

When you hit the combine the result will have 2 or 3 items. The wite item will be infused with the stats of the base item and the Embedded Glyph Stone turns into a clickable glyph item. The 3rd item is IF you placed more that is needed of the glyph remover the remaining will be left.

5. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

As far as I know ... this feature was announced by the CMs.

sebastian_fl and misterbean like this.
  6. fourtwenty68

fourtwenty68 Board Analyst

let's keep it free and Simply add the Decrease Button for all already upgraded gear.all Glyphs Decreased goes back to your total on any gear that has been upgraded previously. this will also help us if we want to decrease some gear to Upgrade another.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
    misterbean likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.