Lets discuss server changing openly

Discussion in 'Speakers‘ Corner' started by Phyrix, Jun 5, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

Let us as a community discuss server changing and how to convince BP to make it happen.
    Yes it is intricate but exactly how intricate?
    What would the negatives of such an action be?
    Yes I know it is almost impossible to emulate your crafts so switching servers will entail losing all your crafts.
    Also your payments made on a server is for that server only.
    But what about the loss of gems and glyphs?
    Is there not a way to transfer this to a new build?
    What would the other implications be?
    Would there if there is a mass migration, not overpopulate one server in favour of another?
    Would it be acceptable to have your build on a quiet server moved to Grimmag for example instead of Heredur?

2. rcch

rcch Advanced

I do not believe that it would be that difficult. Data is most likely in various tables on DB and in this case DB and "software" itself is on same version etc so no complications there(which is usually the issue on data migrations)
    What data to transfer:
    Character(possible problem name collision, not a biggie, locker size, premium/deluxe subsription, for example credit card info user could enter again if needed)
    Items
    Gems
    Runes
    Currencies
    herbs,ores etc
    done quests,achievements(char history)
    anything else?

I bet that all of those would be in relatively small subset of tables that using some simple db tooling the migration would not be that bad(providing they have had some sense when designing datamodel for character).
    Or writing simple export tool and then import tool to do extract and import...they should hire a summer trainee to write this for support to use by request

Char would appear on new server for example so that no items gems etc are equipped. So everything would just be in inventory in a big mess and one would need to sort that out himself/herself

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  3. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

My first reaction is where the hell would I switch to? While the EU servers are playable for they still have ~90ms higher ping. In a game that is plagued with lag related issues that is too much.

Then there is Lagathon. It is strange since the server is in the same physical location as Tegan but I have always had way more lag problems there; e.g. brown/white screens when switching maps.

So for me, the issue is a non-starter. If my voice had any influence with the devs I can think a many, many more important things for them to work on.

But putting that aside, I feel there must be some underlying tech issue with this. In any other game that I have played server merges would have already happened here.

4. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

Like my hammer of zeal :D
    Or you could just make some examples this is an open discussion of course :)
    EDIT:
    Imagine all agathon players on tegan then xD
    Since its white screens etc there, why not bring them to tegan?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  5. Thunder

Thunder Forum Apprentice

I suffer with this inconvenience, I had to abandon 3 pj's, because the server was no longer competitive, so I had to recreate a new account on another server and start everything from scratch, abandoning everything I had already done and spent ...
    they could give you an option with a single chance for you to change the server.

My opinion.

6. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

If they charged $25 server change and a once only it would = $250 000 if 10 000 players changed servers xD
    Something I am sure many people would be willing to pay including me xD

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  7. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

If daywaker's cheating account has already been transferred to another server ... that means it is possible. Right?
    If there were 10K players on those servers there wouldn't be any need of changing servers XD

8. GxTheBatman

GxTheBatman Forum Greenhorn

what you mean? that never happened.

9. heror

heror Forum Baron

gud meme OmegaLUL

trakilaki likes this.
  10. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

You sure about that?
    What proof can you provide? Something like technical info whether account has been transferred or cloned form one server to another.
    That feature is possible BTW ...

11. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

Just because everyone else can copy and paste from one server onto another server doesn't mean the dev team can or will. After all, they have more important things to do, like find ways to add more pointless grinding to the game and find other aspects of the popular games to poorly copy into this one.

Keep in mind, merging servers would make a segment of the players happy and there will be none of that.

12. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

Are you him that you know?
    Are you a dev that you know?
    Are you his fellow cheater that exchanges info with him that you know?

I don't see other possibilities... tbh the last one is most likely.