Left handed

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by trakilaki, May 8, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

I got one simple question. Why are all rangers left handed? DK's, SW's and SM's are all right handed ... only rangers are left handed.
    Why is that?

Bearer-of-Death likes this.
  2. Zokin

Zokin Forum Expert

Cuz they are "special". :D

3. Bearer-of-Death

Bearer-of-Death Exceptional Talent

What you don't know???
    Its because he only has right-handed dumbbell:D...to workout!!!
    He lost the other one somewhere in "Stalgard"...the Evil Dwarf found it...to melted for glyphs:D

goe-spec likes this.
  4. Zokin

Zokin Forum Expert

More likely he's a lonely felow outhere in the woods, so he's doing a lot of selfies. xD
    Selfie

5. Bearer-of-Death

Hahahahaha...good one!!!...
    ...well, they have to:eek:...there aren't many female rangers out there:(...

...and if they try to engage upon a female SW, they get "Frost Nova" to cool them down:cool:...
    ...while female DK..well a "Iron Brow" is more than enough to keep any ranger far from them...:confused:

goe-spec likes this.
  6. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Believe it or not ... I was serious about this one. :D
    I mean everyone knows that right handed person holds an bow in left hand and fires arrows with right hand. It is same as with rifle ... you aim with left hand and pull the trigger with right hand.
    Zokin's avatar is more than excellent proof. :)

7. Bearer-of-Death

Ok, seriously then...perhaps the person that designed/build the Ranger character is left-handed!!!

8. CemalRavage

CemalRavage Junior Expert

here is the true answer , all caracters have the weapon in the RIGHT hand
    the first classes was DK and SW , they designed the toons to have the weapons in the right hand , after they add the ranger in the game , but they used the same "skeleton"(the same toon) for the rangers , so in the moment you put a weapon in the rangers hand the weapon will be put by the program in the right hand , cuz the game doesent know the right handed archers hold the bow in the left hand , its a little detail that bugpoint ignored it , like they ignore all the others "minor"details , so you can see how much they give a EDIT for details , good that they give it for the money

hope it helped :D

Last edited by moderator: May 9, 2014
  9. daywaker2

daywaker2 Forum Demigod

no special reason maybe bug:D

10. CemalRavage

CemalRavage Junior Expert

no bug , game mechanics

11. daywaker2

daywaker2 Forum Demigod

ah ok thanks:D now i know more then before:D

12. Serenthía

Serenthía Someday Author

Studies have found that left-handed people tend to be more creative. Perhaps that is why the ranger is so skilled :D

13. welhart2

welhart2 Forum Greenhorn

Being a leftie myself, it only seems natural to me, after you mentioned it. Rangers are only toon i play, and have taken five of them to 45, while trying various experiments fortheir advancement. Rangers, like lefties, are non-conformists and this is way of showing it. Wonder if ratio of lefties vs righties is higher in Ranger class. But then again, he may be left-handed for the simple reason of hjis quiver being over left shoulder. But thanks for bringing it to my attention, just gives another reasin to love my Ranger.
    ----Walksalone

14. Multi-Sev

Multi-Sev Forum Overlooker

Sorry, but I've seen many reputable studies that refute the erroneous claim that lefties are "more creative" than righties. There's just no scientific evidence for this claim, and plenty of evidence that it's merely anecdotal. This misunderstanding is based on the "right-brain is creative, left-hand is controlled by right-brain, therefore left-hand is creative" myth. This has also been shown to be utter nonsense. The right brain and left brain work in harmony, not as separate entities. This is almost as silly as the urban myth "humans only use 10% of their brains". That's 10% AT A TIME, people! There is no part of the brain that isn't used, but only (about) 10% is used at any one time! If we used 100% at all times we'd be in full time epileptic seizure mode. Just another example of how facts get distorted and misinterpreted. As in the case of the myriad other things that "everyone knows"... this leftie/rightie thing is a false premise reinforced by word-of-mouth from misunderstanding. Still repeated by the masses, to this day, and believed as a "truthism". (My word for a popular "truth" that isn't truth at all, but everyone "knows" it's true.)

Rational people dump these "truthisms" into the urban myth round-file and move along. But, of course, rational people are among the extreme minority of the homo sapiens species. Once these things become embedded in popular culture, good luck digging them out!

Citations:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...hree-myths-and-three-facts-about-left-handers

https://www.freelancersunion.org/bl...and-facts-about-left-handed-people-and-birds/

Darwarren likes this.
  15. MegaNuker

MegaNuker Forum Ambassador

More than likely it was an oversight when they made the game. Not knowing how a really archers should hold the bow and maybe to achieve a unified look of all archetypes.

16. Multi-Sev

I agree. I think when they were planning the game they just stuck all weapons in the right hand of characters and said "good enough".

17. MegaNuker

MegaNuker Forum Ambassador

What I find funny is the 2nd link even states that musicians and artists are commonly left handed. Say there is no scientific evidence for something does not mean it is false. Showing a study of how much better ate being creative a person is no matter what hand they are would but this is a fact that has never been proven... I would like to know what the most profitable painting is and who painted it. Where they right handed?

Edit:

No a doctor the finds a cure is logical and we'll learned. They test this and that and study. Creativity is form the word create in fact a doctor does not create but simply applies. For a creative doctor would be someone that does something no one else has done by means that no one else has used. The statement is simply a left handed person is more creative does not mean a right hand person is not creative. Anyone can create and be creative. The only prof I know about was from my College course where twins where separated at birth one forced to be right handed and another left handed. One was a newspaper columnist the other was a manager of a medium sized firm. pick what one is which.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
  18. Multi-Sev

Since when has "the most profitable" meant the same as "the most creative"? The point of those articles was to show that there is no direct tie-in to being left-handed and being creative. The article admits there is anecdotal evidence, but that is not the same. Anecdotes don't "prove" anything.

If there are more left-handed musicians in the world, does this mean left-handers are proven to be more musically "creative"? Or does it show that left-handers handle instruments better? Or do left-handers read music better? Or does it show none of these things? Also, how do you define "creativity"? Is a savant-like ability in mathematics "creative". Is a doctor who designs a cure for a deadly disease "creative"? Or are only artists considered to be "creative"? Is a writer of novels an "artist"? The whole idea is anecdotal because there are no clear definitions.

Doesn't there seem to be a cultural bias at work here, that creativity is limited to famous/profitable artists? Does being famous automatically mean an artist is more creative than her non-famous counterpart? Or does being left-handed make it more likely for a person to want to become famous, and therefore try for that fame?

The above questions are (limited examples of) why a statement like "left handed people are more creative" is anecdotal, and means nothing in a scientific sense.

But this is all OT to the original post, so this will have to be my last post on the topic.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
  19. BigPapa

BigPapa Forum Overlooker

In medieval and Roman times, lefties were forced to conform to right hand sword, left hand shield so they could fight in unison and perform squad level tactics with their unit. For those that saw the dwarves do their cool shield wall maneuvers in the last LOR, they can visualize why this was forced. As for rangers, Left and Right brain stuff usually dictates dominant eye. Which is why righties aim with the right eye and hold a weapon so that can be accomplished.

20. fourtwenty68

fourtwenty68 Board Analyst

rangers r right handed in this game not left.
    when u play baseball u catch with ur left n throw with ur right,rangers hold bow in there left n shoot with there right.
    ambidextrous, u can do both.like when i play darts lol.
    doesnt really matter because the fixed point is in the center of the screen,like most games

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.