How to calculate actual damage of a weapon?

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Akageshi, Aug 5, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Akageshi

Akageshi Forum Duke

Hi, I've never been good at maths...

I want to give you an example and ask if the calculation is correct:

Let's say I have no items, only a weapon equipped.

Weapon:
    600 max dmg
    +100 dmg on gems

+200% idoti
    +100% id
    _____
    Wisdom:
    +0% dmg on weapons
    +0% dmg

Character:
    425 dmg
    _____
    no essence
    no pet
    no buffs
    no bonuses
    _____

What would be my base damage?

(425character + (600weapon + 100gems) *3200% idoti) *2100% id = 5050

Is this correct? __________^

It doesn't matter some of the individual numbers make no sense because they are not obtainable in the game. I'm just asking if the formula is correct.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2018
  2. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Here is the best thread to answer this question without having to do a copy paste or retyping the answer.

The thread was originally meant to explain why %IDotI was better than %Damage, but the first half (the background sections) should be more than enough to answer any questions you have about damage.
    [​IMG]

This was Pre-R208 and the Wisdom Skills have changed, but the type of multipliers for damage are the same, just with different max values. We've not had any new meta-defining weapons or sets introduced that need to be accounted for, so read the section I have boxed by red and let me know what questions you have when you are done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.