[Newbie ASK] Leveling Up!

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Dyren, Aug 14, 2015.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dyren

Dyren Forum Apprentice

Hello guys, I'm new player Drakensang Online start and play 3-4days ago. Now I'm level 20 in server Tegan and play for have fun. I want ask for some question..
    1. How long all of you play Drakensang until level 45?
    2. Can I play this game for Solo Player for all quest?

Ok maybe now only have 2 question but this is important for me.
    Please someone or all of you answer my simple question.
    Thanks for view and read :)

Shaydoe likes this.
  2. Rhysingstar

Rhysingstar Forum Ambassador

How long it takes to get to 45 really depends on how many hours you put in. Recently DSO made some changes that speed up the process. More monsters/more experience points. Personally I did it in a month before they made it easier.

Be aware that there are some levels where you will run out of quests before reaching the next level, so some serious grinding will be necessary to get that next quest. We've all been there and grinding can be rough, but keep at it and you'll be at 45 before you know it.

Yes it is possible to solo the game. Some maps/quests/bosses are certainly easier in a group than going solo. The bosses and parallel worlds can be quite difficult solo, but it can be done if you work hard on your character.

The game is about getting the best gear possible, so rushing to lvl 45 has both good and bad possibilities. The regular worlds are easy enough, but once you get to the parallel worlds you'll need better than average gear to survive or finding good groups.

In a couple of weeks (maybe Aug 26th - maybe later, watch for announcement) the new update will hit the game and change everything, so how easy or hard it is now may change after the update.

Melethainiel likes this.
  3. Dyren

Dyren Forum Apprentice

Hai Rhysingstar, thanks for answer my question :)
    I know now from your answer for what can I do for leveling and play for next step. :)

I look Drakensang Online team is very active to update,control,and manage this game, I love it..really. In my opinion many game in out there maybe not same to good manage like this so I love Drakensang Online because that hahah :D and graphic absolutely.

Okay, time for question again hahaha
    1. In your answer before "Recently DSO made some changes that speed up the process. More monsters/more experience points" just for event or permanently update?
    2. I look on Youtube DSO channel the last few months make live streaming from Twitch and review content update. So DSO Team always update once a month? for once a month DSO always change update?

Ok thanks before:)

4. Anyki

Anyki User

Hello @Dyren and welcome to the forums. :)

These changes that Rhysingstar mentioned were permanent updates.

There are also occasionally events that give an extra 25% increased xp from slain monsters that have a specific duration.

The frequency of updates varies depending on the content and size of the content. You can take a look at the Community Roadmap to get a sense of when the next few updates might happen.

Cheers,
    Anyki

Dyren likes this.
  5. Dyren

Dyren Forum Apprentice

Hai anyki :) thanks for you

Ok back to discuss hahaha
    1. So if DSO Team make change Exp rate for next update the update apply. Ok i see..heheh
    2. Wow, I just found out about it thanks for information and I will check this out.

And I want ask one question of course:p
    1. Estimates, the level of how we will more often play with a group? I ask this question because Im often play Solo.

Although I had to play, hopefully in the future I hope next Drakensang Online Team always keep and care for this game well and maintaining good relationships with the players.:)
    Surprise for me this thread answering by Super Forum Moderator ;) thanks before.

6. Kohn_Hamper

Kohn_Hamper Junior Expert

Hey Dyren and welcome. If you need a hand on quests or bosses on tegan server just let me know because I'm happy to help

Dyren likes this.
  7. Rhysingstar

When you reach the late lvl 20's, you'll probably want to ask for help with Khalys. Some other maps that can be a little harder doing solo if you try rushing through the levels include Fortress Teganswall, Herald, Temple Sector, and Gorga.

Once you get to the higher 30's and low 40's, you'll want to do Gorga over and over again for the exp points, this helps you level up between quests.

Once you hit lvl 30, you'll be able to start in the parallel worlds, but these are very difficult maps and require good gear or good groups. A lot of players wait until they reach lvl 40 or higher before trying those maps.

If you take your time farming for good gear and gems, the regular maps won't be too hard. Most importantly don't be afraid to ask for help. Tegan server has lots of good and helpful players on it.

Dyren likes this.
  8. Dyren

Dyren Forum Apprentice

Hai Kohn_Hamper :)
    Woooaaaa...really?many thanks for hands help :D
    what your IGN in Tegan?

So If only do Quest does no matter for play Solo,right?:D

Next Question :
    1. Is PVP feature or PVP skill will affect us to leveling up? because I dont have many time to play DSO. You know time for work and anything in real world more important.

Sorry all, if I had many questions :( Im noob for this game and I know it

9. -Faeriequeen22-

-Faeriequeen22- Forum Mogul

Ola @Dyren and welcome!
    No need to apologize, all of us were walking in your shoes at some point, full of questions - that's why forum is here, to seek for help and make your gaming experience better, maybe even making some friends :D
    Now for that PVP, killing players does give you xp, but I wouldn't say it's that much important as far as leveling up is concerned; it helps you more with the skills you get - skills from 25lvl PVP on work in PVE too which can be useful. But, if you don't want to PVP, worry not :D - new release is coming soon, bringing us lvl 50 and new skill trees system, there will be a lot of changes, so you can wait and see if it's worth playing PVP then :)
    And, if I understood your question correctly - when you do quests, it doesn't really matter if you're grouped or solo, quest rewards stay the same.

Good luck!

Dyren likes this.
  10. Theranger

Theranger Someday Author

While grouping for xp , make sure all the group members are close to your own level , otherwise the exp gain is small, like say all lvl 30-32 players in a group not more , that should help.

Dyren likes this.
  11. Dyren

Dyren Forum Apprentice

Hai -Faeriequeen22- :)

Hahaha..many thanks for your attention, yes sometimes I feel play alone is so lonely but I love play solo:D
    Maybe we can to meet in game and play together sometimes I hope then I will wait for next update what DSO Team make it happen.

Ok lets question again
    1. Hah?really?what skills from 25lvl PVP on work in PVE too which can be useful?

Thanks a lot ^^v

Hai Theranger :)

To the point for question hahaha
    1. So If my level 22 my team level must close to me right? what if that was level 30 and above help me and I was level 22?

Thanks before;)

12. Theranger

Theranger Someday Author

Any level difference of more than 5 results in no exp gain . even if its a 5 lvl difference you would gain very little exp. So make sure the lvl difference is not more than 2-3 levels max . Say if you char is lvl 22 , party members should not ideally be more than 24 for faster exp farming.

Dyren likes this.
  13. Dyren

Dyren Forum Apprentice

Oh, I see :) thanks Theranger

14. -Faeriequeen22-

-Faeriequeen22- Forum Mogul

Well, you're on the wrong server :oops:
    I find them all useful, that 4 seconds immunity from stuns is nice to have, otherwise you can get stuck in stuns when you're around a lot of monsters who can do that, even better combined with 35lvl escaping from stuns skill.. But as I've said, need to wait and see what it will all look like with this new expansion.. :D

Dyren likes this.
  15. Rhysingstar

As others have said when you need exp, keep the others in your group within a few levels of yourself (within 5).

If you are just doing a hard quest (Khalys for example) grouping with a high level player can make it easy, just know that you will only get the quest reward and not exp points.

Dyren likes this.
  16. Dyren

Dyren Forum Apprentice

Hahah ok2 time for waiting :D Thanks before

Oh I know now..ok2 :D Thanks before

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.