Nightmare: Big Paw and Mad Santa

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Feyangol, Dec 23, 2013.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feyangol

Feyangol Forum Duke

Hey all,

here is a little video of me how I beat this two Bosses:

2. TheInfamous

TheInfamous Board Analyst

How does a F2P do this? Or DK... or mage... bet it's tons harder when you can't slow them down and shoot a missile through both of them.

3. Feyangol

Feyangol Forum Duke

It's important, that your "F2P" (I'm more F2P like you think :p ) play good and he have to use essences (my essences are only of Events! Look on the Winter Solstice rewards ... ).
    For a mage and a ranger this bosses aren't hard, but you're right that a war can't beat them (do you see santa who heals 70k lifes?).

4. TheInfamous

Mage will have to spend a lot more essences and time. Lightning Strike can't be used because the bosses move around and it would be ineffective to use that. Fireball hits way less than a marked Precision... hits too low. Of course, mage can use tactic and stay near the boss so it stops walking, use lightning and jump away fast but that would be risky because most mages have rather weak defenses.

You're F2P? or just not heavy P2P?

Also, what were the drops? You did not show in video. I want to know if this is even worth it or just drops useless crap.

5. Feyangol

Feyangol Forum Duke

Oh man...
    Sry, I can't help you. The mage has so much advanteges in the PvE and now he's not the best and you cry?

Guy, this is a game for have FUN, when you have only fun when you are the best or when you have good drops, than you can go away!

I just show you that you don't need pots, andermant and premium for this boss - and essences are NOT important when you have TIME and SKILL.

6. TheInfamous

Wow, nice job understanding simple English. And please don't reply back anything along the lines of "not my native language" because it's not my native language either and I'm just fine. I was only stating facts and maybe, just maybe, someone will see this and say.. "oh, I should prepare further before trying this map"

1. Mage has advantages? All classes have advantages. No need to claim any.
    2. I'm not crying.
    3. I can do that map, I'm just considering everyone else... not like some selfish pricks. Uhum.
    And unlike you, even if my own class was the only one able to do that map w/o difficulty, I would point it out. Because I don't think it's fair for the poor DKs. Maybe they want the drops (back to this again. IDK why you're hiding what your drops were)

Yeah, I know games are for entertainment. What a discovery you've made!

Of course you don't need pots, andermant and premium to do that map...so long as you have already paid for gems and have good stats. What about those who haven't?

Skill? lol.

Oh, on a sidenote... F2P isn't a scale... it's not "I'm more F2P" or "I'm more P2P" either one or the other, buddy, no in-betweens.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2013
  7. Guitarman

Guitarman Forum Master

err... the three of us just went in and got toasted bad (2 Fame 40 SW, 1 Fame 35 Rgr, L30-34 F2Ps )

I think the SW boss is harder.. anyone got a video on how to beat it ?

TQVM

8. Shield

Shield Forum Apprentice

my lvl 37 DK, with 6.3k hp 2k armor and 700 ress. Died in seconds after i faced the bosses..:) I want to see a DK who killed them. For me its impossible.

9. Feyangol

Feyangol Forum Duke

Santa is invincible for a war because he heals 70k lifes.
    Ok, you're right: F2P isn't a scale. But it make a difference for what you pay and I never bought Gems - I needed cristalls of truth and I tested premium. Yes, I paid for the game because I didn't have the time to farm so long for something like CoT. That is in your opinion a crime, yes?
    Cool story, bro...

Master0fpuppets likes this.
  10. TheInfamous

No, not a crime... not even a bad thing to do. I understand time plays a major role here and if you don't have it you need to pay. I get that you needed CoTs and bought them.. idc. But my posts were showing flaws in the map, not saying anything about your character.

11. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

I'll apologize in advance, I didn't take any video so I know people are going to call me a lair, but here we go anyway.

I am a F2P DK and I beat Santa. I also only needed four 40 ander revives to do it.
    This is how it is done.

1. Spec out to be a 2 hand damage dealer with the highest damage you can possibly get so long as you can still survive 2 hits from the turrets.
    2. Run in circles, kiting both to follow you.
    3. Get hit by a turret on purpose and then use "Furious Battle Cry".
    4. Drop a "Dragon's Fury" (DF) and keep running. Depending on when Santa last used his jump, he may jump to where you were and your DF is, or he may just run into it. With reds, each of my DFs did a total of about 9k-15k damage depending on crits and how many time he got hit by it.
    5. Pick up a full health sphere.
    6. Repeat steps 2-5

It took me a half hour and a stack of reds (from the event) and 3 stacks of blue, but I beat both of them.

OH, and here are my stats.
    2630 Armor (57.81%)
    8085 Health
    1.17 APS
    761-1079 Damage
    795 Crit (29.29%)
    215% Crit Damage
    637 Resist (24.92%)

Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
    Feyangol likes this.
  12. Feyangol

Feyangol Forum Duke

Nice ;) .
    That was my first idea to kill Santa with the DF too, but I had no idea how to get the fury for this attack without to be hit by Santa - good solution for this problem ;) .

13. TheInfamous

Nice, Baragain. Now, tell us, was it worth it? I mean, bragging-rights excluded. :)

14. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

Bragging rights, Hell Yea! The Drops, Hell No!
    Between the time it took, the ess it took, and the 160 ander I spent... I was insulted. I got one legendary which I just melted (no event unique), and I got the throw snow ball emote... The exact same one that I got as a progress reward before I ever got the stupid Nightmare portals. Down right stupid.

Looking back, I should have had the Talent "Adicted to Revenge" so that I would have gotten more rage per turret hit, but hindsight is 20/20.
    Also, an alternative that does not require getting hit by the turrets would be to select the talent that debuffs the rage cost of Banner of War. Then you could drop the banner and then the DF. Problem is that because you actually have to stop to do the banner as opposed to being hit on the run, you would run the risk of getting caught in a spin. So now that I have typed this all out, it is probably a bad idea after all.

Long story short, I would argue that Santa is impossible for any DK below LVL 42.

15. Ashelia59650

Ashelia59650 Active Author

Feyangol, what is the point in posting a video and flaming people and even misunderstanding them?

It does not matter if what you said was true or false, the video was cut instead of speeding x4 x6 x8 .

http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=627098grandours.jpg

3 blue items
    1 violet
    1 legendary
    1 silver
    1 kinghill teleport
    15 drakens
    1 of the 3 deer's item quest for workbench

I used 3500 blue. I was not 45 at that time, heavy shot is a cast.
    it's nearly impossible to use heavy shot on mad santa without him swinging and healing himself even when you jumped beforehand.

Even if I used a 2 hands weapons, I cannot slow him, I cannot run fast enough, and our heavy shot is a casting spell.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
  16. TheInfamous

Ah nice to hear an opinion on a Dwarf's point of view. Perhaps using a 2h will allow you to stay far enough to use Heavy Shot w/o Santa attacking you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.