Group Increased difficulty issue

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by alexgriffin81, Oct 19, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexgriffin81

alexgriffin81 Forum Apprentice

Dear Big Point and Drakensang team.

There is a noticeable increase in difficulty during this Dragan event the more people there are in a group. Not only is this unrealistic, but it also punishes the idea of grouping together, especially as the increase is so disproportionate to playing solo. Surely the whole point of an MMO is that you WANT to play alongside other players? Furthermore, most other games actually REWARD parties, especially if it's a group containing all the various classes.

Please can you address this, as it's massively marred the gaming experience for me and my friends during this otherwise worthy event.

2. sdknightno1

sdknightno1 Advanced

It's about time someone said this, though I doubt that your voice will reach the DSO development office or they'll do anything about it any time soon.

However, I agree with you 200%. Increased difficulty in groups is an absurdly nonsensical feature and also one of my biggest pet peeves of this game. Take this event for example, other than to save pearls to summon bosses from statues, I have absolutely 0 incentive to group with other players when the monsters will receive a, I dunno, 200% bonus to both their HP and armor, making them 400% harder to kill...

This means that the top 10-20% of the stronger players will prefer to play solo than to group with players who are most likely weaker than them. This is bad for the 80% of the players who are not so strong and are seeking help from stronger players. If they are not in any strong guilds or have any close friends who are strong, they're completely out of luck otherwise. This is also very bad for the strong players because solo play tends to be very monotones and boring. Thus, it is very easy for them to become bored of this game and quit (myself for example). <<Since the top 20% of the stronger players (most likely p2p) also contribute to 80% of Bigpoints income, you might want to do something about this.

So here's what I propose:
    1. Get rid of the increased difficulty and maintain a difficulty at about 50% to 100% higher than the current solo difficult. In addition also raise the drop rate by 50% to 100%.
    OR
    2. Make it so that as the difficulty increases in groups the drops also increases proportionally.

Bigpoint, you really ought to ENCOURAGE group play to make this game better.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
    Nobs, Testador, -Skygazer- and 2 others like this.
  3. Noohbee

Noohbee Forum Apprentice

Nuff Said...

The whole point of grouping up in MMO's is to do a task easier as opposed to going solo.
    Here I'd rather go solo cause grouping up in MOST cases (specially in groups of 5) is rather time consuming...

They should do something about this..

Nobs and -Skygazer- like this.
  4. fourtwenty68

fourtwenty68 Board Analyst

haha i said this before,over and over again,
    but i'm glad you brought it up again.
    maybe write it in 'Ask the CM's ?;)

-Skygazer- likes this.
  5. rpfo

rpfo Padavan

Increasing the difficulty of event maps and PW its well know in DSO. Even Karabossa is away too harder when in groups. Considering that this event may be the most important event of the game by now, there is nothing else to expect. All player must also consider that it may be harder , but maybe none of u could kill it solo, so even if the bosses are harder , u have the chance to make ur goal! ;) Enjoy!

6. Nobs

Nobs Forum Apprentice

If you are going to make group play harder the rewards should also fit it . From the last event i find it best to solo or go with 1 other player close to my lvl , but this one is way harder now if this keeps up people will leave this game cause it is no fun if you cant beat the game

7. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

Some of that is DSO fallout from all the nerfing since 155. Many players now do not have the gear, skills, or experience to hold their own. This is when DSO adapts, by loosening up a little.
    Another point is so many weak players going after tough bosses and quests. The recent exploit of jumping levels didn't help matters any. Twinks get instant karma.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.