Parallel World is too hard

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by hajduksplit, Mar 21, 2017.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hajduksplit

hajduksplit Forum Greenhorn

I have one question for you .. What's your problem? By simply destroying the game with this new update crappy .. The problem is not what you added up the new world, lvl .. new itmes gems ... .. blablabla .. but the problem is that you have mangled the Parallel World .. mobs have become so strong that mod1 longer to play, not to mention the rest .. now more generally can not find a group to play, and after 2 hours of searching if it finds a game .. falls apart after a short time .. I think it not normal to .. big mistake .. why not just simply leave mOD1, mOD2, mod3 normal as it was before, provided that it maintains on mod4 as stronger than mod3 what is normal .. ??? !! I wonder if this will change ??? !! Because I think this is not a game that I remembered before .. Regards..

2. Sunlight

Sunlight User

Hey there @hajduksplit ,

We noticed an increase on every single difficulty on PW and we all know that it is harder now.
    But, the goal of our Team was to you to improve your items. For example, you will find a better weapon than your current one from level 50. So, they believe that you will be able to fight easier than in the past when you upgrade your equipment.

They are aware of this situation, once we have addressed that in the past.
    Cheers,

3. EvelynJ

EvelynJ Forum Apprentice

Whilst that's true - isn't that the purpose of having a scaling system? Monsters are no longer 50 - they are 55, they are automatically scaled accordingly (which is true for all levels in PW).

Before monsters were capped at lvl 50 and our weapons at lvl 55. Now both have +5 and the monsters were already auto scaled to 55. So the power-level of characters hasn't scaled in the same way that the monsters have in PW. Killing bosses has become really slow now, even with a semi-decent lvl 55 weapon.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That's why we had a difficulty selector added to begin with, no?

dkarl likes this.
  4. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

In my personal opinion, the Painful difficulty mode is too difficult compared to the normal mode. This is one of the issues why most people get frustrated with the Parallel Worlds.

Let's consider the difficulties.
    Let's say the regular game maps have the difficulty of 1.
    Then Painful mode has 2x damage and 4x health meaning the difficulty is = 2x4 = 8 times regular maps.
    Excruciating mode has 3x damage and 8x health = 24 times regular or just 3 times harder than painful.
    Fatal = 5 x 12 = 60 times regular or 2.5 times excruciating.
    Infernal I = 8 x 14 = 112 times regular or 2 times fatal.

As you can see there is a huge leap when a player moves from regular maps to PW painful and not after.
    I think it would ease the concerns of most newbie players if you introduce a difficulty level in between the Painful mode and the regular mode, something like Advanced which is only about 3 times more difficult than the regular maps.

For example, it could be 1.5 times damage and 2 times health but offers lesser rewards. For example instead of a guaranteed extraordinary items from mini-bosses, this level could drop guaranteed blue items. Bosses would not drop unique items, but guaranteed blue items and sometimes extraordinary items (higher chance than regular maps but less than painful mode)

5. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

I just figured out why you are called "Sunlight." You are always looking for the bright side of things, even when there isn't brightness to be found.

6. Sunlight

Sunlight User

Hey there @_Baragain_ ,

It depends on the topic, you know? :p

I am just following Bigpoint's logic on that topic, that can be read HERE. This does not mean that Sunlight player-mode likes that :p

Cheers,

7. iNeXoRaBlE

iNeXoRaBlE Forum Great Master

Hellow! I have throwed all my old gear and i got new one... I find it so much harder than before and now i use always blue ess (that is not droping anymore). This update made all the not so good players unhappy... I can't even go to fatal anymore... before i could try.. And now i can't even farm good tier3 uniques, i cant get them from the shop anymore. Why would you remove tier1 anyway?

8. .Baraba.

.Baraba. Advanced

You will have to wait till june or july to get new and better items. As everyone knows, BP logic is to initially nerf % of drop so they can make money on those who are willing to pay to be "best on the server". That was a case with every item in this game. In this R185 they simply lower values for magic ench so no one can get good item. Right now is "normal" to get items with 1,5-2,0% values for ench that goes up to 10-15% and 6-7-8% for ones that are max 40-50%. So today you can get leg item with 3x some-ench and get, lets say, 22% from that 3 lines.... and in the same time you can get magic item that have 25% in one line.

You just have to wait till BP "loan shark period" is over :)

rjrichards likes this.
  9. DocWhisky

DocWhisky Forum Mogul

Not sure what game YOU are playing but the one I'm playing I am still using my lvl 50 gear as NOTHING in lvl 55 is worth a crap!!! thousands of pieces of gear opened, thousands spent on crafting and still cant get anything better.
    DK shield blocking went way down and the buffs are straight up garbage!!! my lvl 50 shield still gives me better blocking than ANY lvl 55 shield I have found/crafted!!!

And why does regular gear have tiers if we cant craft 4 tier 1 legs into a tier 2 leg??? 4 tier 2 legs into a tier 3 leg. This would make sense .. a player could have a goal, something to WORK towards... as it sits now ... Most are just floundering around, unsure of where to go or how to get there.... Games are supposed to be fun... If I had wanted a second job.... I would have went out and got one. Yhis game has become more like work than fun!!!!!

