Please can you explain to me how the domain over the Hunter-ray works

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by danielcarol3, Feb 22, 2021.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. danielcarol3

danielcarol3 Someday Author

Supposedly the lightning domain affects the monster that receives more electric damage by 5% accumulative up to 50 times a total of 250% more damage but I do not see at any time that the damage of the abilities that activate it increases (since I understand that they are of a physical type therefore it would not increase then that the circle really increases? It is not, since I have tried it and it does not increase anything), other than that the hunters do not have electric type attacks except that it takes into account the 2 skills that activate the domain as electic skills but it is not the case, another that does not increase the damage caused by the electric circle derived from the tiger jump, therefore I do not know how it increases the damage, if only skills affect it. electic type then it would be completely useless for the race (like the other domains) re-indicating that the race does not have electic type abilities, that I understand if someone knows how it works can you kindly explain to me how How this ability works.

2. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

First of all, the Electrified stacks increase skills that deal lightning damage. If you are playing Ranger like your post suggests... you have zero skills that deal lightning damage. xD So there are only a few reasons why a Ranger might use lightning mastery: in a group with some other class that actually has lightning skills (SW/SM) and using lightning essences.

Secondly, certain lightning skills/talents leave behind a "lightning field." You have to read their descriptions carefully, because you will notice that they do not apply stacks of Electrified over time. This means that there's only one or two stacks of electrified active at a time.

And... the last and strangest part... those electrical fields do not seem to get increased by Electrified stacks already applied onto a target. No idea what's up with that, it seems Electrified can only magnify the initial damage stated on the tooltip and doesn't apply to any of those DoT fields.

ΣMiwel likes this.
  3. ΣMiwel

ΣMiwel Forum Ambassador

Everything is bugged and not even devs know how it's supposed to work. As simple as that.

4. danielcarol3

danielcarol3 Someday Author

Well, I already understand that for the hunter it is useless (like everything in the game) but hey, although it can
    Take advantage of how you say if it has lightning essences I think? I'm not sure knowing DSO I'm sure there is a good idea in that

The second thing I do not understand why in the description it says it can be applied up to 50 times in case of the fighters we have the tiger jump that inflicts 10% of the basic damage in electics (being one of the way to inflict electric damage but that It is related to the abilities that activate it, if they are physical, they do not increase at all, I say this because it can be a favorable domain for the race after all they have never improved the abilities of the fighters and they have given us almost useless skills, so to speak ), but even if you apply the x-50 charge to the enemy, the damage inflicted does not increase at any time (I have already experienced an initial infix of 700 electric damage with the ability of the electric field eye without charge but with charges that are more than 10 min. initial damage is still 700, in both cases the same initial damage and constant damage does not increase either, that's what I don't understand), which does not happen with the fire and poison masters that also have the same mechanics On the subject of effect applications, I don't know, but I have seen that the applications restart when you reach 50 applications in all domains.
    https://prnt.sc/1048vcg
    https://prnt.sc/1048vhb

I think it would be favorable if the skills that activate it have that buff (without the need to use lightning essences), also the domains are focused on the individual character not for they are mainly to support the team although they could.
    Another separate issue is that I do not know why Valentina's caraj has shield values if it has always had values belonging to its category that are damage and critical, I do not know if there are updates that have changed the values but before the CE they had caraj values.
    https://prnt.sc/1048vmt

5. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

When I think about it, I think I get where the problem is. It is the same thing with elemental essences pre-CE (haven't checked the math on them post-CE, so I won't speak about the current situation). Basically, Electrified charges only work on the "primary" damage component of a skill. Any other "secondary" effects (explosions, fields, etc) do not work. Outburst does not have a primary lightning damage component, therefore the Outburst's 50% lightning damage from the mastery doesn't get increased.

And for all effects, when they get stacked to 50 stacks, it will be consumed. Lightning stack doesn't deal direct damage like poison and fire, which is why it's so messed up.

TL;DR DK/RA lightning mastery is complete trash unless they're in a group with SM/SW who actually have real lightning skills.