New Moon (NEW)

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by trakilaki, Jul 21, 2016.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

[​IMG]
    http://drakensangonline.wikia.com/wiki/New_Moon(new)

New Moon has been changed completely.
    There is a new map, New NPC in KH and 2 new sets.
    Those 2 sets are just like the new Dragan sets ... in tiers.
    The difference is now you must play the quest in order to progress with the event (not the progress bar) ... and ATM they are bugged at 5/6 so I couldn't get to the bosses and get any of the set items. They will fix it probably tomorrow.
    One run at the event map is giving 120-140 fairy fire ... lots of fairy wood (especially if you are using amphoraes.
    On ~10 runs I managed to collect this much (in the right side)

[​IMG]

I don't know what fairy wood serves for ... since i couldn't get past the Q5/6.

Note: There are 2 bosses ... each is dropping items from one set ... but you can play only one boss per event ... you will have to select either the white one or the black one.

MANOJ and VukChe like this.
  2. GodChronos

GodChronos Forum Expert

Ye I just tried it, question is what will happen to the old set? not to be negative or anything but even tho the 2 new sets are kind of nice I would still prefer to be able to get the old one. Also is it just me or has realm frags drop rate got higher?

3. trakilaki

VukChe likes this.
  4. GodChronos

GodChronos Forum Expert

Anyways this event set up is strange. What if I want 1 item of this and 1 from the other one? I will have to wait for 2 months that is not a good idea from the devs. Unless you can fight both queens at the same event

5. trakilaki

It looks like

6. GodChronos

GodChronos Forum Expert

well I give up on this event than. Good luck to everyone who wants to get the sets or just have fun with it.

7. Liflaen

Liflaen Forum Greenhorn

Well u said you got those items on right for ~10 runs. So is that correct i dont have to farm a wood at regular map and wasting of real fragments ? Basicly as I understood that you farm nearly 7k wood when then event was running ?

8. GodChronos

GodChronos Forum Expert

But as of right now I didnt see any usage for that wood. So who knows what will you need. They might make something for like 5000 woods every time who knows.

9. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

How do you know? I haven't seen it.
    They are dropping one of two kinds of currency, and you use that to buy the pieces you want. I like the system, but since we can't get to the boss yet, we have no clue if the currency is a 100% drop rate, and even if it is, we don't know how much we'd get. There is even a mount available in dark and light... a which's broom.
    Yes and no. There are "two sets" composed of Cloak, Boots, and Weapon Adornment, but those sets all work together for the same set bonus, allowing you to mix and match.

Here are some pics of the shop at the two headed centipede which monster NPC in KH and the items.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Personally, I'm not too impressed by the set as a whole as a DK. Putting aside the fact that I don't like stackable buff set bonuses to begin with, it is very obviously geared towards DPS with the possibility to get +30% max damage and plenty of crit or crit damage on the items, yet the cloak disqualifies it from working with the Black Warlord set and the boots disqualify it from working with the Bellicose set. What it will work nicely with is the Darkness set (which means growing RAs will likely love it). It can replace the boots and still be able to get the important 4/5 bonus for 15% crit. It also allows them to customize things based on need. If they want more crit, they use pieces from the Dusky set. If they already have 75%+ crit rate, they can go for more crit damage from the Icy set.

On the other hand, while I might not like the set, I love both pairs of boots. Boots are one of those items that usually don't have offensive stats on them, and when they do, they usually are garbage or part of a set bonus. For example, pure damage boots could give 120+, but you'd have no defense from the boots. Then there is Keens boots give 40 damage with 3/3 pieces or the Machine Boots with 15% crit damage when used with another piece from the set (which kills using one of the following: speed gloves, damage torsos, Warlord set, Bellicose set, etc). But in this case, you get your choice of 15% crit damage or 7.5% crit rate with no strings attached. The both even come with respectable defensive armor and the travel speed is OK on both. Personally, I have my eye on the Icy boots. According to the math I've been doing here, the free 15% crit damage on an item that I had otherwise given up on as a defensive only item could improve DPS in that "perfect" build by another 1000 allowing the build to approach 28.7k DPS.

Zed, MANOJ and EhtovK like this.
  10. MANOJ

MANOJ Forum Pro

Pity those who spent days, wasting precious time to farm the Kaylin Lefrye's coat. This new Karabossa's cloak makes the Kaylin one obsolete :p
    We can use the Karbossa's adornment+Cloak along the Bellicose set if the toon's got enough CHR already.
    The mix and match feature helps us customize items with many builds.

Blossom's are gonna be as stingy as Dragan's drops :D
    I like this update, at least for making New Moon interesting again :)

11. Wllf

Wllf Advanced

I
    I am 2/3 witch chaser set on one of my toons. I'm going to be very disappointed if this just disappears from the game like the old PW set. (I was 4/5 on that too and I really wanted to finish it...)
    All the best.

