How to calculate my damage

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by chopi, Apr 22, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. chopi

chopi Forum Greenhorn

Hi, can anyone tell me how to calculate my character's damage. Is there a calculator with which I can calculate the damage myself. Thank you in advance.

2. gbit

gbit Forum General

let me fix some notations

WD: weapon damage
    rubies:damage from rubies
    IDotI: increased damage on this item (enchantements on weapon; wisdom)
    IDoW: increased damage on weapon (wisdom; unique bonus Dragan's items, set bonus Dragan, unique bonus weapon bloodmage and sewers set)
    eqID: equipped item damage (sum of absolute damage equipped items)
    ID: increased damage

base damage (what you read in the first row of character window)

base damage = [(WD+rubies)*(IDotI)*(IDoW)+eqID]*ID

these values are absolute multipliers, not percentage values: e.g. if you have 295% IDotI the multiplier is 3,95, if you have 150% ID the multiplier is 2,5 and so on...

example:
    WD: weapon damage = 1000
    rubies:damage from rubies = 450
    IDotI: increased damage on this item (enchantements on weapon; wisdom) = 275% (multiplier=3.75)
    IDoW: increased damage on weapon (wisdom; unique bonus Dragan's items, set bonus Dragan, unique bonus weapon bloodmage and sewers set) = 90% (multiplier 1.9)
    eqID: equipped item damage (sum of absolute damage equipped items) = 800
    ID: increased damage = 215% ( multiplier 3.15)

base damage = [(1000+450)*(3.75)*(1.9)+800]*3.15 = 35064

you must consider that the weapon and the adornement have min-max damage value so, you have to calculate this damage for the min values to obtain min base damage, and the damage for the max values in order to obtain the max base damage.

hope this will help.

EDIT: you can use an Excel sheet for calculations, it's quite simple.

3. Theusen

Theusen Padavan

"Quite simple"???!!!???

...or U can just use a DPI calculator! (U hafta google it, cuz Im not allowed 2 link links like that in forum)
    [When measuring DPI, green ess is traditionally equipped plus a pet of Ur own choise, make sure Ur otherwise unbuffed and in city]

...and finally: "why DPI instead of DMG???" -easy! Ur DPInumber takes in2 account Ur chars attspeed, crithit + critdmg! DMG does not!

4. gbit

gbit Forum General

first of all

@chopi asked for damage calculation not for DPI/DPS, so I answered to that; as I said:
    green essences and also pet values must be considered in the formula (as absolute or percentage values).
    ...and the formula contains 2 sums and 3 multiplications, so yes "it's quite simple" :D

but I agree with you that DPI is a far better indicator for the output damage, although the calculation is more elaborate.
    EDIT:
    for the DPI formula you need the average base damage (AVD)
    AVD= (maxbaseDam + minbaseDam)/2
    P = %value crit hit
    p = abs value crit hit
    ( if % crit hit is 74%, abs crit hit is 0.74; so P = 74% and p = 0.74)
    CD = critical damage (the multiplier value from the character window, eg. x3,4)
    then you need the nearest less attack speed breakpoint near your attack speed (AS)
    [here you can find a table with the attack speed breakpoints]
    so
    DPI = AVD*[1+p*(CD - 1)]*AS​
    this formula don't take in count skills, that can increase your damage.
    if you have doubts, ask me...I'll try to explain me the best I can.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
  5. Mal3ficent

Mal3ficent Guest

Fake news.
    The list can always be updated.

Cheers

6. Theusen

Theusen Padavan

OK then this is the link: http://dsopage.bplaced.net/

=o))) Yep! Or U can just use that link and leave Ur calculator in the drawer! XDDD

OH BTW... once U get familiar w "speedbreaks" dont 4get 2 set Ur speed DOWN 2 Ur nearest speedbreak! (speedbreak should be set for the attack U use most frequently)

gbit likes this.
  7. Mal3ficent

Mal3ficent Guest

Theusen likes this.
  8. gbit

gbit Forum General

:eek:... But, but... Where is the fun? :D:D

Theusen likes this.