Thanks, Doc.

rjrichards likes this.
  10. Dharles

Dharles Forum Apprentice

IMHO there is no monster with only damage or only hp.
    700% dmg and 700% hp monster is 7 times harder than 100%dmg and 100%hp monster

1600-700=900

still have 900%hp can make this to: 700 and 200
    700 is half of 700dmg and 700hp monster so can make this to 7:2=3,5 harder.

then still have 200 hp: this is about 1 times harder

so in infernal mode is: 7+3,5+1=11,5 times harder than normal

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  11. Sunlight

Sunlight User

Hey there @DocWhisky ,

This was something written to explain goal of DSO Team to the game, that means what they wanted you to do or to know. I've never written that it was my personal opinion :p :D

I understand your point, but DSO Team is hoping that, sooner or later, you will be better than in the past.
    Do you remember what's happened when they introduced R155 - Lor'Tac? Exactly the same situation, but in some months/weeks, people were here with good shapes and characters. So, maybe, they expect the same. Why should not they?

Let's keep focused on the topic - PW difficulties.

Cheers,

Melethainiel likes this.
  12. Kroffdor

Kroffdor Forum Greenhorn

doesnt make sense if u want me to be stonger why did u increase the strength if the mobs?
    all my already hours i spent to build my charater little by little was all for nothing all thing if back to zero again and i not have to be begging ppl to help me kill a boss i used to be able to kill solo

i dont see my self coming back from this nerf instead im going up im dropping down

DocWhisky likes this.
  13. bloodyneo

bloodyneo Forum Master

tegan server is empty.....people are quitting this game day by day.......all my guild is not active anymore due to this insane difficulties.. and after hard working killing and wasting essence and reviving stones guess what? all crap stat items look like low lvl
    by the way...prestine cores should drop in all pw difficulties and the size dpending on lvls 1..2,,4..6 cores

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
    DocWhisky likes this.
  14. DocWhisky

DocWhisky Forum Mogul

You know.... I had a really good, and funny rebuttal written up about how my post was on topic... Hard to do PW, better gear isnt dropping, so cant find, let alone craft that better weapon that you referred to......and about how the phrase Bigpoint logic was an oxymoron .....
    But I just dont see the point any more.... The Mods are always right... I am ALWAYS wrong!
    Guess I should read my own signature sometimes!

Cheers!

15. Dharles

Dharles Forum Apprentice

this is the math for my post
    infernal mode
    dmg=700%
    hp=1600%
    this is simple means the difficulty is 7 times harder with slighty more hp

lets say dmg is a and hp is b
    700a+1600b=infernal as a whole difficulty monster

if we agree 100a=100b as equal number in normal mode
    so we can make this to: 100 x a x b
    =100ab
    infernal
    (rule:700a=700b)
    700a+1600b=infernal
    700a+700b+900b
    700ab+900b
    700ab+700b+200b

16. Saved_81

Saved_81 Forum Master

Still with the current difficult progression it's impossibile to catch up.
    For any class that isn't a tank, infernal mode is basically a 1-shot mode in a boss fight and also the tanks cannot stand any special attack from bosses but we already know that there will be 5 more modes in the near future (in the DDE there are 10 modes and only 5 are active for this event), in other games they have over 120+ difficult lvls on infernal but they also keep upgrading the sets/introducing new legendaries to catch up but, most of all, they increase the HP a lot but not so much the DMG because noone likes the 1-shot modes...

17. .Baraba.

.Baraba. Advanced

7 times harder with slighty more HP? How can you tall slightly more when mobs have +900HP?

(100% HP + 100% dmg) * 7 = 700% HP + 700% dmg
    so 1600% HP - 700% HP = 900% HP .... and thats "slighty more" for you?

Dharles likes this.
  18. Dharles

Dharles Forum Apprentice

Yes,if we compare with our stats, multiply each with 5000,its not so diffrent.Like stats on our char: 35k dmg 80khp. something like 1:3
    but If with rule its huge.

19. cdeepal

cdeepal Forum Baron

Your math is totally wrong buddy.
    800% damage with 100% HP = 8 times harder.
    when you have 100% damage with 1400% HP = 14 times harder.
    When you combine those two:
    800% damage and 1400% HP = 8x14 = 112 times harder.
    Actually, Infernal I mode is even harder than that because monsters have additional abilities and 20% extra armor. which makes it about 200 times harder than regular monsters.

20. _Baragain_

_Baragain_ Living Forum Legend

I disagree. (Actually I disagree with most of the above)
    If they have 800% damage, but die before they can get a single hit (because I one-shot almost all normal mobs), then there is no way that they are 8 times harder.
    Second, if they have 100% damage, but 1400% HP, they may take 14 times longer to kill, but because of their low damage, they can barely hurt you. I can stand in the middle of a bunch of normal mobs, and it would take them a solid minute to kill me because of natural HP regen.

The truth lies somewhere in between and it depends partly on your play style. If you don't get hit and are a ranged damage dealer, the increase to the HP has the greater impact on the percieved difficulty. If you are a DK who takes a ton of hits and relies on HP Regen to stay alive, then the increased damage could overwhelm your healing abilities and make it the more significant part of your difficulty metric.

Finally, "Difficulty" is subjective.
    Painful is no more "difficult" for me than normal. It just takes a little more time (less than 40% more time) and if I'm using it, more resources. It isn't until Excruciating that I need to be more mindful of my skills, cool downs, and HP. Fatal is where timing and planning become important and a couple slip ups end things for me. Infernal is difficult to the point where one mistake is the difference between life and death.

Try as you might, there is no adequate metric to describe something as abstract and subjective as difficulty.

Novadude and MikeyMetro like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.