Feedback Hotbar keys

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by ΣMiwel, Nov 15, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

How many hotbar keys do you think there should be per hotbar?

1. 3 (devs' plan)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 7 (current state)

43.3%
  6. 8+

56.7%
  1. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

So, there's a lot of chaos here in regard to the plans of the devs to reduce the hotbar keys to 3. Please note that 3 skills bindable to the mouse would remain, for a total of 6 skills usable at the same time, + the option to have more than one hotbar in use would probably remain.

So, I'm creating this thread exclusively for the hotbar keys poll and for discussing the reasons for this or that number. The thing I want to avoid that is prevalent in the other threads is mixing this problem with other things and with general criticism against what we've seen about the CE.

2. cigarbennett

cigarbennett Board Analyst

Your survey is limited. Should be 8, 9, 0 added to the current 7.

trakilaki likes this.
  3. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

I dunno, it depends on how skill synergies and whatnot work in the post-CE world. But if multiple hotkey bar usage becomes commonplace, I wouldn't be surprised if the usage of macros to facilitate rapid hotkey bar swapping to trigger a specific skill becomes commonplace too.

ΣMiwel likes this.
  4. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

Yeah. Just like trading bots are common in one notable similar game with an item trading system that doesn't really facilitate finding the offers for the desired item...

5. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

11, 12, 13 ...
    I am always using 10 ... and not just 10 skills added there but actually always use them all and I could use one or two more.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Not just with my ranger but with the other classes too

Q7's set purpose was lobotomy ... the next one key press gameplay would be only continuation of the project "Brain-Dead Poets Society".
    The gaming and the games are in a serious decline for a quite some time ... this game is a perfect example for it.
    No wonder remakes and remastered editions are on a rise.

Alpaca and TwiliShadow like this.
  6. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

Ummm.... Where is the "Tree"???

7. DarkThor

DarkThor Forum Apprentice

I play with ranger, i consider reducing skills available a bad bad idea, with great impact on playing mode for Rangers.

Design is important but should not impact at all on playing, from 10 slots available at moment i use 9 diferrent skills, being explosive arrow on 2 places (q7 set impact).

Reducing number skills will will have great impact on ranger no other way around.

Luxthor (Heredur)

cigarbennett likes this.
  8. dkarl

dkarl Forum Duke

The Wild Pack skill icon looks the same whether you're using the three wolf setup or the wood wraith option. (That is, @trakilaki has that skill in slot 1, controlled by the 1 key on his keyboard.)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I voted for the current 7-slot hot key bar as my finger / thumb dexterity and hand placement makes shifting to even higher numbered keys problematic.

I use all 7 slots, though two are longer cool-down skills, so are used more judiciously while I tend to spam the other 5 throughout a short to prolonged battle.

The mouse does rapid fire work for the most part, though one of the two right mouse button skills also has a medium cool-down period, so switched to less frequently.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

As i noted in the CE feedback thread, I believe this move to a 3-button hot-key bar will force us to ignore even more of the skills in the skill tree. That is, all RA will probably use essentially the same set of 6 skills; all SM will probably used essentially the same set of 6 skills; etc.

We may be gaining a diversity of equipment builds influenced by the nerfing of the PW sets, but we'll simultaneously be losing skill diversity due to the limited hot key bar slots.

(To be fair, I haven't seen the new skill trees; depending on how dramatically they've been reworked, there might be some variety in choices from player to player, but I am betting that many skills will be dead on arrival if we can only apply 6 total [including the 3 mouse-controlled skills]. Anything with a long cool-down period will be abandoned by most players.)

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
    trakilaki likes this.
  9. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

Sooo, are the mods there to tell them literally 0 players voted for it to be below 7?

10. Melethainiel

Melethainiel Team Leader Team Drakensang Online

@ΣMiwel

We are here, of course we are. And, believe it or not, we do report all of your feedback.
    But it's not up to us to decide..

Good luck!:)

Alpaca likes this.
  11. Alpaca

Alpaca Forum Apprentice

More keys please, not less... Voted for 8+ :p

Thanks ΣMiwel for creating this poll, c'mon everyone vote, vote, vote ;)

trakilaki likes this.