Lower Levels

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Slitrobo, Dec 17, 2013.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slitrobo

Slitrobo Forum Connoisseur

This idea came to me the other day.

We should be able to lower our levels temporarily for helping newer players clear areas and receive xp in a group. Lowering your level will of course weaken all stats, including item bonuses. After playing my dwarf to level 40 I felt like there weren’t as many people to play with nowadays as there were when I started out. Most of the characters I was leveling with were also dwarves, probably doing the same thing as me for the same reasons. This obviously benefits new players, but also old players who need fresh recruits to do end game content with.

Proposal: You join a group and have the choice in the group window to set your level to the same as someone else in that group if you are in a dungeon. If you leave the group then your real level returns. If you try to change the setting then all mob health should reset to prevent people from exploiting.

This should be purely for helping lower level players so there should be no need for bonus drops, xp, or anything for the one helping.

2. Geobli

Geobli Advanced

That's so complicated that a developer not even consider this as an idea.

1. How this will work for items? If you are a 45lvl with 45lvl items and you lower you lvl, the script that "says" if you are lower lvl from the lvl a item requires to equip, will make the item red and not useful for your character. So new script needed.

2. How the exp will work and drops that are given from worthy opponents? New script.

3. If you are in group and lower your lvl, you can join low level PvP? New script here too, to avoid that.

4. What if you enter with a 45 lvl 5 men group and lower your lvl, just to make things easier? Script.

5. Etc...

That idea needs a entirely new "game". I'm almost sure they can't even made that. Jumping levels Up and Down, never saw such thing in any RPG. And the most important reason, this idea is not good in any finacial way for BP, so why to waste such time making something so complicated that will give no "reward" for their effort. :)

3. Slitrobo

1. The basics are already there in the upgrade system.
    2. No changes need to be made for drop rates or xp since this for helping, not farming.
    3. This should only work in a dungeon. Anywhere else and the debuff is gone.
    4. Why would you even do that?
    5. It's commonly called level scaling and is a part of several MMOs but we're not allowed to discuss other games.

BP doesn't only do things for money. How did they make money from the new event quest tab? If hey want to make it something to profit from then give it to premium holders.

4. Geobli

Geobli Advanced

Well you think is easy but it's not, did you see how many bugs the game has when they introduced the new Parallels with scaling lvls? and was soo simple if you think like that, they where thinking that the event's script copy/paste would work, but didn't. So they made a new one and changed it few times. "No changes" and "basics", easy to say, but very hard to make that work correctly. You are talking about new kind of gameplay and you compare that with "event quest tab"? "Event quest tab" is just a visual thing, this change need 1 man and 10 minutes to do it. When your idea need a group of developers for a loooong time, working and making something completely new and testing it for no issues, because this thing will have many issues.

5. Slitrobo

I didn't say it would be easy but nothing is when you are designing a game.

Gameplay doesn't change. Only the stats of your character change and would appear as a debuff.

The math for upgrading items has been figured by DSO already. In this case, you flip it backwards. The only changes are your stats so the person you are helping can earn xp.

6. dragons

dragons Active Author

The idea is complicated, need alot of time to balance.

7. Brian1919

Brian1919 Junior Expert

So would that mean our OP level 45's could use the same equipment and go down to the lower levels for pvp? Cause I can't see anyone having problems with that at all.

Amend and MikeyMetro like this.
  8. _Dragonscale_

_Dragonscale_ Advanced

I was also thinking about this. It is good idea, but it could make problems. Some other games, like Rift, have this also (there it is called Mentoring).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.