Making that new group display thingy a bit more useful...

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by silverseas, Jan 3, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

The opaque new group display on the right side of the screen bugs me every time I see it, so I thought of a few ways to make it more useful.

Get rid of the opaque background or make it more translucent. I already have a whole bunch of other things (those damn equipment notifications every single time I pick up a pair of gloves!! >.<) covering my screen, I really don't need more.

Add in our resource bars back in. I have a good chunk more than 100 mana, and trying to stare at the blue mana orb in the bottom right corner of my screen while shooting monsters and dodging incoming damage is... a bit tricky.

And I know people have been asking for a way to see what ess people use for a very long time. Why not make use of that level orb thingy background change colors depending on the ess being used to the corresponding color, and it can just be the color it is when no ess is equipped.

[​IMG]
    Yes, those thingies the arrows are pointing at.

Armando, Durian-might and misterbean like this.
  2. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Because the devs have removed that on purpose ... long time ago we were able to see if the players are using essences or not.
    As for the group display ... it is one of the ugliest and most useless things made in this game. It is bigger than before ... yet it doesn't show the mana/rage/concentration/steam bars. I know it can be removed ... but no ... we need it and we need to see not only the player's HP bar but conc/rage/mana/steam bar too.
    The other thing is this display is interfering the the player's gameplay ... just like those small icons above the skill bar. Place your cursor over them and your toon is stopping any action ... and usually get killed.

Armando, misterbean and Darwarren like this.
  3. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

The art department is one of the few things DSO does well.
    Unfortunately, that doesn't mean it can carry the entire show.
    Art can not compensate for flawed, careless, or broken anything. A pretty corpse is still dead.

4. misterbean

misterbean Padavan

Really? :O and why would they remove such a useful feature? It would be very easy to add that back and so useful for the players to see who is using what essence

5. trakilaki

Yes but they won't ... they don't want to decrease their income by exposing the players who are buying % essences.

Darwarren likes this.
  6. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

It's counter-intuitive.
    Cash is only a dirty word to those who don't use it. It's just another asset to a team power build.
    I'd much rather take on Balor with a team packing red essences, than a crew going naked or with greens.

7. jyffilyg69

jyffilyg69 Forum Greenhorn

when was that? I'm playing since open beta and don't recall.

8. Troneck86

Troneck86 Forum Great Master

Your attacks used to have a different animation when you had blue+ essence equipped. For instance, the Ranger's precision shot was a bit larger and had more color. It was quite a while ago, though.

9. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

I'm all for seeing who is using what ess, but that won't tell me if the player using it is packing the necessary dmg or knows how to attack.

It takes experience running with people to know if they are worth teaming up with regardless of what ess they are using.

10. trakilaki

There was a plenty info in the old forums ... which were deleted without leaving any trace of existence.
    Just like everything in this stupid game ...

11. .oligark.

.oligark. Forum Apprentice

The old system for displaying ess did not differentiate between blue, purple , or orange types. Crazyrabby posted this video.

12. trakilaki

Of course ... that is why I said

13. Armando

Armando Forum Connoisseur

I also vote in favor of making the group display translucent and showing the resource bar again.
    Instead of essence colour dots, i would rather have colours corresponding to differently coloured player dots on the minimap.

misterbean and Troneck86 like this.
  14. Darwarren

Darwarren Count Count

Rich information helps the players. The better the information we have, the better the decisions we make, the more fun we have.
    It even gives players the illusion that BigPoint wants us to succeed, and come back for more.

misterbean and Troneck86 like this.
  15. MegaNuker

MegaNuker Forum Ambassador

Correct me if I am wrong but essence was for each skill correct. If I remember correctly you had bars on the HUD for your essence and then they changed the essence bars into rage and mana bars. At that time they changed essence to the way we have it now. I think 300% was later but then again keeping track of all the changes are hard to do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.