ping HIGH - Agathon Brazil

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Tenso-Darkness, Oct 24, 2018.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. Tenso-Darkness

Tenso-Darkness Forum Greenhorn

Hi, I'm Drakensang player for some time. I come in the name of the South American community specifically the Brazilian community that plays DSO. We are very discouraged by our ping (210 ~ 220ms). The Agathon server could go back to our continent. Whereas Agathon was the server with the shortest route to us. Please, we are thousands of players who play daily and pay to play. I expect a position.

Thank you

.brunao. and Terezinha20papa like this.
  2. Sunlight

Sunlight User

Hey there @Tenso-Darkness ,

Thank you for your report. We are aware of this situation and we are reporting it to the development team.
    Stay tuned.
    Cheers.

3. Dümbledore

Dümbledore Someday Author

Until recently I was able to play with a ping of 185ms without having lag. Now with this high ping and with a lot of lag since the last update on the server.

[​IMG]

.brunao. likes this.
  4. schmiteira

schmiteira Forum Greenhorn

Hello everyone from our Drakensang online game!
    The lags in the game are intense and many drops of connection, we believe that a server here in Brazil would be a solution for all Dso Brazil players.
    Many of us want to invest in the game and in shape to even bring more people to play and etc.
    My particular ms is around 200 to 300 ms.
    Game played since 2013.
    My server is Agathon.
    One of my chars: Ximforever
    A note, before lvl 50 we had a better connection reaching ms in the green state of 180 at 190. We also see that recurrent lags result in skils failures and this has already been proven by us where most have a good and quality internet .
    We want an attitude of the game not only answers, because we really like the game and hopefully a nice connection on the part of BP-Drakensang online, in the case installing a server here in Brazil.
    I speak on behalf of all of my Ultimo Sangue guild and all Dso Brasil friends.
    Thankful !!!

5. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

That is not how you ping.
    Ping is the time of reaction between your device and another server. It is a reaction time on how fast you get response from the other side after already sending request. The higher the distance the higher the ping is ... in simple words it is the latency you have between two devices connected through internet network.
    Now ... in your screenshot you have made a test by clicking the default recommended server. That recommended server is the closest server to your location ... which means the server could be in your neighborhood.
    Here is an example of my connection test with the closest serer.
    [​IMG]
    This test is a simple test so you can test if there are issues with your connection.
    Obviously you have no connection issues, if the data represented in your screenshot confirms that you get maximum of what you paid for.
    However ... because of the distance and the route you are usually getting higher testing values when testing servers at longer distance.
    In example these are the values of my connection performance pinging random server at Berlin (because Grimmag server is located in Berlin).
    [​IMG]
    As can be seen my latency is already 52ms compared to the the first test. My usual latency in the game is between 35-60ms ... which means the second test is representing realistic values so there are no connection issues.
    But since you are playing on US server ... I had to test my latency with US server.
    These are results of the test with a random server at San Francisco (US servers are located there or close to that location).
    [​IMG]
    So I had to login to Agathon and see if the values are similar.
    [​IMG]
    As can be seen the values are stating that there are no issues with my connection and the server is responsive as it should.

Now ... since the latency is dependent on distance I had to check the distance between my location and San Francisco ... and the distance is around 10400 km. The distance between San Francisco and you is probably the same or close ... in example the distance between Rio de Janeiro and San Francisco is 10656 km ... which should result in same or slightly higher latency.
    BUT ... those distances ^ above are air distances between two points on the globe. Internet cables are usually going around and are having much longer path length ... sometimes hundreds or thousand more km. Also the number of hops on the path are having an impact on latency. Even if our areal distances are pretty much similar ... the internet route could be different by thousand kilometers, and the number of "obstacles" on the route could be different in both cases.

Cutting the long story short ... test a server in San Francisco or Los Angeles and compare your results with your in-game latency indicator.

