Feedback More infernals

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by ΣMiwel, Mar 13, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

Do you want more infernals than we have?

1. Yes, a bunch of them (inf5, inf6 and inf7 or even more)

14 vote(s)
    21.5%
  2. Yes, but only one (inf5 only)

12 vote(s)
    18.5%
  3. No

39 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

As we have seen in the last live stream, the devs are planning to add a couple new infernal modes. They say that it is to "give people something new to do"... how is it going to work though?

That's not anything new to do. That's making us redo the exact same thing over again.

Is it better for a few people to leave who "have nothing to do" or for hundreds of people to leave who are being forced to regrind their equipment before they finish it?
    Or maybe you could just add something to satisfy both? Some infinite dungeon or something?
    This is too complicated to make? Ok. If those people are satisfied by grinding the same thing all over again a few times, give them something like this:
    1. There would spawn a skeleton with bilions of hp on any map if you tick a special setting when entering.
    2. If you kill him, he drops nothing, but there are his bones with bilions of hp all around.
    3. If you kill those bones, they drop nothing, but there spawns lots of some sort of dust with bilions of hp.
    4. If you kill the dust, you have to protect the dust from being eaten by the skeleton's minions. If it is eaten, the skeleton respawns and you have to start over.
    5. You have to keep protecting the dust for 24 hours. If you leave the map or disconnect, you will have to do the whole thing all over.
    6. If you bear with it for the whole time, you get a title: All-day skeleton killer. Then, you can start over, but now you have to keep protecting the dust for 48 hours. Then, you get a 2-day skeleton killer title. The titles would work like PvP rank - they would replace each other when obtained - and they should be generating indefinetly. Yes, this means that those people who lack anything to do could obtain a 1000-day skeleton killer title or even higher if they are really dedicated!
    Isn't this amazing? You wouldn't have to do a single thing for those people anymore and you could focus on implementing actually useful features. Well, you could periodically increase the hp of those skeletons for balancing purposes.

michalog, -VIVERO-, sheldonq and 2 others like this.
  2. Hiro73

Hiro73 Forum Expert

My vote is in favor of infernal 5 6 7, the reason is because I currently think I can play in inf5 without problems. With a team of 5 characters with 70k damage and hp potions every 1 sec every enemy in inf5 will be devastated. This is my thought, not yours.
    The important thing in life is to always have a choice, if I can't play in inf7 then I try inf6.
    PS I hope that inf7 is feasible only with red essences because they currently don't make sense.
    The boss will never give problems because we now have thousands of soul stones that resurrect us at no cost. The problem would arise if the resurrection system in the boss's rooms would be like that found in D3, which I consider excellent. (stone + 5 second summoning).
    Sorry for my eng.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
  3. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

Well, you forgot that those modes are coming with new tiers, so you (as long as you're one of the heavy grinders and you probably are) will be wrecking inf7 exactly like you're doing with inf4 right now in no time. Tier up your weapon and adornment, + a few def items if you are a DK or mage, and you're almost back to what you've been doing before. Meanwhile, those who still haven't finished their builds (and I don't mean not being full 4/4 100% platinum crafted) are having their efforts scrapped without giving any new content to play, just forcing them to replay the old one.

The new infernals could only be OKish if they came with no new tiers.

_G_R_A_M_P_S_ and sargon234 like this.
  4. westernranger

westernranger Someday Author

XDDDD
    dude, do you even know that bosses hp is capped on 100 mio right now? XDDD and when they will add new infernals this would mean that even inf3-4 bosses become harder XDDD (cuz obviously they will have to increase hp limit)
    like solo inf3-4 boss have same hp as in full group (inf1 boss in full group have 100 mio hp as well), and now imagine boss hp on inf4 become... 6 times bigger. Also they add more infernals with way higher hp XD sure, everyone will like that XD!

And btw new difficulties would lead us to
    - full random teams with a bunch of noobs become slower on boss -> promoting solo play again,
    - build rework (like you need to think of getting 38.4k crit rate and at the same time dont lose much damage/attack speed, also legendary JoR requires new crafts (hp ring, decreased attack speed on cape/gloves)),
    - farming ingredients for every gem to pink and then to legendary (while most ppl dont even have all royals on green cuz we have event after event and there is literally no time to farm smth like that),
    - influence on pvp both official and unofficial (yeah I will count that on cuz pvp update is nowhere near, and even if you dont think of pvp, it exists).

Wow, this is exactly what everyone needs! Thank you very much.

Cant wait for inf7 elite on PW with hp of current inf4 boss XDDD

-VIVERO- and _G_R_A_M_P_S_ like this.
  5. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

It's almost like all of those who ask for more difficulty are in reality BP shills looking to give BP a reason to make boss fights more boring and make higher difficulties pay2win only.

-VIVERO- likes this.
  6. EmilyRose

EmilyRose Forum Commissioner

the developers think that all we need is an ossessive compulsive farm.
    If we will survive to this insane mode, the game will survive with us.

-VIVERO- and gbit like this.
  7. gbit

gbit Forum General

As always, you are a light in the dark Emily :D.

-VIVERO- likes this.
  8. Maistas

Maistas Forum Apprentice

Wouldn't it be better to open new dungeon which would be way harder to do for those who completed everything already?
    For example: new Q dungeon where you can't revive and have to start over in that case. Giving more difficulty modes is not the same as creating new content, I get it it's easier but it doesn't really add anything to the game.
    Those who have already crafted all of their gear probably also have farmed millions of materi fragments(for augment cores) and will upgrade the items as soon as possible and after that it's just the same for them.

