Feedback Lor'Tac Bound Event

Discussion in 'Discussions on Current Topics' started by teddy.bear, Jul 21, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. teddy.bear

teddy.bear Forum Ambassador

Greetings Heroes,

Please post in this thread your comments regarding the Lor'Tac Bound event.

Positive or negative, constructive criticism and ideas for improvements are, as always, welcomed. Please keep discussions on topic.​

Best regards,
    Your Drakensang Online Team

2. AlexC

AlexC Forum Apprentice

No drops of corrupted andermagic in parallel worlds?

3. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

No only in normal dungeons within level limits and from specific monsters.

4. AlexC

AlexC Forum Apprentice

Ok, thanks!

5. tassadar1977

tassadar1977 Forum Expert

is this event just for gathering frags then? i.e. there is nothing after the first 2 quests?

6. trakilaki

Yes.

7. fds667200

fds667200 Forum Apprentice

The main reward looks like a dragonknight set. Will there be other similar sets for rangers and mages?

8. Leonixis

Leonixis Forum Apprentice

base stats longbow is 68-103 with is about 40lvl item?????

9. zoldorak

zoldorak Forum Apprentice

how take the quets in realm chamber to lor'tac (speak to Chocilatl)

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  10. Novadude

Novadude Commander of the Forum

Does anybody know if this new gear only opens at level 46, or will it open at your level? That is, if I open these chests at level 50, do I get level 50 boots?

I see some value in the boots for pvp at level 50 as I've had mediocre luck with legendary boots. Still using the same crappy extraordinary 2x speed, 1x armor boots.

11. rjrichards

rjrichards Forum Pro

Is this event the one single map only and then repeat?

12. Mindship

Mindship Forum Inhabitant

Just got my first taste of the Lor'Tac event. Nice. (So far.) Since I play solo, I like that this is a solo event. The mobs and bosses seem just right in difficulty (so far); I don't feel like I have to use up all my resources from the get-go. I even got a legendary drop on this initial venture (I'm sure I won't be seeing that again for a while). Also, the event seems very straightforward. Sometimes I just wanna sit down, kill monsters, and not think much about it.

13. morituritesalutamus

morituritesalutamus Forum Apprentice

Event seems a bit slanted to ranged folks, a bias noticeable throughout the game. Lets lump all the mobs together so you have to engage them all together, nice to break. Had two disconnects, anyone else seeing this ?

Talked to Thabo after freeing NPC however the task finished without the step of talking to the queen in Andrakasch as shown during the broadcast last week.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  14. SPARTIN1

SPARTIN1 Forum Greenhorn

I turned in the quest for this event to thabo after finishing, but I didn't get the label 'Harbinger'

15. naskoj

naskoj Forum Greenhorn

I really LIKE this event. yes im solo player and its no problem for me. For less than a 1 hour i farm fragments for 1 box + some items and gems. If you need 2 hours for 225 fragments you do something wrong.

Only thing that i dont like is that i cant see all items stats but its not big deal.

VoulaAek1 likes this.
  16. rjrichards

rjrichards Forum Pro

So all these frags collected must sit in your inventory until the release of Lor'Tac? If so, are we guaranteed if we have the 2025 tablet pieces at that time to get the complete set?

17. trakilaki

No. The rewards from the chests are randomized ... you can get same item many times. That is what TS admins said.

18. Ms.Vengeance

Ms.Vengeance Forum Greenhorn

Question: the event items are pretty hard (expensive) to get.. but how random are the drops? If you have 20 chests what is the likelihood that you wil get lets say full set? Or is it more like 50 chests for whole set? Anyone with previous experience on this 'type' of chest event?

20 chests at 13 fragments per try (x 100 andermant per try) = 34k andermant

--MERGED--

Another two things: the event shows only 4 items. Is it correct that you can only get those 4 pieces during this event (where can I obtain the other 4-5 for full set?).

Second, the event states that the 'corrupt andermangic potions' to enter the rift can be obtained from 'worthy opponents' but so far I have not looted a single one of them. Anyone looted one so far?

Last edited by moderator: Jul 22, 2015
  19. trakilaki

You should play the dungeons at your level. (-+5 levels)

20. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Because these will be "Random," I'd recommend 4050 for SW/SM/RA and 3600 for a DK to be safe... but of course, more is better. My hope is that the items from the chests will scale and if so, then it may be worth it.

Now for a bit of math... because that is my thing.

4050 for a SW/SM/RA (assuming a 15 shards per run average) comes out to 270 runs. That would cost (funny how it works out :p) 4050 of the andermagic thingies. That would be (again, ironically) 225 runs through the normal maps. At 5 Min per normal map run and 3 min per event map run (Reasonable if all you are doing is running), you are looking at 32.25 hours of farming to get there. Spread that out across 22 days, you need to farm about an hour and a half on this event... You have to ask yourself, "Is this worth it for me?"

They regularly just show a sample of what you can get, not all of them. I'm 99.99% sure that the other 4 or 5 items will also be in the boxes.