Latest adjustments for the Ranger on R169

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by ULTRAPEINLICH, Jul 7, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ULTRAPEINLICH

ULTRAPEINLICH Forum Duke

Again all they can think of is adjusting the explosiv arrow and experiment with it by tweaking its damage here and there :rolleyes:

Direct Dmg decreased to 100%, explosion dmg buffed to 200%

This won't fix ANY of the current problems (rangers are perceived as being too weak in boss runs and too strong in pvp due to high burst damage)

If I remember correctly, Haruki said in a twitch session that the guy who's responsible for balancing is rather new in the team. Yeah i can see that. Thanks, glad to hear how important this matter is for you dev guys :rolleyes:

Why don't you try tweaking other skills than exlosive arrow. There have been several good ideas which would have earned a test.
    (gonna list them later on when i have time and less disappointed)

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
    Kattige, draco994, Dylannn and 4 others like this.
  2. joe6699

joe6699 Junior Expert

That skill has been already nerfed once...some crybabies still think that rangers are OP, they are not OP. To be a good ranger, you must have a balanced build and it takes time to do it. DK as comparison, all you need is a powerful 2H weapon to do easy farming (healing and dmg are insane).

draco994 and bloodyneo like this.
  3. bloodyneo

bloodyneo Forum Master

everything about dks is op bro i cant count them up..and everything about the rangers is noobish and they killed our only hope in pvp (explosion arrow because of dks crying babies)

Kattige and draco994 like this.
  4. girliex

girliex Forum Apprentice

...i add also about PVP in lower lvl like 20-30, ranger only rely on net to make a stun. the lay trap and bird are useless. its easy to dodge and predictable. just give something could be trow to the opponent. just give one more stun that its not to be predicted your action. im a purely f2f player but love to do pvp. i know i don't have match with payer player but at least we can deal the situation. when i matched DK i have a hard time coz its end up to lose because they have lots of stun even u escape from the first stun, another stun will come again to hit you.

5. bloodyneo

bloodyneo Forum Master

omg bro nearly all his skills have stun after the(EDIT) r155 i guess the developer favourite char is dk

6. ULTRAPEINLICH

ULTRAPEINLICH Forum Duke

I really didnt want to start the Ranger/DK/dwarf and who is op discussion, this is another matter.
    But for the ranger i really am disappointed how shallow and creativeless the balancing problem has been tackled.
    Instead of tweaking the EA's skill dmg again, they could have tried changing other skills too.
    To make the ranger more desirable in groups there were ideas like:
    -group buff for each different class in group
    -group damage buff when trap/net is used
    -My favorite idea:
    Replace talent 1 or 2 with: When prec shot hits only 1 marked foe, regain 10% of your total concentration.
    This would make us powerful in bossruns again.

I dream of the day when serious builds in dso will be possible, with skills and talents that affect each other and can be combined...

7. Viral

Viral Forum Apprentice

the problem is, a lot of people can't understand that a ranger needs about 4.000 max. dmg and about 400% critical dmg to be kinda equal to a mage's dmg. and it's a long way to reach that level of dmg, a very long one. also, a ranger needs a high critical rate, like 70% or more. i know just 2 or 3 who have reached this level after a lot of time and luck. (even i have just reached 400% crit dmg and 3.200 max dmg after 3.5 years in dso)

and with a decreased skill for rangers, they may be less desirable in groups, less then a ranger already is, except they've phenomenal stats. but even then it's hard.

in the end bp will ignore the ideas again, then they'll see that the rangers are too weak at this point and try to fix it with a new skill or so. all wasted time and money, instead of an economic solution for bp. while the ideas in the forum are pretty good. anyway we'll see what r169 and so are good for.

Kattige likes this.
  8. MANOJ

MANOJ Forum Pro

That is one of the best tweaks rangers can have.
    I would love to see this happening :)
    Hopefully this suggestion finds its way to DSO developers desk and they show some sense and implement this.

