New GTC Question

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by cigarbennett, Feb 28, 2022.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. cigarbennett

cigarbennett Old Hand

@Mariokbe

Your thread is locked so will post my question here.

When you say : Subscriptions concluded on or after March 1, 2022 will now automatically renew indefinitely after the end of the initial term and may be terminated with a notice period of one month (or a shorter notice period for subscriptions with a shorter initial term, where applicable).

Does that mean to terminate you have to do so in writing ? Or will the option on the classic payment menu still be available to cancel subscriptions?

Dear Players,

On February 28, 2022 Bigpoint will be making some changes to the General Terms and Conditions (GTC).
    Below, we explain what changes will be applied.

Q: Will this change affect all players?
    A: The change will affect all players apart from players residing in the USA or Brazil, as they are subject to a different version of our Terms and Conditions. They remain unaffected by the changes and will therefore not be asked to agree to the GTC again.

Q: What changes will be applied to the GTC?
    A: A change to the contract renewals for subscriptions.
    The changes implement the German "Fair Consumer Contracts Act". Subscriptions concluded on or after March 1, 2022 will now automatically renew indefinitely after the end of the initial term and may be terminated with a notice period of one month (or a shorter notice period for subscriptions with a shorter initial term, where applicable).

Q: What will happen to my existing subscription?
    A: Nothing will change for all subscriptions concluded before March 1, 2022. Just as before, these contracts will automatically be extended by the term of the initial period.

Q: Do I have to agree to the GTC again?
    A: Yes, we will have to ask you to explicitly agree to the updated GTC. Therefore, from February 28, 2022 a window will be displayed in the game with the new GTC, and you will have to agree to them before you can continue playing our games.

Q: What will happen if I don’t agree to the GTC?
    A: You can agree not to accept the new GTC from the date they enter into force, but this will mean that you will no longer be able to use our games.

Best regards,
    Your Bigpoint Team

Edited March 1, 2022 6:25pm MST

Well March 1, 2022 has come and gone in the German time zone and no response to questions. Why Bigpoint refuses to reply to questions on their own offical webpage is bewildering.

Below is some of the facts on what is going on. I urge all the players this effects to do a little research on it. Note the dates July 1, 2022 is the date required by German law to provide customers with an internet cancelation button. Anyone planning to purchase premium or some other package "Buyer Beware"

Contracts can no longer bind consumers for a year upon renewal, businesses must provide a “cancellation” button for consumers to easily cancel online subscriptions and terms and conditions may no longer prohibit the assignment of claims to third parties. The recent adoption of the Fair Consumer Contracts Act (FCCA) has far-reaching consequences for all consumer-facing businesses operating in Germany. These affect subscription-based business models in particular, including gaming, streaming and other provisions of digital content.

The FCCA not only increases the implementation efforts that business are currently already facing with the European New Deal for Consumers – it also thwarts the European goal to harmonise the digital single market. Once again, Germany has decided to implement additional consumer regulation that deviates from the European consensus.

Transition periods apply for the new regulation, which require businesses to adapt their user interfaces and business models for the German market.
    Cancellation button

From 1 July 2022, the FCCA requires businesses to implement a “cancellation button” that enables consumers to easily terminate ongoing contracts concluded on websites.
    The functionality is mandatory and must be permanently accessible, comparable to the legal notice already required under German law (Impressum). In addition, it must be legible and clearly labelled (for example, with the text "Cancel contracts here"). The button must lead consumers to a confirmation page where they can provide information on:
    • the type of termination and, in the case of extraordinary termination, the reason for the termination;
    • clear means of identification;
    • a clear identification of the contract;
    • the time at which the termination shall take effect; and
    • contact data to confirm the termination easily by electronic means.
    The website must also include a confirmation button that allows consumers to directly submit the cancellation. It must be legibly labelled with nothing other than the words "cancel now" or similarly clear wording.

Consumers must be able to save the termination notice, which must clearly indicate that the termination was submitted by pressing the confirmation button.

