I got an in game whisper asking to go to a website

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Guitarman, Dec 9, 2013.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guitarman

Guitarman Forum Master

Hi All

The website shows drop rate for anders / cots / others from beautifulbutrfly.

Did anyone get the same ?

Is it legit ?

2. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

Yes, it seems that that chat bots are back on Tegan. We used to have a thread on the old forum to report these so they could ban those accounts.

I received those whispers from that same player on several of mine tonight.

And NO! It is not legit. Visit that site at your own peril (high risk of losing your account :mad:) The site may claim to know all that stuff but nobody except the devs know things like drop rates. So there is definitely some other motive there.

Luck be with ye,
    Mikey,
    Tegan

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  3. Kasherinae

Kasherinae Junior Expert

In all likelihood, the website will install a suite of malware on your computer that is very persistent, and includes things like remote access to your desktop and keyloggers. DO NOT GO THERE. Contact support ASAP.

The MO of the chat bot on Agathon is to include a character name followed by 0s. I forget the website that was advertised. I reported both chat bots that contacted me.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  4. Guitarman

Guitarman Forum Master

.... that is scary....

should I changed my password or something ?

there should be more warnings. I am sure players received such messages.....

5. multitoonz

multitoonz Forum Great Master

Run an anti-malware/spyware scan first then change your login password.

I got the same whisper from that person on Tegan in KH, it is best to ignore them. Report the character name to support, with server too. BP did a good job of cleaning the whisper bots out for a while but looks like they are coming back.

6. Biztart

Biztart Exceptional Talent

I can confirm that this is NOT an official site.

We don't know the intentions of this site, but precautionary measures are always recommended.

7. Muscle

Muscle Forum Pro

I also got one, but it was about uniques. Ignored, took screen pic instantly, and contacted support. They banned him before i even returned back in the game :)

8. Zokin

Zokin Forum Expert

Sure, just keep shooting,:cool: err i mean reporting, lets clean up this game from hackers! I too reported a couple of them for bot advertaising.

9. bigbadwolf61

bigbadwolf61 Forum Apprentice

ANY lvl 1 in an area that they shouldn't be in(i.e. Lvl 1 in wildherdz cave) is trouble. Report ALL bots to support, then go to the player search, highlight the name and hit the ignore. If you go to one, KISS YOUR ACCOUNT AND YOUR COMPUTER BYE-BYE!!! I had a friend go to one and his computer took a MAJOR nose dive! He had to buy another computer.

10. dragonlordz

dragonlordz Junior Expert

guys the best thing to do is to take an image of the message, go and press ignor to that player and send the picture to support, stay away from these sites as they are most likely danegerous filled with viruses and malware.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.