Suggestion LVL 45 PvP Talents

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by lewcar, Jan 14, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lewcar

lewcar Padavan

Since it's been about 3 years since a new addition to the Fame tree, thought I'd throw some ideas out there.
    With many complaints about imbalance and mis-matching etc., I know a lot of people, perhaps Devs included, would be averse to the notion of adding a new talent at this stage.

But if you look at it from a different perspective, perhaps it's an opportunity to re-balance end-game, high level PvP instead, or at least take a step in the right direction.

Obviously it would take a large amount of Honor points to achieve, but with literally thousands of players at level 40 fame now and more every day, there needs to be at least something fresh to look forward to.. and more incentive to play this heavily PvP-oriented game.
    Anyways here's a few ideas;

Dragonknight
    -When damaged below 20% of total life, a dragon spirit is summoned (A.I something like past event DK bosses e.g. can stun and use various DK skills). Needs cool-down ofc.

- Furious Battle Cry creates a 1m (or 2?) aura that causes fire damage equal to 30% the players base damage per second over the duration of the effect.

- Charge skill has cool-down removed, however can no longer stun or deal damage. (note, need rework of Experience tree talent)
    --------------------------------------
    Ranger
    - Activating Adrenaline skill will heal the player 5% of their total health over the duration of the effect (i.e. 1% total liferecovery every second for 5 seconds).

- Hunting Arrow no longer slows down marked opponents, however they will suffer poison damage equal to 10%(or 20?) of the players base damage every second whilst marked (note, lvl 10 experience talents may need reworking).

- Adrenaline effect will increase resistance and armour by 30% and give immunity to negative effects (e.g ice, hunting arrow)

-Net reduces opponents armour by 30% while under the stun effect.
    ------------------------------------
    Spellweaver
    - Mind Controlling an Opponent will force their next hit to heal the caster by 80% of the damage dealt.

- Mind Control now allows the player 2 seconds of skill execution without cool-down.

- Summoned Watchmen can follow other players and slow them (similar to current ranger Tree) and are also immune to stun and negative effects.
    -
    ---------------------------------------
    Steam Mech.
    - Iron Dwarf mode increases armour and resistance by 50%.

- C14 Micro rocket fitted with 'homing device' (similar to drones by Destructor)
    - Faster rocket travel speed - (Jettemee)

-The Dwarf-in-the-Box when summoned creates a wall/physical barrier (bringing the old skill back lol)
    -

Please offer your own suggestions and/or feedback, these are just some spur-of-the-moment thoughts I devised, and hopefully there can be some progression on the subject :]
    Thanks

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
    Jettemee and Darwarren like this.
  2. Jettemee

Jettemee Junior Expert

Some great ideas, but honestly I think the first suggestions for ranger and spellweaver are too OP. I don't think anyone would like the idea of rangers healing for total or 20% HP or speallweavers getting nearly all their HP back in possible scenarios. Dragonknight skills look interesting and feasible. Ranger and spellweaver seems ok except the first suggestions, already so many think rangers are the strongest class (which is debatable) so healing would have to be heavily reduced. The only suggestions that seemed weak are steam mech, the reason being are as follows:

Steam Suggestion #1: Iron Dwarf only lasts 15 seconds so I'd rather see an enhancement passively rather than relying on the activation of Iron Dwarf. Remember this is a possible level 45 skill on fame tree we're talking about and will requires a lot of honor points.

Steam Suggestion #2: The problem with C14 Micro Rockets are that they are too freaking slow (I know it's AoE type but still). So maybe in addition to homing device, maybe the rockets will travel 200% faster to make it an actual useful skill.

Steam Suggestion #3: I honestly didn't know that Dwarf-in-the-Box used to have a barrier, after all I'm a newer player compared to the veterans here. Anyway, this again relies on the activation of a skill so it would need to be much more than just offering a barrier. Maybe a huge (3-4M) barrier with 1/2 of user's HP (according to wikia, it has no HP and can be destroyed if hit). I could see this being used in 5v5 where it partially blocks the opposing team's DK or SM, or just a nice barrier to hide behind.

Anyway, nice job coming up with possible new PvP skills.

Darwarren likes this.
  3. lewcar

lewcar Padavan

Thanks for the feedback.
    Definitely agree with you on the Steam Mech ideas (the rocket is even slower than net stun when casting at distance lol).
    The dwarf-in-the-box never had a barrier, rather the barrier was a separate skill in itself when the class was first released. They have since replaced the barrier summon with a healing ability (which costs 20steam to heal 5%, or something similar).
    The barrier from memory could take a few hits, but was generally considered to give too great an advantage as they could cast multiple times and have several standing at once. I believe with some tweaking they could bring it back in a way that's effective yet balanced.

