Gnome Hat not listed in possible drops

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by rogue07, Dec 4, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rogue07

rogue07 Someday Author

could the dso team please hotfix the "Gnome Hat" into possible drop list at the winter summit entrance? I only found out that it drops from the boss yesterday because someone asked me if i had finished event, and asked me "did you get the pet piece too?"

I'm pretty sure lots of players that don't check around the fan-made wiki page and forums, still don't know if it drops from Big Paws.

yeah 50+ boss kills and still no hat drop, doesnt make sense because I've run around asking half the server and everyone thats finished event said they have 2-5 of the hats by now.
    some from normal, painful, excru, fatal, inf and inf2

and ive done all of the above

update:
    just asked about 10 people if they can see "winter gnome hat" in list of drops at winter summit entrance. everyone said no.

this saves me an unnecessary uninstall/reinstall lol

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  2. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

3. rogue07

rogue07 Someday Author

here are the screenshots

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  4. trakilaki

You are probably bugged XD

5. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

I have the same problem, the hat doesn't show on the screen
    Maybe this is the reason it's doesn't drop from big paws

rogue07 likes this.
  6. couda22

couda22 Forum Commissioner

No, it is not the reason. The hat can drop because it is defined as possible drop in bear's drop list. It does not matter if it is or it is not listed in possible rewards displayed in map entry window (it has informational character only).

The hat is displayed as possible reward on test server (R202_4), but it is not on live server (R201_16).

7. tassadar1977

tassadar1977 Forum Expert

doesn't show for me either on any difficulty and haven't dropped it from big paws either

8. trakilaki

The entrance window comes with R202.
    It is not at live servers yet.

The hat is following the same "randomness" just like for the all items ... one can make 200 runs and never get it (in any difficulty) and the other player can get it every single run.
    I have got it after more than 200 runs ... I still don't have it at TS with my SW.
    In same time my friends got more than 50 hats.

9. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

I've gotten the hat on both my dk and my mech. Didn't keep track of which level I got them on, but I am probably doing about 3% infernal I, 60% excruciating, 25% painful and 12% normal.

10. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

It's same bollocks randomness then

11. tassadar1977

tassadar1977 Forum Expert

got it last night on painful after about 15th run

12. rogue07

rogue07 Someday Author

yeah seems some of us have absolute horrible luck in getting it to drop while some dont even have to try lol
    i wonder what the actual drop value of the hat is considering just how wildly it fluctuates, gonna get back to trying for it again.. so much for having R&R time after finishing main event on day 1 :confused:

13. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

I decided to do some runs with my little alt and got the hat on the 3rd run (normal).

[​IMG]

Still haven't seen it on my main yet. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.