MS/Latency/Ping too high while on groups

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Haroxy, Jan 6, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Haroxy

Haroxy Forum Greenhorn

Since the last update i've been having some ping issues... everytime i join a group of 3 to 5 people the ping goes to 300 and the characters start teleporting, my internet works fine in other games or while playing DSO solo. Please fix this, the event is coming and i can't do it solo.

lovatic66 likes this.
  2. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

have had this problem for years
    also when in group you will notice high latency in areas where theres lots of instances happening iow many people are doing this in other instances at the same time as you
    circle q1
    all pw bosses
    q5 map2
    also check if the other players in your group has high speed internet
    if they dont and if their upload speed is low you will lag too

Haroxy likes this.
  3. Haroxy

Haroxy Forum Greenhorn

That's sad bro, i've never had this before, started on 214

4. Sunlight

Sunlight User

Hey there heroes,

Our team is aware of this situation, that has started with Release 214.
    At the moment, development team is working on a fix, which may resolve short-crashes, nebula errors and high loading times.
    This is affecting many players and all servers. Grimmag is probably the most affected, according to the reports.

We'll keep you updated. Rest assured that DSO team is working on a fix.
    Cheers.

Haroxy likes this.
  5. Haroxy

Haroxy Forum Greenhorn

Thanks for the reply, i speaked with some other player on my server, Agathon, and they also have this problem, glad the team is working on a fix.

guardpaladin likes this.
  6. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

am on agathon too btw player Gourex

7. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

Because it has a lot of players so you get more reports :D My main acct (this one) has toons on Grimmag, Agathon and Tegan. I can assure you the frequency of these problems is the same on all three.

8. dawmjr

dawmjr Junior Expert

since sunday my latency went from 64, to 167, up to 207, i looked forum i see nothing, i talked friends game they have same.

now up to 14200 and bounce all over map, cannot even log off, have to just close

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  9. Yammi

Yammi Forum Apprentice

I have this problem too, if the group has more than 3 people the lag starded, I'm playing on heredur server.

10. BDSxDaNxGuK

BDSxDaNxGuK Forum Greenhorn

Please comes to SOUTH AMERICA PLEASE We need becouse i love this game but 220ms is not good for fun .. please comes

11. Yammi

Yammi Forum Apprentice

I still have the same problem, thanks BP for fixing only useless bugs. Nice job!

12. Talbor

Talbor Active Author

I'm in the USA & play on Agathon & just updated the client. The game is so choppy now bouncing me all over the map that it's unplayable. The client is restarting A LOT as well. Before the maintenance it'd restart once in awhile, but definitely better than now. I should mention I play solo & not in groups.

13. SillySword

SillySword Regular

By the way, the game client of R215 seems not pre-downloading all game data completely, should I say it happens again?

Thanks!

14. Sunlight

Sunlight User

Hey there @SillySword ,

There are more reports about that issue (24 MB). Before contacting support, make sure you have deleted all temp files. Check how to do it here.
    If the problem remains, could you kindly open a ticket and report it to our support?
    Cheers.

15. Arr

Arr Forum Expert

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
    nikatar likes this.
  16. DamarèRo

DamarèRo Padavan

Another big big big lag are at goblin when more of three players(3-5) are in the group the game are freeze when we try to kill him/ or when he respawn. So you cut a lot of goblin spawn chance and we can't kill them bcs the game freeze for 3-5 sec and i am not the only one....all players have this lag, so fix it.

Arr and Yammi like this.