Group Effect talents

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by silverseas, Aug 13, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

To my other fellow SWs out there, do you use the Group Effect talents (middle 3 of the group page)?

If yes, why? In what situation? How do you make it effective?

If no, why?

I am asking this because I feel that as a class, we got the crappiest Group Effect talents. I cannot find effective use for the Guardian and Destruction effects. The Frost Nova one is contingent upon having enough bodies around you to multiply the effect (and said bodies to be close enough to damage mobs).

2. Kaydranzer

Kaydranzer Someday Author

Its not a feeling, that they are the most crappy Group Effect Talents. Its a fact.

You cant use them effectively.
    Frostnova deals a nonexisting amount of damage to profit from the multiplication. And the other thing is, you have to cuddle with your group members.

Well the Guardian. First thing is, the effect triggers after he dies. So worst case, you have to wait 10 seconds for it to trigger. Best case it triggers instant but the numbers are too low to even consider using it.

And Destruction... i laughed my butt off. Hey guys, please get in a line so we can get cost reduction on our skills for a short time. Sounds ineffective imo. Best thing is to ignore the middle section completely. You are better of using crit dmg/mana and meteor or teleport talents.

3. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

Destruction would be good if it worked on self too. As is, I am putting all the spare points (first category maxed out) on the destruction group effect, and try to utilize it by standing right behind my teammates and giving them the buff (as I play with destruction a lot anyways, which I stated in the thread about the bug). The problem is, I would like to get the buff too... why does every other group effect, eg. SM healing on the steam conductor work on the caster too and this not? That's as unfair as annoying.

4. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

For me, I prefer to use my Guardian for extra DPS. For that, it needs to stay alive, not die.

With regards to destruction, perhaps it's the style I play with, I can't use it effectively. You see, I usually run in one of 3 scenarios: 1) with a DK, who doesn't need the destruction effect 2) solo, so it's useless 3) carrying guildies, who are all tucked behind me so I would actually have to aim destruction behind me (ie. where there are no mobs) to hit them, so it's a waste.

I am wondering if the Destruction group rune actually forces the effect to apply on the caster. If it does, then I might contemplate using it. I have asked this question before, and nobody had an answer. :D

5. heror

heror Forum Baron

It doesnt it just increases the % value

6. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

Wow, that sucks. A lot. Especially given the patchnotes said
    Guess that's not the case for SWs.