Missing Chests In The Great Desert & Other Areas

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by adidasos, Mar 23, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. adidasos

adidasos Forum Apprentice

The free to open and the requires lock picks to open chests are missing from the great desert and other areas. I want these chests back. The great desert is probably my favorite farming area, and the chests not being there any more to me represents all the many bad choices and decisions you have made regarding this game. You either screwed up and removed them through a mistake, proving your coders aren't doing a very good job, or you made the terrible decision to purposefully remove them and make the game less enjoyable for the player. Either way I want them to come back ASAP.

2. dkarl

dkarl Forum Duke

For true dungeons, you simply kill an unspecified % of the total mobs on the map (fairly low, ~10%, not the 80%-100% when CE first hit the live servers) for the locked chests to spawn.

Great Desert never had locked chests, just the free-to-open lost treasures, which yielded not that much to begin with. I'm actually ok with the chests to have disappeared from the Great Desert, as it's a hybrid map ... essentially a solo wilderness map, not a dungeon. Neither kind of chest shows up in Twilight Downs or any of the other shared wilderness locations.

3. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

Actually, Great Desert used to have locked chests. It's how people got level 140 equipment EZ PZ as soon as they hit the level cap.

4. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

Which is why they made the change 2 weeks after CE to make the chests appear after killing 80%+ of the mobs. That was a mistake. Much better as it is now.

But people must remember that this game requires much higher level equipment than the level your trying to farm once you get to level cap and doing the "higher" difficulties. Painful needed Fatal stuff, Fatal needed Infernal 2 (or Merciless now), etc.

5. cigarbennett

cigarbennett Board Analyst

Oh no the chests are missing. wow!

6. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

There is one good thing about no chests in Great Desert..... now there is no reason to "reset" the map.
    If you have a smelter and the peddler, go in on Bloodshed and farm till your fingers fall off for 10 infernal passages.