Suggestion Pinging system should be added into the game

Discussion in 'Creative Corner' started by Shazam, Jun 29, 2019.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
?

should pinging system be added ?

1. yes

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. no

8 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. Shazam

Shazam Forum Greenhorn

I think that pinging system like the pinging system in EDIT and other games will be very good for drakensang and i hope devs add it in the near future

Last edited by moderator: Jun 29, 2019
    Chandler333 likes this.
  2. Chandler333

Chandler333 Active Author

Yes, I think this is a good idea! :)

3. heror

heror Forum Baron

I only see more reasons for ppl to quarrel. Especially for me. Ppl who ask me why i run ahead and spam me in the chat will also be able to in game . I dont want to annoyed forever from smt thats a good concept

4. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

But this feature is already in the game.

ΣMiwel likes this.
  5. Shazam

Shazam Forum Greenhorn

I think you're getting confused by the lattency indicator

6. trakilaki

No I am not getting confused because that is what "latency indicator" exactly is ... a "ping system".
    It measures the average latency between the client and the server.

ΣMiwel likes this.
  7. Jakeybear

Jakeybear Forum Apprentice

Confused is the wrong word, you are misunderstanding. He means the ability to ping something.

8. trakilaki

Exactly ... the sever.
    Yeah ... we have that.

ΣMiwel likes this.
  9. Jakeybear

Alright, you are not misunderstanding, you are just confused. I am assuming the game name that was edited out in his example is one of the many MOBA games you would have heard of. He obviously means being able to use pings that other players can see.

10. MikeyMetro

MikeyMetro Forum Overlooker

Before a RIOT breaks out here I just wanna say that the pinging system like the one from the game that got edited out of the op's post is unnecessary in DSO.

ΣMiwel and trakilaki like this.
  11. trakilaki

Neither I am misunderstanding nor I am confused ... ping is a ping. Ping is followed by a Pong response which ends with a number in milliseconds which represents the average reaction time of your connection.

TrollOver

Now ... since you took more time and tried to explain what the OP suggested (OP vividly explained their suggestion in 55 page long post so everyone can understand it) I will be serious with a serious answer.
    They can call it whatever they want it is not ping. Naming a soap cake doesn't make it a cake ... it is still a soap.
    Like Mikey said, there is no need for such communicating feature in this game. DSO is neither MOBA nor strategy game ... moreover all maps are 2 square centimeters big where everyone can spot everyone.
    On top of it there is a multi-chat and minimap and people are often using external communication applications.

Laughing RIOT where everyone LOLz

ΣMiwel and MikeyMetro like this.
  12. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

You all guys are almost confused... but no, you got simply trolled. :p :p :p
    This happens when a bunch of people who only rarely stop by the forums or only flick through the topics here and there (and are thus unfamiliar with people like Traki) come along.

13. Jakeybear

Somehow you trolled more in your serious answer than you did the times you were actually trolling. Interesting. I mean, if you were not wrong, you would be right. It is a ping. I am assuming you are just going to cling to this because the great Trakilaki has played this game too long to be wrong. Being pedantic is one thing, but being pedantic and wrong is just embarrassing.

You really are just as bad as they say.

MaxDisappointed likes this.
  14. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

If what you are suggesting is a ping, then every sort of communication between players when you expect a response is a ping.

While I feel that social features of this game need expanding, I don't really think this is the good idea for it... nor do I feel that has to be done now. First fixing bugs and rebalancing (they should do it in smaller batches but way more often tbh), then new skills, subclasses/new classes, and content expansions... and then social aspects perhaps.

15. heror

heror Forum Baron

[content removed]

Second : the fact that 1 iq Lol ppl call it like that doesnt mean in term of cumputer language is called that. Tada u get what he ment to say ? It aint hard if u think a little.

Last edited by moderator: Jul 1, 2019