Feedback Lord of the Dead (1/2)

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by MegaNuker, May 11, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MegaNuker

MegaNuker Forum Ambassador

Here is a new quest that I just found by accident.

[​IMG]

2. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

Yeah, its been around for some time.

3. MegaNuker

I can tell you it just showed up after release 164. It was not there Release 163.

4. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

That is butchered version of the old "Lord of the Dead" quest.
    BTW available since R158 (introduction of the new PW) ... nothing new.
    The thing is it is a random quest (what the hell!!!) ... meaning someone can get it with the first entrance in OoB and someone probably won't get it even with 2M entrances (random like BP random ... like the items ... sounds familiar?).
    I had this quest prepared for Wiki guide ... but I missed one screenshot (because of the "All connection attempts ... .. ... error") ... and since then I couldn't get the quest in any other character including TS (that random).
    Screens for the guide ... made with my main character at Grimmag.
    So this guide is Exclusively for the forums!

Lord of the Dead
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Time for Retirement

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. MegaNuker

Guess that explains a lot but one thing I will wonder for a very long time completing this quest is....

Is there another quest just maybe after. The story seems kinda to be continued...

6. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

Im currently at 77/100 or something like that on the quest, and i think i picked it up last month or maybe march. It definitely predates r164.

7. trakilaki

I don't know ... i only got these two and one from Ammon http://drakensangonline.wikia.com/wiki/Court_of_the_Dead

8. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Really, do none of you read the patch notes?

From R162 (not R158, R163 or R164)

It is random, and it has a low chance. I found it after about 30 runs while I was working on farming coins for killing Mortis II back in late March.

9. trakilaki

That apply for ordinary players ... not for me ... check my avatar :p
    I can even make R's going backwards :D

Last edited: May 17, 2016
  10. MegaNuker

Wow how did I ever miss that... Oh wait the focus was on boss portals. Once I read that I left the guide to tell everyone. Guess when I got back I skipped that part since it was with it.

_Baragain_ likes this.
  11. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

So I'll take that as a "No." :p

12. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

Looks like a boring quest to me. Maybe that is why they made it random.

13. trakilaki

Unrewarding as well ... even Mysdosch quests are giving more andermant than this.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
  14. Morinphen

Morinphen Forum Overlooker

If you know, could you (or anyone else able to) answer whether does one have to complete the M1 quest in order to find the M2 one? Just so I know it's no use running to M2 in hopes of finding it until I've done the other one. Thanks!

15. trakilaki

Those are two independent quests now
    1. Lord of the Dead
    2. Time for Retirement

I was doing them both in same time ... that means if M2 is no longer closed you should be able to take it.
    My maps were open before the PW changes ... I can't tell if some requirement is needed to open m2.

Morinphen likes this.
  16. Morinphen

Perfect. Thank you! Then off I go resuming my search for that second one xD.

The maps were the same for me, and I can get to M2 and the boss freely. This is due to the old PW M1/2 quests being done before the revamp, as we all know. Funnily enough, though, I have had "Court of the Dead" completed even though in the old PWs I was too lazy to do the Mortis-killing quest for the RoD... so I have the quest done, even if I never killed Mortis prior to the time I first noticed this in the Compendium (oh, and speaking of it, if someone could shed some light one this, I'd appreciate it greatly :D).

trakilaki likes this.
  17. EhtovK

EhtovK Old Hand

Nope, I completed Q5 with my alt DK a few days ago and I can go all the way to the end of Q6 without any additional quests/requirements, except for the Coins for the Ferryman of course.

I got mine a couple of weeks ago after 5-10 minutes of just re-entering M2, shouldn't take long.

trakilaki likes this.
  18. Morinphen

Got it yesterday after some half-an-hour of searching (I had spent more the day before, but with no luck).
    Well, at least I'm done searching for them xD.

Still don't know what the ones in Lor'Tac that I'm missing according to the Compendium are...

19. bennfros

bennfros Someday Author

I got something new, that quest now is 3 parts but after finished 2/3 I can't find 3rd part quest giver.
    I tried both m1 and m2 on all difficulties but didn't see any exclamation mark.
    Anybody else have the same?
    [​IMG]

20. Morinphen

Nope, there's no Lord of the Dead 3/3 or Court of the Dead 2/2 in the Compendium.
    And I can't remember if I got anything new after completing 2/3 and 1/2, respectively.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.