Now if someone would add new features to the game, something to engage guild game play, maybe even dungeons for the entire guilds to play in. Or some guild vs guild combat it would make it way more interesting imo. Also I remember some talks about guild houses. Imagine farming my previously mentioned guild boss dungeon to get some stuff for your guild house...

DBS-Flamelurker likes this.
  9. elitecrew1031

elitecrew1031 Regular

I can already feel the Q 1-∞ INF 150 fast farm slot for min 1500k dmg no noobs op team

10. kankerkanker2

kankerkanker2 Forum Apprentice

What is even the point in adding more infernals? Players, especially newer players aee gonna be thinking "*** am i supposed to do in this game" there are 10 modes that you can play imho this is the WORST idea i have ever seen from this game's developers. At most add 1 extra infernal mode. Why is there no new content? New gem upgrades and rune tiers would be totally fine for me. infinite dungeons, guils wars, guild houses, Raid bosses. these ideas could all be so much fun! If they are implemented in the right way by the devs... sadly just hearing this shit about new infernals has made me lose the last bit of trust i had in them entirely. It's just that i can't form a REAL opinion yet because maybe they can actually pull this off in the right way but...it will make the game so much more chaotic and unbalanced then it already is. ANYTHING would be better then 3 new infernals.

11. kuwabaraz

kuwabaraz Forum Duke

What you propose is similar to other games, but here the game is dying!

There are users who literally have everything!

Perhaps the only way to give the game some oxygen is the one proposed, infernals 5-7!

The only thing wrong is the current mechanics of the garments and I hope they give a nice solution!

12. wavi

wavi Junior Expert

hopefully the new infernal and a level 60 arrive, and also more difficulty in the events (too easy)

13. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

I was wrong. You guys don't even need the skeleton I proposed in the original post.

Just add a cat to click on. Every 1000x^3 clicks one level. (1k clicks for lvl1, 8k clicks for lvl2, 27k clicks for lvl3, etc.) You earn some coins for clicking and you can buy a double click upgrade and so on, preferably you get about one additional click every level. This way every level gets harder and you get a sense of achievement. That's simply amazing! Now you can leave us alone and let us play a game.

Marcelosmbr likes this.
  14. sargon234

Haven't you learned something from the past?When you ask for more difficulty, what you're gonna get is more boredom, because they'll simply increase the time to farm and to kill the bosses.

It is for end game players and so what? That's actually the point of becoming an end game player, you become stronger so that you can overcome any foe through brute strenght.

We already know that they don't know what actual, real difficulty means, why are you asking to handicap yourself and others?
    This isn't going to more real difficulty, this is going to lead to an even more boring game.

And while we're at it, the game needs more content, not more recicled trash: it needs maps that are actually randomized, with randomized challenges,ecc.
    This is what the parallel words should have been, at least.

Marcelosmbr, ΣMiwel and TwiliShadow like this.
  15. _G_R_A_M_P_S_

_G_R_A_M_P_S_ Old Hand

I was under the impression we already had that with all the identifying and selling. Oh well, what difference does it make to double the amount XD

exactly!

And of top of that more storyline, twists, betrayals, every event the story of that event should evolve, much more quests in those events, hell make an event for once where the only to progress is to finish the story/questline (50 or even 100 quests for a 25day event). Game of thrones twists. Or make the fate/status of an urban area depend on how well we play an event. Actually defend a city properly as a community, otherwise it ll become a wilderniss area for 3 months XD

Oh well, hundreds if not thousands of good ideas have been shared here on the forum, but all they come up with is... more infernal modes :S

16. sargon234

The storyline is not an important stuff here, this is not a really big IP with a lore behind it.

17. Dzungla

Dzungla Forum Expert

As long as all storylines *(quests,events) and maps themselves are static - every difficulty lvl rise will result with NOT permanent improvement!

18. sargon234

But the storylines serves to make a background and that's that, maps should be randomized and dynamic.

19. Dzungla

Dzungla Forum Expert

What if ...

Imagine scenario where if you have 2 portals on q3 for example, if you choose portal A which appeared on m1 -you get one quest .. then when you continue that path ... again some options appears somewhere and all of that at the end result with different types of boss's drop of unique items def/off ... smt like that is what I meant with dynamic storylines.

20. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

That would still get boring quickly as long as there are 2 options only per Q.

Procedurally generated maps are the only way I see to make this game rise up. Other stuff can of course be added and would be nice, but can't provide that much playable content. Of course, if we had more build possibilities AND actually easier rebuilding (more consistent crafting), that could also be something... but, alas, as it is, many people disagree with that (including you), so that's why the only solution I see are the infinite, semi-randomly generated (procedurally generated actually) dungeons. Most players would like that I think, and it could be combined with some puzzles and other things.

Man... I took a look at a few graphical glitches today. When I saw what the engine of this game is capable of... They could literally add tons of new skills, even new classes, with moderate amounts of work. If they started working on a massive update with lots of new playable content (preferably procedurally generated, as said above) and new skills/classes (preferably with the subclass system I and a few other people are talking abotu since a time) - and of course if they were to do it in the end - I bet most players would bear with recycled events etc. for half a year just to have that then.

They're Germans. Germans are known for being organised and efficient workers. Has it changed? Why is everything taking so long for them? What are they doing? "Seeking inspiration" in other games for 3/4 of a workday and working only for 1/4? With them working 8 hours every day (heck it, even 7 hours), this game should have been in the sky. Meanwhile, all we're getting are new modes of old maps that add actually nothing... just... I see another quit wave soon...

Marcelosmbr, sheldonq and JohnWick like this.