The consumer must be provided immediately with a confirmation of the termination by electronic means, including the content of the notice as well as both the time the notice was received and the time the termination will take effect. A legal presumption applies that a notice submitted by using the confirmation button is received by the business immediately after submission.
    In case of doubt, the termination takes effect at the earliest possible date.

If the business does not comply with the above requirements, the consumer may terminate the contract at any time without notice. The right to extraordinary termination remains unaffected.

This regulation also applies to contracts concluded before 1 July 2022. This means that every customer must be given the opportunity to terminate subscriptions and other ongoing contracts concluded on a website by clicking a button.

The regulation is likely to trigger a far-reaching need for adaptation in the entertainment and media industry. Cancellation buttons must also be implemented in apps or on game consoles if users can conclude subscription contracts there.
    Duration and renewal of contracts

As of 1 March 2022, the possibility to automatically extend subscriptions by another year after the initial two year period will no longer apply. The new regulation affects all contracts that involve the regular delivery of goods or regular provision of services or work.

Contracts with customers may still remain binding for a period of two years. After this initial period, automatic extensions are only permitted for an indefinite period. In such cases, the consumer must be given the right to terminate the extended contract at any time with a notice period of no more than one month.

In addition, notice periods of more than one month before the end of the initial contract term will be invalid.

The new requirements have implications for all subscription models. Wherever they are used, the contracts and terms and conditions must be amended:
    • Unless the renewal is for an indefinite period of time, contracts may no longer include provisions that automatically include binding renewal clauses. Companies may consider actively approaching customers and agreeing on an express extension of the contract or offer customers a new contract. Otherwise, contracts may be extended for an unlimited period of time, in which case customers can terminate the contract on a monthly basis after the end of the initial term.
    • Contracts that bind consumers for less than two years must also be amended so that they continue to run indefinitely after the end of the initial term and the user is granted a monthly right to terminate.
    • All contracts and business models must be revised to ensure that users are not required to provide more than one month notice of termination to the end of the respective contract period.
    While the legislator initially planned to limit consumer contracts to a maximum duration of one year, this plan was rejected during the legislative procedure. Thus, the current cap of two years remains in place.
    The new regulations apply to all contracts concluded from 1 March 2022. Therefore, it is not necessary to make changes to existing contracts. However, in view of the termination options for existing customers at the end of the contract term, it may be reasonable to offer the new conditions to all users.
    Prohibition of assignment

From 1 October 2021, clauses in general terms and conditions that prohibit the assignment of certain claims will be considered void. Consumers will be able to assign claims more easily to third parties that assert claims on their behalf. Companies that have so far relied on such prohibitions of assignment are likely to face a higher number of lawsuits.

The new provision primarily applies to monetary claims a contractual partner may have against users. However, prohibitions of assignment can also be void if they relate to other rights of the contractual partner: the decisive factor here is a weighing of interests - with corresponding legal uncertainty.

The new rules apply to all contracts entered into after 1 October 2021, the rule of non-assignment does not apply to contracts concluded before that date.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2022
  2. Kiwigal1244

Kiwigal1244 Active Author

I am concerned that I no longer have the choice to apply for Premium subscription, or go without until I am comfortable about deciding that I want premium for the month.

Would that mean I will no longer be able to log onto my account...
    If I do not want Premium subscription?

DocWhisky and cigarbennett like this.
  3. Айлейд

Айлейд Living Forum Legend

it seems to me that a similar practice, was already in the game earlier.. people got into debt, in the screenshots there were minus values of the andermants.. at that time, they went to meet the gaming community and made the right choice.. but what drives developers now?? greed?? a desire to deceive customers?? or maybe even disperse the remaining players??? I would like answers to the questions that have appeared..

cigarbennett likes this.
  4. FAALHAAS

FAALHAAS Board Analyst

Maybe im mistaken, but i remember that being cus people buy anders then soon they got them & used them, they cancel the payment and get the money back from paypal.

cigarbennett likes this.