Regarding the adrenaline-heal I suppose it is quite OP since Rangers have the ability to activate adrenaline 3 times in a minute, meaning a heal of potentially 2-3k life/minute. Perhaps 5% of total life over 5seconds would be more acceptable :)

4. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

The expansion of the fame tree is long over-due.

It should not be too hard for the developers to come up with some skills that give all classes the same effective increase in talents. I would prefer 20%+, but any new toys would be nice. Some change-up in PvP play would be nice too.

5. Jettemee

Jettemee Junior Expert

In my mind, I'm thinking OP OP OP... but I guess it only make since to have such OP skills for lvl 45 as this will require so much honor to achieve. The more I think about all you have suggested, it's sorta good except for some (mostly Steam Mech and a couple DK).

SW:
    I definitely think it's about time SW's get a healing ability, but would rather it come from level 50 skill on experience tree instead of through a PvP skill. Anyhow "Mind Controlling an Opponent will force their next hit to heal the caster by 80% of the damage dealt." is a really good concept, but should last 4 seconds in PvE and 2 seconds for PvP or something of the like. If I was a SW, I wouldn't want to use MC only to have my opponent purposely use a dinky damage skill. This is lvl 45 PvP skill and it needs to be OP if that's gonna be the theme here; which I can totally accept.

"
    Summoned Watchmen can follow other players and slow them (similar to current ranger Tree) and are also immune to stun and negative effects." On the experience tree, there is a skill called "Mighty Guardian" that already offers immunity to stuns and slowing effects. So instead of repeating that here (I'm guessing you weren't aware of that), maybe the cooldown for Watchman can be reduced by 20% (effectively 6 seconds shaved off) or the duration can be 5 seconds longer (which would match the length of wolves/wood wraith).

##My own Suggestion
    This may sound insane, but I've thought about this in the past. Since SWs have an affinity with the elements and are a natural glass cannon (in general), they should have an invisible aura that reduces and reflects back to opponent any elemental damage done to them by 20%. This would directly stack with the player's resistance. So if the player had something like 1600 resist for 40% elemental reduction, the PvP skill would stack for a total of 60% resist, and not be calculated in the resistance value equation resulting in lower resist rate. However, if a SW with the ability cast elemental damage to another SW with this ability, the caster can not reduce nor reflect damage back.

RA:
    "Activating Adrenaline skill will heal the player 5% of their total health over the duration of the effect (i.e. 1% total life recovery every second for 5 seconds)." I'm thinking you may have nerfed this one a tad too much. It would be cool if in addition to HP recovery, this ability would enable 5% concentration regeneration for 5 seconds after the initial 5 seconds of activating adrenaline. This wouldn't allow us to squeeze in another Precision Shot but would for us to keep shooting concentration hungry Hunting Arrows.

"
    Net reduces opponents armour by 30% while under the stun effect." This would be nice to have in PvE (yay armor break), but is sorta useless in PvP with the stun breakers and the fact that nets are hard to land on a moving target. So my two cents would be to add faster casting time by 0.5 seconds. That would make all the difference to me. And shouldn't it also include reduction of resistance values (for SWs to utilize this ability)?

##My own Suggestion
    I'm jealous that SWs and DKs can build up mana and rage respectively. The only thing we can do is wait for Adrenaline or use Deadly Blow, in hopes to kill target, which is not always the preferred choice in a some scenarios. Pfff, Steams really need something for faster regen as well. Anyway, I was thinking each successful shot that deals direct damage of any skill (not Thicket's explosion or damage over time skills) will regenerate 2 concentration points to the user. The faster your attack speed, the faster your concentration regenerates. This may sound OP but I'm often standing in PvP waiting for my concentration to build up but this skill would alleviate that problem. In PvE maps, I'm spamming Deadly Blow about 40% of the time so this would greatly be appreciated.

DK:
    "Furious Battle Cry creates a 1m (or 2?) aura that causes fire damage equal to 30% the players base damage per second over the duration of the effect." The radius seems a little too small and I'm suggesting it should be 4M minimum up to 6M max. To be honest, I'm not really sure if this skill would be feasible for PvP. Most of the time, DKs are trying catch up to their opponent so this aura burning effect would be rendered useless for at least the first few seconds.

lewcar, fourtwenty68 and MANOJ like this.
  6. fourtwenty68

fourtwenty68 Board Analyst

me too,i suggested this somewhere,cant find it lol,or make a healer buffer class.

7. lewcar

lewcar Padavan

Would definitely like to see a talent that can at least remove the concentration cost of Hunting arrow. Since the other classes basic attacks either cost nothing or build it up lol.

Jettemee likes this.
  8. Jettemee

Jettemee Junior Expert

Well you gotta admit Hunting Arrow is somewhat worth the 4 concentration in PvP at least due to the ridiculous 30% (40% if modded) slowing effect. Honestly, I would like to see this skill's concentration cost down to 3 (and maybe make Deadly Blow cost 1?). And of course the PvP skill that allows for building up concentration or something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.