Suggestion Mortis' Rapid Death (Q6 Set)

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Hetsunien, Jul 6, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hetsunien

Hetsunien Padavan

Hello, guys! Since I'm tired of waiting for a new Mortis' set, I created one and I'd like to know your thoughts about it. The idea is simple: Helmet and Necklace. In the old times these 2 items were different for each class and so the bonus they used to give, moving between Resources, Damage, Health, Critical Hit Rate and Attack Speed.

I tried to homogenize all those elements into the actual recipe for Parallel World's sets in a way that no class would benefit more than other while using this. Of course, they will be scalable but I will only write down the Infernal III option.

DRAGON KNIGHT
    Helmet of Death

+ 52-66 Damage
    + 1532-1716 Health points
    + 1248-1584 Armor

11,0-14,7% increased damage
    11,0-14,7% health points

10% rage points
    5% faster attack speed
    Seal of Death

+ 52-66 Damage
    + 1532-1716 Health points
    + 624-792 all resistances values

33,0-44,0% increased health points on this item
    11,0-14,7% health points

10% damage
    5% faster attack speed
    SPELLWEAVER / STEAM MECHANICUS
    Cap of Death / Horror Mask

+ 52-66 Damage
    + 1040-1320 Health points
    + 1248-1584 Armor

11,0-14,7% health points

10% mana/steam points
    5% faster attack speed
    Amulet of Death / Seal of Death

+ 52-66 Damage
    + 1040-1320 Health points

11,0-14,7% health points

10% damage
    5% faster attack speed
    RANGER
    Mask of Death

+ 52-66 Damage
    + 1144-1452 Health points
    + 1248-1584 Armor

11,0-14,7% health points

10% concentration points
    5% faster attack speed
    Chain of Death

+ 52-66 Damage
    + 1144-1452 Health points

11,0-14,7% health points

10% damage
    5% faster attack speed

Mortis' Rapid Death Set Bonus:
    (2) + 55 damage (level dependent)
    (2) + 10% all resistances values
    (2) Each enemy defeated generates "
    Rapid Death" buff for 6 seconds.
    This effect can stack up to 20 times.
    (2) + 1.5% damage per stack.
    (2) + 0.75% critical impact per stack.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
    Prutass, Iselda and Akageshi like this.
  2. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

All stats are same for all classes ... except HP.
    Health Points:
    SW=SM
    RA=SWx1.1
    DK=SWx1.3

Hetsunien likes this.
  3. Akageshi

Akageshi Forum Duke

I think q6 is quite special among pw dungeons. Your Rapid Death idea is good, but I would like to see something really unique on top of that here. Like imagine something like:
    'If you stack rapid death to the fullest, each killed enemy gets their soul ripped out of them. Those will then explode causing physical damage to all nearby enemies, much like the death knights hurt you with their explosions after their death'.

Integrity and Hetsunien like this.
  4. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

If Mortis himself had such a "rapid death" mechanism, we would all be screwed already! Wait... would we?
    Even if we were able to kill every next mob of a horde in 6 seconds, and with a horde big enough hit the full buff, after 20 mobs we would have almost nothing left to do there and have to move on. The buff would run out very often before we can make use out of this. And it would be completly useless on bosses. Like @Akageshi already said, we would expect far more from a Mortis' set. And the unique values kinda don't fit. In every PW set, one item has an exceptionally interesing unique value (eg. improved skill like q4 or a special power like q9)and the other one has just state-buffs.
    As well, every set's unique power has something to do with what boss himself can do (that's what I'm referencing in the first line of my post). Grimmag uses a fiery destruction and his skills leave flames behind - and so does player with q1 set. Arachna summons little spiders. Heredur is a defensive boss and his skills are frost-based - his set either makes a frosty skill defensive (for SW) or the other way around. Bearach's lightning, bees, bleeding effects... Khalys' clones... Herald's meteors... Sigrismar's lightning and triple icy missles... M'Edusa's AoEs... Literally, everything a PW set does is always connected - this way or another - to the powers of the boss himself. I firmly believe this should be the case with the q6 set too.

Akageshi likes this.
  5. Hetsunien

Hetsunien Padavan

I was thinking this too, and came to an idea of making a 3 pieces set including the old Sea of Bones weapon (Silence, Tiamat, etc) and this weapon would have the ability modifier (Mighty wild swing, hunting trap, Jack in the box, and a special Ice Guardian). All of them covering in frost enemies and leaving a special Ice damage over time. I was thinking in ice, since Mortis' special ability is a Silence based one and Silence Enemies is very complicated because they have not, excluding bosses, special abilities.

But then I realized it only would cause more problems than benefits and discussions about what class has the better ability, so I turned down my emotions.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
  6. meurerplay

meurerplay Someday Author

i liked

7. Iselda

Iselda Advanced

I find this suggestion interesting and if implemented, I'd give that items a try ;)

meurerplay likes this.
  8. OrochimaruSama

OrochimaruSama Someday Author

I do not think the bonuses are good enough for an implementation, if you think about it, when using such a helmet you would be removing the helm of dragan, so to keep the buff would have to give up the q7 and I do not think the suggestion is good enough to replace any of the two sets, would be just another set that no one would use except for beginners.
    My thinking on the q6 set is that it would be BP's last chance to take out the dragan / q7 hegemony, how so? for example I play dwarf, q7 + q8 is OP in the pve because besides the damage buff the missile is the only skill that really has reduction of useful recharge time and dwarf became based on it, so if there was a new set that for example when using the shrapnel shot the red tower is buffed in some way, since the set mortis by origin is offensive, could give new chances to users of the blood rune weapon.
    Similarly to rangers, for those who know a certain moba, there is a champion named ashe, I think it would be very interesting for example the concentration skill to provide a kind of frenzy in the ranger's basic attack by firing a volley of arrows (similar to the magician's ice-bullets ) with increased damage, armor penetration and costing a reasonable amount of concentration of about 3-5 per shot.
    I do not know other classes
    I believe that the set should be something that will compete and modify the hegemony of existing sets, if it is to create something that no one will use better to spend time on more important things.

9. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Let me rephrase it:
    "I don't think i like the set"
    ^ That is what you meant :D
    Who cares about dragan set and q7 combination? Not me.
    The set would probably give weapon damage like the Dragan's rageful set does and it could be 10% instead of 6%.
    In that case 1H players could actually use it while the 2H players bound to Rageful Set+ Q7 set would have to choose.
    You can't have them all you get some and you lose some.

Hetsunien likes this.
  10. OrochimaruSama

OrochimaruSama Someday Author

Well I'm not thinking of me anyway would be great something of the kind for my compilation 1 hand set cube that is almost ready, but trakilaki think well you think all players are like you and can craft anything who wants? I mean, it takes me about 3 months to craft something decent, and we have to be realistic, almost no middle or new player, much less old players would think about maybe spending his time, gold, and resources to craft something just because he likes it or because he thinks it's fun , and we know that at the end of the game you usually use an item just after you craft it, we have to be realistic, you may not care about q7 + dragan but in the end this is the more certain choice that you will not be wasting all the its time spent to craft.

I forgot to also tell you to read my post, that you probably only read the beginning, where I even gave suggestions so that it would provide buffs so that other weapons could compete with q7 + dragan First read, then accuse people, being arrogant is never a good thing, and I would not have wasted my time thinking of suggestions if I did not like the set.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2018
    blamenopaidi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.