Post something positive

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by cigarbennett, Nov 2, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
  1. cigarbennett

cigarbennett Board Analyst

With all this expansion nonsense, server migration issues, maps taking for ever to load. A lot of negative posts. I have been guilty of it myself.

So post one memory from playing the game that you really enjoyed. Just one please. Yea it is sappy and corny but what the hell.

For me was my first mount. For those of you who weren't here then being able to use a mount was a wisdom skill. Unless you spent a ton of cash for wisdom books, it took forever to farm enough for mount skill. We use to just run every where, did all my PW quest just running around LOL. Took me almost a year to farm enough books. Back then was maybe a dozen mounts even in the game. I bought that brown mare for one or maybe it was ten gold. I was so proud of myself LMAO. I rode that horse all over the place, every map showing off LOL. Strutting around like a rooster LOL.

Well have at it add your one favorite memory.

2. FAALHAAS

FAALHAAS Forum Commissioner

tough question :)

Been thinking for a while now and cant really think of anything other than farming buttloads of COTs to identify first unique.
    ...I do remember how jealous I was of the german players who were testing the first pet that gave exp boost.

Alpaca and cigarbennett like this.
  3. jelbeat

jelbeat Regular

What about the storage size of essence! If i'm correctly that was 999. There were even times i had no space to save essences, so i threw some of it away (at that time u couldn't sell it).
    Than it became 9999, i remember being happy for the xtra inv space. But like with all the xtra space, in no time these were filled again.
    After that it was increased to 9999 and again happy.
    Now it is 50000 and i hope some day it will be an unlimited quantity, i still have way too much of it :D

Alpaca, trakilaki and cigarbennett like this.
  4. silverseas

silverseas Count Count

Just one? I have way too many to pick from.

I suppose it would have to be when Darbmoor was still a thing. The entire guild I was in at the time (KitaGila) was a bunch of friends. We turned on open world PvP and "hunted" each other there for practice. We participated regardless of level, so it's part of the reason why I have a ton of dishonorable kills. I was merciless in hunting, so everyone ganged up to kill me. xD

_Baragain_, Alpaca, mrmlja and 3 others like this.
  5. elitecrew1031

elitecrew1031 Regular

I am happy that my characters will be useless after content expansion !
    I am happy that my language support (probably others) are useless and when you have real problem they will never deal with it !
    I am happy that so many players break the rules of the game and don't get punished (ESPECIALLY the ones that admit in videos with massive audience) .
    I am happy the way PVP is now very balanced , really good ! 0 bugs 0 exploits 0 macros, if you think it's a lie you are noob get gut lul .
    I am happy that DK's are useless in PVE (rot in pvp forever little pricks ! )
    I'm sorry maybe it wasn't that positive as I thought, I will say some positive things now i promise !
    I am happy that BP is droping another DTU before CE they know very well that 90% of the community won't do it because at this point it's not even worth it ! So 9 days I will not grind, Yay, thanks !
    I am actually happy that the last rule of DSO discord server is created Thanks to me and few other buddies, Because we coudn't stand some players and decided to expose them (and of course we got banned and everything got instantly deleted :D BIG THANKS !)
    And last but not least I am glad that one of the discord moderators Shrone (not the real name of the moderator for the love of God don't censor it big thanks !) was removed from his post, thanks to his behaviour and big mouths, Don't worry bro you won't be the only one Shruke (not the real name again) and others will soon show their dark side and I won't interfere (even tho I can little Shukie ;) )

6. cigarbennett

The friends we made along the way me too. Was such good times. :)

----MERGED----

lol... yes farming all those COT's what chore. We were so happy when we got that last drop to ID something. :)

-----MERGED-----

LOL,, OMG all the blue essence we had hid away in our inventory. LOL :)

Last edited by moderator: Nov 2, 2020
    Alpaca likes this.
  7. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

Something positive....

I've been playing this game for over 5 years now. The longest I've ever played a single game. The only game that I've ever reached "end game" with a character.

(I've finished many games that just had an end - think "Link", and not "end game content". You got there and were just 'done'.)

