How to kill Khalys (Q5 quest) solo?"

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by bLaind, Aug 14, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

It seems like Khalys is too hard for me to solo... damn ander homing missiles... so I'm here to ask for some advices on how to survive those missiles in order to kill her.
    What would be the appropriate defensive stats to do that?

Current stats:
    [​IMG]

Painful mode of course.

2. kristianalcalde

kristianalcalde Forum Apprentice

You need high resis hp and armor plus dmg just kill khaly dont mind the other fake i always do that. I have video khaly solo before but i already delete. Ill make a new video to show to you.

bLaind likes this.
  3. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

I need some estimates on HP/res/armor, so that I know what to build. My critical will most likely go way down in this Khalys build.
    I have to mention that I have Keen's Might and the punctual ring and the wpn adrnmt of the defender set (one for all).

4. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

It can be done, but it is not worth it for most players. For example, I use blues on Painful just to make it go fast enough to be reasonable, and I use reds to do it on Excruciating and I still haven't pulled it on on Fatal.

Now, if you are dead set on trying to, I'd recommend at least another 10%-12% resist, 2k-3k more HP, and about 1k more damage. That is about how much I had about 8 months ago when I first did it.

Regarding method, I'd start on my mount in the middle and watch where the real version goes. Then see the clones. Kill the farther one by dropping a Dragon Fury (if you can't kill it with one or two smashes), pop Dragon Hide and then run to the second. You may need to use a pot or some of the HP spheres on future runs while DH is on cool down, but it is still doable. Then it is a matter of repeating the process.

EDIT:
    Here you go.

I used greens to better represent the damage you would have with blues, but even still, expect it to take 5-6 rounds.

I also hope that seeing those 22k-24k crits will get some of the Swerfield PvP'ers to shut up and stop accusing me of wasting reds when I crit smash them for 15k. :D

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
    bLaind likes this.
  5. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

Thanks, but I won't even get close to those stats... I mean, if I try to boost my defense, which is a must and I will do that, I will loose almost all my critical, and compared with your build's critical plus the warlord set... NOT even close to my possibilities.
    I'll see with what build I can come up, but if I manage to make a missile surviving build it will probably have a crappy DPS and it will take some time to kill her, but that doesn't matter since my goal is to get done with the Q5 quest and try out Q6.

6. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

Khalys is a group boss. Really difficult solo due to the clone missiles. I'm not sure I've done her solo. May be easier with a dwarf at lower stats as you can turret 2 clones if you're lucky

7. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

One other thing... Why didn't you use rage attack instead of swing? With that CHR you could've used DH and BoW more often.

8. _Baragain_

You are right, but I wasn't optimizing for this boss. I was just going for demonstration purposes and didn't adjust any skills from my farm build which I was doing earlier. Basically, I went as is and the only thing I changed was my two sets of gloves for defense as opposed to attack speed. My speed gloves just serve as my high tier defensive gem holder.
    [​IMG]
    And that is my plan for trying to take on Khalys III in the future, but I'm aiming for a little more crit, crit damage, and HP before the attempt. Basically, I'd have to score about 10-15 crits with my basic swing every round and then I'd be able to use DH at the beginning of each round to survive the clone onslaught. That doesn't leave much room for other hits, so I'll be relying on DF to do most of the damage.

9. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

I actually have to use purples to reach that damage.

So... Made this build:
    [​IMG]
    My DPS suffered... a lot!
    I had a hard time killing stuff to reach the boss room, luckily I manged to stop the Experiment from moving.

I was forced to use red ess on Khalys. but I had a very bad luck (bug?), I died once... used my last mighty spirit guard and when I almost had her... died again and when I resurrected she had full HP:confused:o_O:eek::mad:, so I gave up.
    I'm gonna need a build with "equilibrium" between def and DPS.
    So... I've postponed this Q5 quest till I have a better build. Q6 will have to wait...

10. _Baragain_

Or you could ask for help. It is easy enough in a team of 3 or more.

Novadude likes this.
  11. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

Yup, q5 is really easy in a group of 3 or more. Its kind of doable with 2 if one is really strong and the other can survive/spam pots to take out 2 clones.

Vegitt0 likes this.
  12. Zed

Zed Forum Pro

Yup (always ready for help)

13. bLaind

bLaind Forum Baron

Yesterday I got bored, and thought: "Let's see if there's any group in Q5.":rolleyes:
    There were some, one-two twinking... So, sent request to the first one that looked to me that was doing the quest. They were a DK, 2 SMs and a RA... We lost the RA in the first map, lost the other DK in the second... In the end I finished the quest with those 2 SMs, even tho they didn't seem that strong... They died a few times, used around 10 spirit stones, but I also died once on the road and once on Khalys.
    Used blue ess on the maps and purple on Khalys just to be sure that I get enough HP from MWS.
    And we killed her in 3 rounds (2 ander waves). A SW came in the 5th/last run and finished her in 2 rounds.
    I just used my normal build except that I used Keen's Might, lost some CHR and atk spd.
    After I finished it, apart from Q6 access, I also got the Q7 quest.
    I'm done with Khalys, for now... or until I get better to get my revenge one on one (or is it one on one + 2 clones).
    Now I have another boss to skip on DQs, apart from Balor and Grimmag.:D

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
    knifesss and _Baragain_ like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.