And who would pay for the maintenance?
    Daily politics and corporation greed are affecting the internet on daily basis. The governing rules may have changed since then.
    In example the new "net-neutrality law" that will be imposed in USA from January 2019 will change the internet in USA. It would be worse for the ordinary people like you and me and better for the corporations.
    All that is having impact on our daily internet usage and internet speeds/freedom.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
    Yogo likes this.
  6. gastonp74

gastonp74 Forum Apprentice

I play from Argentina in Agathon server too and I have a latency of 200-220. It's high but it's still playable.
    About moving the server to South America I think that would never happen. They changed their servers location not long time ago. Here is a picture of the new BP's office:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:D:D

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
  7. schmiteira

schmiteira Forum Greenhorn

Hi Trakilaki!
    More than question!? Do you think the players would pay? We just want a better connection and an attitude on the part of the Dso and not the players.

8. Sevilla

Sevilla Someday Author

ping only matters on pvp, with new pvp system they can put a filter that just match pvp with players that have same ping, will cost 0 USD and make all players happy, how about this? 200ms player against 50ms or less is not fair at all...

schmiteira likes this.
  9. Dümbledore

Dümbledore Someday Author

Unfortunately if it continues like this I will not play anymore, because I pay deluxe, andermant, I stop to spend.

[​IMG]

schmiteira likes this.
  10. vannick242

vannick242 Forum Apprentice

The same problem than 2 weeks and here Grimmag, the delay ranges from 39 to 48,60, to 180 ms.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
  11. LotusBR

LotusBR Forum Greenhorn

For four years I played this game, invested money, invested time because it was my fun, my joy. It was part of a Brazilian guild on the server HEREDUR where I made great friends and a very cool story together. My nightmare started at the 209 launch where it was impossible to play in a group with more than 3 people because of the ping that started to rise at alarming levels after the update, which I myself was anxiously waiting for. Several technicians were called, I BUY A NEW COMPUTER AND DEAR, I went to war with my internet provider and the technical support did not help me at all and even asked for forgiveness, said that I could not do anything because the Brazilian internet is very '' outdated '', that is, they broke me hard and did not respect me as a player. I had a hard time playing with myself and hoping to improve this FIXED delay I've never had before and nothing! Months passed and no action was taken, and the delay was so unbearable that even I could not play anymore. I was forced to stop playing and I swear I felt and feel to this day that I was disrespected by the technical team of this game. I believe that this has to be reversed as soon as possible and a request for forgiveness for every Brazilian community that, as I invested years of life and a lot of money as well. I sincerely hope that this update, which is coming at the end of the year, will change something for us, so far it is deleted from my computer. If you have not noticed the ENTIRE game yet, ALL SERVERS have a bug for most Brazilians. I gave up suffering!

12. ghostmagicus

ghostmagicus Forum Pro

From my experience, is very probable to NOT get some real answer, and from answer i mean a real answer, when problem will be solved or if cant be solved.
    Replyes from mod team not solve at all problem and is not answer at all .
    And please consider that i am playing this game from nov 2011, so i am not a noob.

13. _ZurG_

_ZurG_ Forum Greenhorn

I come in the name of the LATIN AMERICAN community, I am using the translator to write.

After release 214, playing in groups with 3 4 or 5 members became impossible for the vast majority. Several tickets were sent for support, several ping tests, connection tests and everything else! I got to change my computer and my internet, and nothing has changed.

The question is, have they abandoned the interests and well-being of our community? Many have stopped, others are stopping and I am here in a last act to see what we can do. We enjoy the game, we spend many years of our lives playing (not to mention the money spent).

What was supposed to be a fun, is becoming a reason to revolt. I look forward to some contact, thanks for your attention.

MagoDuff (Agathon)

14. Yammi

Yammi Forum Apprentice

This problem is not only in agathon, in heredur this is the same. If you get caught in the famous "orange" screens, it's almost impossible to play in a group, sell, melt, etc. Until the moment they have only corrected useless bugs and those that directly affect the gameplay devs do nothing!

This is my post: https://board-en.drakensang.com/threads/the-real-cause-of-lags.76964/

Tell us your opinion on it!