one-handed or two-handed?

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by Wyth, Aug 18, 2014.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wyth

Wyth Forum Greenhorn

Is it better to use a one-handed weapon with a shield or to go with the two-handed?

2. taxi1

taxi1 Forum Overlooker

depends...if you havent many sapphires to increase the attack speed and dont have hight armor prefer the one-handed weapon and the shield-if you can get your dk attack speed 1,20 and above with a two-handed weapon(sword or axe)choose 2-handed.

Denemama likes this.
  3. Wyth

Wyth Forum Greenhorn

my attack speed with one-handed and shield is 1,11

4. Greekhell

Greekhell Advanced

According to me a DK lives and dies by his shield. It is a close combat char and is also called tank for the reason that absorbs damage if you drop your blocks to 0 and rip off your armor you will be kinda off your game. On the other hand, your damage will sky rocket but a dead player does no dmg!!!

jeffzrx likes this.
  5. Hartvig

Hartvig Forum Inhabitant

Another of these threads...
    It depends on what YOU like!
    Try both, see what works! I just recommend 2H if you can manage to survive, simply becuz it goes way faster.
    The last half year, i have only been on 2H in PVE becuz i don´t need more defense.
    At end-game you heal insane amounts of hp with 2H, that is why 2H sometimes is far better than 1H. It is easier for me to solo-farm knights in m2 on 2H than 1H, for an example.
    But you should probably start out with 1H, 2H is only for strong endgame, or leveling if you can efford the loss of defense.
    GL!

6. taxi1

taxi1 Forum Overlooker

so you dont have gems to increase attack speed so better use one handed

7. Hartvig

Hartvig Forum Inhabitant

You know taxi1, speed doesn´t matter when it comes to PVE, only DPI(http://dsopage.bplaced.net/) matters! It´s only at PVP high speed is nessecery.
    What matters in PVE, is if he can afford the loss of defense.

8. Hasta_la_vista_babe

Hasta_la_vista_babe Forum Apprentice

Just another plot or game nature, especially drakensang there are not many 2 hands sword warlord in action we seeing. I'm playing a DK myself and has been thinking much about how cool it is if I can afford a 2 hands sword, because are some drawback we have to deal with instantly:

- No damage lock at all
    - No damage reduction (now you're sole rely on your armor and resistance)
    - Take away 5 slots for gems (from the shield)
    - Slow attack speed ( If you can deal x2 damage with your 2 hand sword but attack speed only 1 attack/second when the 1 hand you can deal 2 attack/second, then it's clearly the 1 hand is far better for a choice)

It's fatal you're running around PvP with 2 hands sword it's easy to find yourself a moving meat with insane mage or rangers with Predator bow. They're easy to land 2 red arrow at one place instantly.

So here to make it's happen a strong end DK for both PvE and PvP - 2 hands sword, I was consider having a Knight:

2 HANDS SWORD DRAGON KNIGHT (NO SHIELD)
    • 8,000 armor (this is to make sure crazy rangers their red arrow don't hurt)
    • 70% spell resistant (this is to make sure mage fireballs don't hurt)
    • 300% crit damage
    • 1,5 attack speed
    • 2,500 crit rate
    • +28% running speed (this is for your PvP mobility, dodge and slash)
    • 1450 - 1600 base damage (this is for PvP 1 hit 1 kill)

All these above criteria are to help you guy sum it up how a 2 hands DK will be like.

This one with khalys sword, 1,93 attack speed, not bad for Rage up fast for your heavy smash.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
    Spyke00 likes this.
  9. Hartvig

Hartvig Forum Inhabitant

First of all, that is some heavy expensive DK U got there! XD
    Second, i agree somewhat. 2H in PVP is suicide IMO.
    Third, those stats you are mentioning for a 2H, is that a joke? Those stats isn´t possible as it is now.

But now i have to ask, have you ever heard of a DK named Goodmood?
    His a maybe stubborn to use 2H in PVP, but U know what? It WORKS!
    It seems like he is able to kill even tough guys like yourself...
    And i have seen more DK´s like him ingame, they just don´t upload videos and make themselves famous, but they are just as insane with a 2H.

BTW, i think the starter of this post is just a new player who wants a hint to what would help him most in this game - so we are probably getting a little off-topic when we discuss end-game like that! :cool:

But after all, it doesn´t matter what people think are best, just play the game the way you like and have fun doing so!

Hasta_la_vista_babe likes this.
  10. Hasta_la_vista_babe

If life is just a game which character would you pick?

11. taxi1

taxi1 Forum Overlooker

dk needs attack speed to increase his rage faster.

12. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

If the hen was a male ... it would be rooster isn't it? :D

13. munjen

munjen Forum Apprentice

14. Hasta_la_vista_babe

Here come the Legendary Two hands Weapon Dragon Knight "Munjen" and from those stats, he can even more extreme with Dragan full set that +30% more damage with 2 hands sword, base damage 2,350+

His power is ... over 9000

Last edited by moderator: Aug 19, 2014
  15. NightWalker

NightWalker Board Analyst

huh? sorry, but my power is over 11k. If you mean base dmg, them you got something wrong. +30% more dmg with dragan set is only "weapon dmg" not total dmg. I hope you are not trying to troll and tell me his base dmg is over 9000. I would laugh my butt off :D

Last edited by moderator: Aug 19, 2014
  16. Hartvig

Hartvig Forum Inhabitant

Okey... I can conclude U don´t have an endgame DK yourself.
    Now i´m telling you the basics for rage-generation.
    There is 2 ways of generating rage.
    1) To hit with a basic attack.
    2) To be hit BY a monster, U gain rage after how much dmg was inflicted on U.

At endgame in a group of PW-monsters, U don´t even need to hit them with basic attacks, just becuz the dmg from monsters give U all U need.
    Then U just need enough dmg to heal again using mighty swing.
    On 2H in PVE, my HP often drops from 7,5k to 3k in 2 sec, but i just use one mighty swing to get all the hp back.
    I play with a 2H mace in PVE with only 1,15 speed, i don´t need more. The mobs give me all the rage i need. It would never work in PVP becuz i wouldn´t be able to hit anyone, but mobs in PVE doesn´t run away.

Speed is only worth the extra hits in PVE, it doesn´t help much having more rage, which means, DPI is the only thing you need to know.

17. nashedi000

nashedi000 Someday Author

Look at this beast, there is no question after watching him... i wonder what his sword like but he hits more then GoodMooD

18. Mapex91

Mapex91 Someday Author

But he uses red mood did this with blue ;)

19. Hartvig

Hartvig Forum Inhabitant

Yes, but this one makes the whole run in 1 minute and 15 seconds - Goodmood barely made it.
    And even if Goodmood used red, he wouldn´t make nearly as much dmg.
    As far as i can see, this DK have somewhat same dmg as Goodmood, but do also have an insane critdmg wich makes him crit on those insane amounts.

I would really like to see his stats and specially his gear! :cool:

CallMeFate and xEthnic like this.
  20. CallMeFate

CallMeFate Advanced

[​IMG]

This is my stats with 2H. Hit Morti max for 24k with red, sooo...i really want to see his stats lol :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.