Suggestion HP value on HP bars

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by rogue07, Nov 2, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rogue07

rogue07 Someday Author

This is something I would love to have in the game, and appreciated on many other MMOs I've played in the past. It would be very helpful to know how much HP all the creatures in a dungeon have, as this would help a lot with proper strategic play, and also for preparing for changes in boss phases which occur at a certain point of HP.

I know it wouldnt require all that much coding, its a rather simple change but would be widely appreciated. instead of a perception or "feeling" based playstyle, a more technical approach would be great.

simply put, just add an (xxxx/xxxx) inside the HP bar of all creatures.
    I dont know if this has been mentioned at all in the last 6 years of DSO but I sincerely hope the DSO team will approve of this, adding such a simple feature while boosting player convenience greatly is a pretty good deal I think.

also, this would help remove some religous beliefs some players have about having more team members. despite me proving it with proper calculations, some of the older players refuse to believe.

HP increase per all creatures in a dungeon including boss, per member in team as I've noticed is roughly 60% per player starting from member #2 and onwards.
    11-12% armor and resistances per player starting from member #2 and onwards as well.
    not sure how much increase in terms of damage per player, never really got around to calculating that, somehow i forgot to add damage increase into my calculations :D

on a sidenote, you know... an almanac or something, even if on the forums or wherever would be pretty cool too, like a little list E-book with all the creatures in the game, their stats and a little image.
    props to trakilaki and his friends for doing this to the best they can as a 3rd party, throughout all these years. but i think DSO team needs to consider that while its great to have players diving into the mechanics of the game and creating information databases on their own - you guys need to do so as well.
    I implore you to please contribute more information to the general knowledge of your playerbase :)
    the more your players understand the game, the more likely they will stay instead of finding it on a different game.

2. krawler2018

krawler2018 Junior Expert

its a good idea for monsters but if it implemented it might show other players hp too in pvp or in group and for some players with lower hp might be hard to get in group with stronger players, most of the strong ones with over 50k hp already play in group together
    and if they see in group a weaker one they might kick him out

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.