I think potion should be banned in battle

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by -DeathRaider-, Aug 20, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Should potions be banned in battle?

1. Yes

33 vote(s)
    45.2%
  2. No

40 vote(s)
    54.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -DeathRaider-

-DeathRaider- Forum Pro

Some people are invincible because it takes so long to kill them and then they use potion. Many people whine about potions anyways, so what's the point of them, to cause chaos?

50Calliber likes this.
  2. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

Would you prefer you and your enemies die quick and painful deaths, without benefit of even first aid?

3. -DeathRaider-

-DeathRaider- Forum Pro

Hmmmm they shouldn't be that weak anyways, if they are that serious go farm and get stronger, potions just cause problems with people to much commotion.

Sirhan and 50Calliber like this.
  4. AKAGAMInoShanks

AKAGAMInoShanks Someday Author

indeed man ban potions, only noobs use potions tbh

50Calliber likes this.
  5. 50Calliber

50Calliber Forum Greenhorn

I always thought the potions in this game was a bad idea; obviously..it's a no brainer. I want to play with honer...many others feel the same.

6. herodian

herodian Forum Greenhorn

I don't think that potions for pvp should be banned. For some people it is a strategy to "counter attack" after the enemy depletes its mana/con, or simply turn on the potion haters' anger, so their combo will be ruined.

The cooldown is already 30 seconds for pvp, to prevent spam from heavy usage. Furthermore, all characters have same cooldown, so its equal for you or your enemy to use it.

Preparing for a war is essential though, whether it is real world or unreal. So, the only factor is that whether you have your potions ready or not.

7. Bearer-of-Death

Bearer-of-Death Exceptional Talent

If you guys don't like health potions than why ban them only from the arena???
    Ban health potions from the game, since all of you are so strong!!!

And why stop their...lets take it to the next lvl and remove all ess and buffs from the game too, its obvious that you guys don't need that stuff, right!!!

And where is the honor in killing an opponent with just one hit???

Btw, cooldown time for health potions is 1min.

Sirhan, Warlord, Strider and 3 others like this.
  8. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

I would say people who farm a lot have a lot of potions.
    If banning the potions ... then ban the essences and buffs too.
    Using potion is for noobs but buffs and essences are not? :D:D:D

9. Greekhell

Greekhell Advanced

as I already said to another post is to get a filter and separeta the users and the non users so all of us will be happy to go on

10. Nyshen

Nyshen Someday Author

I say ban everything in the game from the arena. Two weaponless naked toons go in, one comes out.

Two toons enter, one toon leaves! Two toons enter, one toon leaves! (Thunderdome anyone?)

11. -DeathRaider-

-DeathRaider- Forum Pro

Potions are the things that is causing problems essences are things people just confused, some people automatically think your using essence when you hit hard

--MERGED--

Lol its hone when someone kills you in 1 hit. I guess let's banned essence and buffs in battles too if that is a problem to.

Last edited by moderator: Aug 20, 2014
  12. Greekhell

Greekhell Advanced

and then what will be the point of farming leveling questing and buying if we go nude in there?

13. Nyshen

Nyshen Someday Author

You do realize I was kidding right? I voted to keep potions in BTW.

But thinking about it, it's not a bad idea. Not all the way around, but having a special arena set up where both players go in with nothing, every 30 seconds or so a white treasure box spawns in a random area, who ever gets to it first gets what's inside. If a SW gets it first it's a lvl equivalent wand. If a ranger gets it it's a bow. Next box would have a writ/quiver, next one blue essences,....so on and so forth. Nothing anyone could keep, just things used for that specific fight.

In any case I wasn't being serious.

14. Greekhell

Greekhell Advanced

oh sorry dear I didnt get it, but it is a nice idea of yours throw a voting over it. On the other hand I would like to have a 20+ toon 15 min arena 1vs all with pedal to the metal

--MERGED--

I think that it is not fair to just ban something some people farmed or bought these potions for that specific reason thats why I suggested what I said. I believe at the free will to act as anyone wants but I also believe that all must have the opportunity to have their fight at the same base set

Last edited by moderator: Aug 21, 2014
  15. Bearer-of-Death

I wasn't speaking of myself, nobody can kill me with one hit.
    I spoke for the community, unlike some of you...who only speaks for personal interest/gain, those who use guild members to farm for glyphs and then come to arena acting like they bought them and start to use emotes to jerk around and make fun of weaker players, only because they have above 3000K of health/armor.

Some of you already asked to ban health potions, others buffs and others ess...whats next???? I know lets remove fame tree and after that ban F2P from the arena, because you guys keep on loosing against them no matter what.

Remove your gear lvl up to 50 and we let our stock of health potions in the locker(Kobold) sounds good???

16. -DeathRaider-

-DeathRaider- Forum Pro

Answer this simple question. Do potions cause major problems in this game?

17. Nyshen

Nyshen Someday Author

Ummmm, No. I really don't understand how they do. I've never had a problem with them. They're pretty easy to farm, come in handy in a pinch, and really with the cooldown time, that prevents spamming them, it seems more than fair in the arena.

An RPG(ish) game without health potions is like a pizza without cheese. It's just wrong. (No offense to any lactose intolerant persons who don't eat pizza with cheese.)

Sirhan, Multi-Sev and Serenthía like this.
  18. Multi-Sev

Multi-Sev Forum Overlooker

Simple answer: No, they don't cause major problems in this game.

Detailed explanation: Use of potions in PvP causes mental issues, bordering on complete nervous breakdown, for those players who let it affect them that way. That's the individual player's issue, not a problem with the game. The aforementioned players will say, "potions are CHEATING" and cuss a blue streak if someone uses one. If they are allowed in the game, using them isn't cheating. End of story.

19. Multi-Sev

Multi-Sev Forum Overlooker

I don't really see what the big deal is here. In most cases when someone is fighting me and has to use a potion they are on the ropes. In the vast majority of cases they still die, just a little bit later :D

20. Bearer-of-Death

Answer - Does gear lvl 50 on a character lvl +5 cause major problems???

Against P2P sure, every time i need it, I have no problem with it.
    Just like you have no problem in using lvl 50 gear against others with gear at their characters lvl.

Its impressive how F2P with low resources can bother so much some P2P.
    For you its unfair to use health potions, but not lvl 50 gear, right!!!

Did you know that you can also use health potion???
    They drop everywhere ingame, they are not hard to obtain, just farm for 30 mins to get 10 or more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.