12. .proba.

.proba. Forum Apprentice

Then Im doing something wrong. I get 169 progress from fist 2 runs.

13. Troneck86

Troneck86 Forum Great Master

Definitely interesting sets from my perspective. I want to say I'll try for the Karabossa set. If nothing else, both cloaks are an improvement to the Cloak of Power that I was thinking of adding new a fourth slot to recently.

14. trakilaki

Because the portals say so XD
    [​IMG]
    I can't make screens from the other portal because i have selected the "white way" ... but the other set is in that portal screen.
    Moose told me yesterday before I was able to proceed with the quests.

Yes those are the 2 sets items ... like i said I couldn't proceed further because of the bug (it has been fixed today).
    Anyway ... I still don't know if they are also dropable from the bosses ... who knows maybe they do drop them.
    Those blossoms are auto-pickable ... and ... I have a theory:
    It is POSSIBLE for hard core farmers and P2W players to get entire Tier 3 set in one event.
    I guarantee that 100% ;)
    BTW with my first kill i got that new costume ... which is bugged and disappears when changing maps :eek:

The drop can vary from players to players ... I was getting 120-140 per run
    Note: when you finish the Blackborg map and you have the boss map open (White Queen's realm) ... you are getting more fairy fire there.
    Yes you get them while the event is running. they have a different purpose now ... there are no cauldrons for fairy fire anymore. You have to spend 50 woods in order to fight the boss .
    Those woods are dropping in the both maps and most important ... you can get a lot of woods from the amphorae ... I was opening all the amphoraes because when I make guides I test all the features ... so I was testing the amphorae drops as well

[​IMG]

Just count how many woods I have got from that amphora only ...

15. .proba.

.proba. Forum Apprentice

Today on restart event first run 94, second 78. Too much variation for 4k progress if you ask me.

Im on 2/6 quest right now, and till now didnt get any scroll. Only way to fight boss is to get 8 scrolls from progress. So your theory that one can get whole set from one event is little immposible to me. Did I missing something?

16. _Baragain_

Ahh, the Moose... That explains a lot.
    EDIT: There is a way...

Also, we don't know if there will be a repeatable quest for them like there was in the past.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
    trakilaki likes this.
  17. trakilaki

Maybe you are lower level ... i am always speaking for cap level. I don't test low levels.
    Yep ... you are not missing "something" but you are missing a LOT. :D
    and i won't speak about it. (my lips are sealed) :cool:

18. .proba.

.proba. Forum Apprentice

No, its dwarf lvl50 and there is a bug or you can call it however you like.

First, on quest 6/6 you are given a choice but its confusing. I didnt know until my tokens are gone and I was allready chose Magotina. OK, but it need do be little clearer.

Second, Magotina appears wery quickly and there is no time (when you go first time) to figures what to do. So I start shooting and get "immune". Then I run around to couldron and click it once... still "immune", I click it twice, than third time... and its starts to count the dmg to the queen. BUT!!!! When I opet a inv I find out that 150 wood is missing! That must be count as bug.

Third.... ofcourse I was killed and pay 40 anders to respawn on the beginning of the map. That is not a problem. Problem is that I lose buff and now queen is immune again. Since I was left with 29 wood I have to leave map without killing queen. That is the second bug. How can I lose buff in 3 min????

[EDIT]

19. Dragonnns

Dragonnns Count Count

Perhaps it will be for sale at Gnobs. I was hoping to get a level 50 version of the jerkin since I currently have a level 44 version.

I believe someone above stated that it was 50 wood each drop, that would account for your 150. You need a lot more Fairy Wood to complete the kill.

20. _Baragain_

No, you get the light or dark tokens leading up to 6/6, but by the time you get to 6/6, you only could possibly have 2 and 3, (or 1 and 4 or 0 and 5) so you've made your choice of which boss to fight before that point, you just didn't realize it.
    It helps if you read things first...
    [​IMG]

And the buff is 2 min, not 3 min. With enough damage or essence, 2-4 min should be more than enough to kill her. Regarding the cauldron, it acts similarly to the cauldron in the Dragan Mini event... clicking again wastes the item, but doesn't extend the buff; you need to wait for the first one to run out. And Dragonnns is correct, it is 50 each time, but given the amount that drops in the previous maps, that is plenty. It isn't a bug, it is a feature. Personally I anticipate having to throw away wood in the future. If you get an amphora every once in a while, (spending 1 key isn't a big deal), you should be fine... Check out trakilaki's post #14... that alone would be enough for me to do the boss 6+ times.
    They are still available. Again, see trakilaki's post (#14). The sets are available as random drops from the bosses, but can't be bought for the new currency like the new ones can be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.