language

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by terrorcops, Feb 3, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. terrorcops

terrorcops Forum Greenhorn

I wanted to ask when there will be an update for Dutch

2. teddy.bear

teddy.bear Forum Ambassador

Hello @terrorcops,

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but no, there won't be any Dutch updates - the Dutch forum, game version and support have been discontinued a long time ago.

I hope you will continue to enjoy the game in English or another language you are comfortable with :) .
    Cheers,
    teddy.bear

3. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

If he only speaks Dutch and used Google Translator to get the above question (which I suspect is the case since there's no question mark), that would massively hoover.

If the game wasn't in English, I know I wouldn't play it. It would be a serious P.I.T.A to have to constantly translate everything on the screen to know what was going on, what with there not being any kind of "select/copy" to get that text.
    ... not to mention how much s.l.o.w.e.r. game play would be.

I know I have difficulty playing with those I know that only speak Portugesse, and thus requires a party member who knows both languages. Everything they say has to be typed into Google Translate with "as close to actual characters I can get in English" and the translations don't always work with incorrect mixed language characters. Then I have to type the same "mixed language characters" back trying to respond.. which doesn't always translate correctly.

The chat program really needs an "Auto Translate" function. That would go very far in uniting the base. This forum needs an "Auto Translate" button as well (translate into the logged in users language, and then translate responses back into the specific forum thread language).