help me understand drop rates

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by slapyermammy, Oct 24, 2022.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. slapyermammy

slapyermammy Forum Apprentice

I wonder why drop rates for quests differ so widely, for example ... every time I do the Dark Woods quest I collect all items needed to fulfill it. But when I am doing the Frozen Hearts quest in Brigavik its a whole nuther story. The quest says I have to collect 50 hearts but the most I have ever received on any clean out is 2. Sometimes 1, sometimes none. So if I did get 2 per run I would have to do it a minimum of 25 times. But since there are often less than 2 it looks like I may have to do it 100 times. I am playing it in normal mode and burning through a lot of essences. Any insight?

2. FAALHAAS

FAALHAAS Forum Commissioner

Theres no insight or logic behind any of the droprates in this game.

3. OopsFoos

OopsFoos Board Analyst

Because these resources drop out from certain monsters that are randomly present in these locations. For example, there are other similar horn-collecting quests that drop only from demons, and these monsters randomly appear on the location...