Movement skill + collision issue

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by silverseas, Dec 22, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

I am speaking specifically of Frost Charge, which is a reskinned version of the code for DK's Charge. There appears to be two factors at play:
    • If I aim the skill at its maximum length and
    • If there is a target occupying the exact same space in which you are targeting, but you're not allowed to occupy the same space
    The combination of these two results in rubberbanding that cancels out the entire skill.

Take a look at the video below that illustrates this.

Please fix this bug as the healing component of Frost Charge also does not work when this occurs, which is a death sentence in some situations.

gbit likes this.
  2. gbit

gbit Forum General

Welcome in DK's world ahahah ahahah
    :D:D
    I hope they'll listen to the 1000th report of this bug.

3. Nostalgiac

Nostalgiac Advanced

If you think this will get fixed at all, just remember how long DK's have this exact same bug (not really a bug, just lazy programming I guess), and still not fixed... how many years :)

My suggetion to the devs would be implementing something akin to jump, where the character gets "pushed" into nearest free spot if the landing is occupied. If there is no free spot available around the area, the game would simply not permit to use the skill.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
  4. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

One can always hope.

Actually, if they wanted a "lazy" fix, they can remove their lovely collision feature altogether. I mean, we do not have it in urban areas, which is why we can all crowd around an NPC without crashing into each other. They should just do the same for PvE.

Other issues collision removal would fix:
    • The first player into a map gets the right spawn location. Everyone else gets hurled 10 steps forward into the mobs to be eaten alive.
    • DKs using Agathon's Guard, Rangers using Wolves, SWs using Guardian, SM using turrets = all annoying trip hazards in combat.

5. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

Bonus on secret lairs: next person is warped to another instance.

Copy-pasted skill behaviour is all around in this game. DK, ranger and mage have virtually the same skill with slightly different pacing and dealt effects (and graphics), even the bugs are the same. Many other skills are copy-pasted like that. There would be nothing wrong with it... as long as they actually did it correctly.

6. psywarg

psywarg Forum Apprentice

+1, this game has weird rubber-banding issues when certain skills are used in crowd.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
  7. DamarèRo

DamarèRo Padavan

The rangers have the same bug on blade dance(that spinning skill) we spin spin and ohh we go back from where we use the skill...