Suggestion Next Stormball event

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Tonlee, Jul 3, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tonlee

Tonlee Forum Apprentice

How about you place a Trollish trader or two in Kingshill that has a shopping card full of flags and jerseys. Players can trade in four flags for one random flag or four jerseys for one random jersey (yes it can be one of the ones they already have or are even one of the ones they are trading). Then occasionally you could also have rowdy and drunken trolls come to the trader to get restocked on flags and jerseys just for show.

2. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

What is the point of a trader when you can already buy them all?

3. MademoiselleCaramel

MademoiselleCaramel Junior Expert

What is the point of any of this, since next event will be in 4 years, maybe not even then. :p

4. Akageshi

Akageshi Forum Duke

I think OP is thinking about a way to get rid of duplicates in exchange for the items he does not have yet and does not seem to have them dropped. Plus it'd be a way to get the stuff without paying andermant.
    The suggestion seems to be quite fair. Let's say you farmed hard and got like 4 identical jerseys. Why not being able to trade them for 1 different jersey, hm?

Ha! Good point :D

5. Iselda

Iselda Advanced

Even exchange 1-1 would be welcomed, especially when we keep getting the same goods over and over again.

6. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

I know what they meant.
    There will never be such feature in the game.
    There are few quests that are meant for exchanging items for other items (silver essences for buff in example) ... but they will never make a feature where players would exchange one item for another ... especially on a same rate.

7. Akageshi

Akageshi Forum Duke

I understand why. You did not say it, but I think it's clear. The idea behind Stormball is that once your collection is almost complete, it's getting hard and near impossible to get the last one or two remaining pieces. I was lucky with jerseys, but most people will either have to farm forever or buy the last piece for ander. Call me Captain Obvious :3

I support the idea of several duplicates for one nonetheless, and not just here but in any similar event that might appear in the game. It's pretty fair, it still requires a lot of farming, and it still does not exclude andermant out of the whole thing because some people don't want to farm that much and some people will still be unlucky dropping the duplicates. Both will spend premium currency.

8. Tonlee

Tonlee Forum Apprentice

I wasn't playing last time the event ran, are they opening up all team's items to be bought at the end of the event? Because if not, having one more way of getting the flag and jerseys would be nice.

The point of the suggestion was because I have farmed over 50 hours during Stormball event, just doing loops of certain zones until I find a troll and kill it (often duo-ing searches), and yet I still have 6 jerseys to go (and 5 flags). I do not believe for a second that I am the only person in the game to not have collected all the flag and jerseys and yet if I, or anyone else still looking do not get the last to fill the collection book, we have to wait 4 years to get the end progression reward if the items can not be purchased at the end, and if we can't purchase them, than that seems like a pretty big waste of the time spent farming for the jerseys and flags, no?

9. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

I don't know.... something along these lines would be nice.

As for me, at the end I farmed long and hard. Last day I went from needing 10 flags to needing 1 big flag, and guess what??? Couldn't buy it cause Australia was not in the final.

Got down to 4 remaining jerseys and same thing. None of the 4 were for sale because they weren't one of the two teams remaining.

There was no way of knowing what jersey/flag was never going to drop... so how was one supposed to know what to buy ahead of time???

10. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

That is the point. They wanted you to have to spend a bunch of gold/andermant from the start.

MademoiselleCaramel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.