Yogo likes this.
  9. Zed

Zed Forum Pro

Exactly. Because the main problem in PvP with the RAs is the fact that the explosive arrow can hit players without having to aim at them.
    For rangers that spam EA hoping to hit enemies, this is a blessing.

draco994 likes this.
  10. wangwang

wangwang Active Author

If EA can break armor of any mob/boss,i think at least 1 ranger is needed in the group

David_Tactic and zze like this.
  11. zze

zze Forum Greenhorn

Very good idea maybe only for end bosses group will want ranger more then ever.Being helpful not sitting in city and waits for " + "

12. bloodyneo

bloodyneo Forum Master

yes and i see this as a nerfing

13. fab

fab Advanced

Dks immunity skill should be taken away in pvp ( which makes them op , of course ) , as pve and pvp is a totally scenario.
    For rangers EA, their distance travel alot more further than mages frozen sphere and their AOE radius is pretty large.
    It's just funny to see rangers using just only scatter shot to kill people in pvp and that's just too funny , don't you think so.
    Some rangers brag that a sw with 5k damage cant even kill them and they just use 1-3 scatter shot and the job is done to a dead sw.
    To lose to a better skilled player is ok BUT to lose to someone which lead to unbalanced skills is simply just frustrating.
    Girliex do you know that how many bird have killed much players in pvp, their markings slows you down by 30% and its a sure hit and i didnt know that a EDIT canr be so deadly than a lightning strike.
    Bp cant tell the difference between pve and pvp !!!

Last edited by moderator: Jul 11, 2016
  14. Dylannn

Dylannn Board Analyst

Ehm, no... That's simply a dumb idea.

95% of all ranger birds doesn't hit me.

I kill most rangers with a simple fireball... where's the problem?
    Simply keep some distance

Do we actually play the same game? I have the feeling you don't know what this game is about...

This thread is all about rangers, so why did you start talking about classic balancing and DK's? Well...

EhtovK, _Baragain_ and Dionysos like this.
  15. joe6699

joe6699 Junior Expert

If they plan to nerf EA, they must give something as compensation. As example:
    1-Bringing back the 3 sec to stun in pvp or pve when you select the skill (indomitable skill for all class)
    2-Deadly blow, the old 100% dmg would be nice, also add the marking effect with deadly blow.
    3-Modify the path of the hunting net, direct shot instead of a dumb parabolic effect that is useless in pvp LOL...

well i think i am daydreaming...

David_Tactic likes this.
  16. DiabloadiK

DiabloadiK Forum Apprentice

as i concerned in pvp between lvl 20-30..,ranger have a hard time for most of the class..coz as i said this lvl are only rely on net to make a stun hit them if u have chance, but they make frees fro any negative effect, so less chance of winning.
    as of now my chance only is the precise shot hit & run method. Make trap to be thrown or remove bird indication/warning to the opponent. Just a little shape up for this skills.

17. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

What nerf? They nerfed half and buffed half for a total damage against a single target that stays the same, but because they buffed the AoE part, it will do more damage to a group of densely packed mobs. That isn't a nerf, it is an over all buff.

This change also makes it more powerful in PvP where many RAs just use EA to get close to a target and let the explosion do most of the work. Given how strong this skill was already in PvP, this is a buff to the point where it is borderline OP again (in PvP).

In my opinion, this was unnecessary as what RAs really need is a better balance to their essence use in PvE. Good RAs are already sufficiently strong in PvP.

Troneck86 and Zed like this.
  18. bloodyneo

bloodyneo Forum Master

my bird minimum damage is 18k....max damage 27K with royal quiver...im asking the smart developers how come it hit op DK 900 critical NOT blocked????????
    lets say he got max 80% max armor max 80% blockrate and 80% reduced..
    pleas (EDIT) explain how it hit him(EDIT) that low hit?
    i ansewr my self WHY..BECAUSE R155 fault and let the pvp balancing in a big mess

19. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

There are additional buffs in the pvp game to reduce damage on the honor points side. He might have 25/25 reduced damage selected, especially if he is on of those lifekeeper flagrunning dks.

_Baragain_ likes this.
  20. Fugnuts

Fugnuts Forum Master

BP logic - We mustn't give rangers high dmg on 2handed bows because EA is OP.Few weeks later, EA gets a buff.How stupid is that?^^

Mage's ice sphere is crazy slow and easily to dodge while that EA is fast as hell which makes it impossible to dodge.And it does 2x dmg .The guy in charge with PVP balancing definitely has no idea what he is doing if he decided that buffing EA is a must.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.