MS Why is it so high ?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by -{Gabriel}-, Aug 22, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. -{Gabriel}-

-{Gabriel}- Active Author

Why is MS the lag latency so high recently ?
    Playing at 260-270 on Agathon Server atm
    And before any know alls answer alot of people in my Real Life region are experiencing this
    Needless to say this is not fun I guess the only good thing with the MS being so high is I do not want to play Drakensang atm especially with the awesome events you are dishing out atm

2. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Must be something local to your region of the US, which would make it an internet backbone provider's issue, and not DSO's. I'm running perfectly normal latency for where I am right now, so I can say with reasonable certainty that it was either short lived, or localized.

3. -{Gabriel}-

-{Gabriel}- Active Author

Well 1 I am 100% sure it is not a local internet provider's fault as the problem is in 3 seperate countries namely Australia Indonesia and the Phillipines
    2 It has not been short lived has been 270 for last 3 days why I posted the question
    3 Under 220 is normal has been for last few years not seen it under 200 for quite a few years atm 270 is just meh unplayable

4. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Did I say it was? I said,
    Your local internet provider isn't responsible for getting the signal from point A to point B. They get the signal to the boundary of their network and pass it off to the next network. If any network between you and the DSO server in California has issues, then you will experience issues, and it most likely is not be related to your local ISP. If the transatlantic cable got cut and I suddenly had double the latency to get to a European DSO server from the US, would I blame DSO or my ISP? No... that would be ridiculous. This example is not so drastic as your issue is likely something less severe, but nothing you describe points to DSO being the issue.

The only troubleshooting step I can recommend is flushing the DNS to see if it picks up a better route. Or, you can run a tracert to see if you and your friends are all encountering latency going through the same router IPs. Australia, Indonesia, and the Philippines are all in the same geographic area (That is to say "On the other side of the Pacific Ocean"). It would not be the least bit surprising if there was a weak link somewhere between those countries and the US.
    [​IMG]
    You are trying to reach the red arrows. Any sort of failure or slow down at the green arrows could be affecting your latency and it would have absolutely nothing to do with your local ISP. If the green path failed for you, it may even force your traffic to take the longer rout indicated by the blue arrows and that could be the cause for your slow down.

And I say again: I am near certain that it is not on DSO's side because I'm experiencing totally normal latency from inside the USA. I've also played with many others who've had no significant issues over the last three days. If there was truly an issue on DSO's side, everyone, no matter where they live would be similarly affected.