Phone Verification on Discord

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by cobradirector, Mar 21, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. cobradirector

cobradirector Forum Greenhorn

Why was this added to the DSO discord channel? I don't like to give out my number. Is there a way to verify me without giving my number? I've been a member of that channel for awhile now.

2. teddy.bear

teddy.bear Forum Ambassador

Hello @cobradirector ,

This was introduced around December last year, but it did not affect you if you've already selected a class / server role. Since these have been reset a few days ago, the 2FA is requested for seeing all the server's channels. You don't need to give out your phone number to anyone, but you need to have 2FA enabled on your Discord account if you wish to continue using this channel. More details about setting up two factor authentication can be found on Discord's help pages - you'll find there some apps you can use as well.
    Best regards,
    teddy.baer

3. cobradirector

cobradirector Forum Greenhorn

Thanks for the reply. I'm just going to leave the group. This is too much of a hassle to mess with just to be in a chat group. Thanks again.

couda22 and AK47TestPlayer like this.
  4. teddy.bear

teddy.bear Forum Ambassador

A new channel has been introduced with instructions for users who are unable to verify their phone - you can let one of the mods know your class and server, to get the roles assigned and be able to access all the channels :) . I hope this helps!

Feel free to drop me a message on Discord with your details and I'll be happy to help you out.

Have a lovely day,
    teddy.bear