Movement speed

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by slapyermammy, May 7, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. slapyermammy

slapyermammy Forum Apprentice

I was just wondering .... I have played many areas where other players run past me at warp speed while I look like an old man with a walker. I have tried upgrading and using rhodolite gems but that helps very little. Since I tend to use items that offer damage and defense I don't have much that increases movement speed very much. Is there a secret to that?

2. dkarl

dkarl Forum Duke

What level are you? Are you referring to mounted or on-foot speed? Is this happening in Wilderness maps or just in Urban areas?

There are lots of ways to boost speed, including:
    • Pets
    • Runes
    • Gems
    • Enchantments on your gear
    • Base stats on your gear
    • Skills (e.g., Ranger's Adrenaline, Steam Mechanicus' Steam Conductor, etc.)
    • Wisdom points (only in Urban areas ... I doubt anyone has ever allocated a point to this)
    • Collector's Bag (for mounted travel ... collect enough of one kind of mount and you'll get a speed boot when using that type of mount)

3. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

Boots. Craft them with 4x movement speed and toss on big rhodolites. Wear Lapis Lazuli Boots for extra speed. :p

4. Nostalgiac

Nostalgiac Advanced

To attain high movement speed, you need:

Boots with good base line on movement speed (1.0+)
    4x 98-100% plat enchantment (around +22.5% movement speed each)
    5x movement speed runes on max
    rhodolites (trapezoid and up) x10 in boots

This should get you quite close to the max speed of 13.0.

Alpaca likes this.