Feedback Here are a few pointers if you are looking for or building a guild

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Plunderpigge, Apr 30, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plunderpigge

Plunderpigge Someday Author

Hi de ho friends and foes,

*When you are inviting people to a guild, It is important for the guild member asking, to inform the individual that you are inviting to join your guild, How many "people" are in your guild. "People", not to be confused with, "characters" in your guild. "People" can have up to 4 "characters". Remember, the more people you have in the guild, the better the chance someone will always be online to represent your guild.

*If someone leaves your guild ... Do not automatically go on the offensive, thinking that there is a problem that pertains to you or your guild directly. Go find and talk to that player. "LISTEN" to their reasoning for leaving. You don't live their personal lives and their reason may have had nothing to do with you or any other member in your guild or it might be just a slight misunderstanding ... No matter what, remember this ... A key, does not fit just "any lock" ...

* Are you building a guild?, or a local buddy group with your friends down the street from school? ... There is a "big" difference ... If you are creating a guild, you are taking on the responsibility of trying to help, or find help for ALL those you invited to the guild not just your personal click.

*You should not ignore guild members questions, especially when they whisper you ... Yes, this includes the times when, JohnDPublic, your best friend, is driving you nuts to go make a Mortis run.

*When looking for a guild, remember this ... "You are looking for people to help you, that are looking for you, to help them" ... Don't be a continual burden on your fellow guild members, expecting them to run just your quests. Sometimes it is you that should step back a quest line or two and help someone else instead ...

*If a person asks if you are a PvE or a PvP guild ... Be honest

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
  2. draco994

draco994 Active Author

you should help and give help to other members of the guild , it should not be one sided always,

3. hempthegreen

hempthegreen Advanced

im a 4.5 year long leader on dso . Been Co- leader of HellSaintsII for about 1.5years then now Ops family on agathon for about 3 years. If i may add to your nicley written post,
    - if a member leaves ,pm ask why did you leave, this way you will get an idea if there is a problem within guild that can be fixed. You always tell the player, Best of luck to you. (leaves you 2 off with a good ending)
    - as a leader DO NOT THINK its an easy road. Many guilds are built then crumble under 3months. stay calm do it right . Put yourself 2nd and all members 1st. ask them daylie / time to time if anyone needs help.
    -Please just dont send out random guild invites , it is one of the biggest NOOBish ways to recuit and run a half assed guild in my eyes. You do it right! on forums post about your guild, rules info , contect info ect. Let them come to you
    - Be active! if your not active then why should your members be as well.

4. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Interesting. And DSO will turn 4 years in august 2015. :D

hempthegreen likes this.
  5. hempthegreen

hempthegreen Advanced

BAHAHA!! its been so long i lost track of years here is proof im from beta days , my ID tag is 861,901.

trakilaki likes this.
  6. MegaNuker

MegaNuker Forum Ambassador

Here is some input from me.

I am up to people to say hey that will not work. Tell me why also. I listen.

A GM HAS to be on way more than once a week. If you have members that need an event take on the task to get other members in the guild to help them. Be kind but be direct.

People that learn how to do events effectively or pvp effectively can share their knowledge to the GM... Take time out of what your doing and listen and share.

There is a message of the day for your guild USE it with helpful info to all your members. Someone beat Mortis for the first time and wants everyone to know. Provided there is not much needed at the time put that in the welcome message for a day or two.

Remember keep your guild happy focus on doing what you can. Provided your not superman and can not do everything but try to help. People do leech identify them early.

hempthegreen likes this.
  7. hempthegreen

hempthegreen Advanced

Nicley said Nuker! I just want to add with the "leachies" are a common problem . They are players that come to your guild to "feed" (Get what they want, melts, mortis, destructor ect) But yet dont help any members. They only want want want. Tell them about that early they are very bad for guilds. Common problem with low level pvpers mixed in with high level pve players. I know 1st hand. Its tough but you can find an answer to make both sides happy!

8. earlwebster

earlwebster Forum Apprentice

I have a question. Just took over a small guild that started out spanish speaking, GolemDeFuego. there are 7 members. I want to post a daily message for the guild. How do I do this?
    Thanks, Earnest.

9. Anyki

Anyki User

Hello @earlwebster,

You can change the guild message if you are either a guild Officer or Guild Master by typing /cmotd followed by your message. ("cmotd" stands for "change message of the day.")

As well, please don't make multiple posts asking the exact same question. :)

Cheers,
    Anyki

Blodhor likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.