So, something that was a real positive? .... well, the first toon I ever had as soon as I entered the first town after the tutorial I ran immediately into another toon riding a DRAGON. It was sooo cool. I wanted one. 6 toons and 3 years later I finally got my first Dragon mount. I was so excited.... for about half an hour. An Agate-scaled Dragonspawn.

I cherish that Dragon mount... cause it's STILL the only one I've ever gotten. And NONE of my other toons have ever gotten one either.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
    Alpaca and cigarbennett like this.
  8. cigarbennett

LOL, Player on Tegan guy named Storm64 had the Red Dragon. I thought it was the coolest thing. I was so jealous. LOL

Alpaca likes this.
  9. TwiliShadow

TwiliShadow Count Count

And have you ever gotten one??? Or are you _still_ jealous?

10. cigarbennett

Lmao, I got one. Me being green with envy is over. LOL

11. Evilsheldock

Evilsheldock Forum Apprentice

MORTIS RED :) and when the PW entrance areas where changed from direct portal at Watery Grave to landing zones for each PW quest (cant remember exact name of areas) but at first they were open PvP areas, and the Chaos was hilarious xD

_Baragain_, Alpaca and cigarbennett like this.
  12. cigarbennett

LOL, Watery grave that map was so small a hundred players all crowded together. :)

Alpaca likes this.
  13. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

Hmmmm positive things?

Sargon is coming back!!!

Our gear wont be useless!!! <- atleast till around level 73 more or less

1 Hand dps builds will be viable!!!

We will keep our enchantments!!! <- except for crit damage they will become crit value or something or another...

We can craft torsos with 240% damage!!!

Rng crafting will finally be over!!!

Come on guys I know its hard to be positive, but lets just hold on a little longer okay...

As for that other person and the other group of people and those things, I said this before and I will openly say this to anyone, I want the dso communities to stand together, now more than ever, I dont want you guys to fight

Alpaca and Taurissan like this.
  14. Lυke

Lυke Guest

Yes totally agreed :)

Khrone likes this.
  15. Khrone

Khrone Someday Author

My favorite memory is the old times, when people had some sense of human decency and respectful behaviour, in which some people present in this topic are lacking, like supremegroup2142 (made up name, don't worry). Fyi, after deciding for several weeks, I left from my own decision and might return soon.

Other than that, it was fun running Q1 runs with guild in the level 40 times, luring out Madok, and raging after being killed by Rapid Death. Running by foot through old Darbmoor (no mounts back then), flexing on low levels on your way to the old Q1 entrance.. Something magical.

[​IMG]

16. Dragenstein

Dragenstein Padavan

Before the steam mechanicus, people WANTED a DK in their group. There were a lot of good guilds and people who wanted to be friends. It was easy to put a group together with the right abilities to farm Mortis.

cigarbennett and Alpaca like this.
  17. trakilaki

trakilaki Living Forum Legend

Yea Watery grave was smaller than Cardhun
    [​IMG]
    but all Qs had their own urban areas
    [​IMG]
    And that was much better solution than Cardhun is now.
    Each urban area had its own chat and the rooms were flooded with players ... unlike now players are using the chat in Cardhun and no one can communicate properly.
    Having urban area with its own chat is of great advantage for the players. That means players will use the chat only and only for that Q - you can't see players asking for other Qs (unless noobs) ... unlike now when there is only one chat (honestly given the situation even that one chat is sufficient XD).

And if I need to share only one memory ... it has to be this:
    No dude that is not true. Not People ... SWs wanted a tank in their group ... and the tanks were only playing with SW.
    That is one of the reasons i avoid playing with DKs in general.
    The following example is related to one DK and one person ... but it represents the majority of the DK and SW players back then:
    We were group of 3 rangers farming q6 knights ... then DK guild member asking in chat to join. The dude is weak has no good gear and we were taking him on our backs in the past 2 weeks during his leveling. We helped him get to level 5 (cap level at the time).
    After 10-15 minutes of farming he says: You are too slow ... you have no Armorbreak and this farm is too slow for me.
    and he left the group :D :D
    We were just left in disbelief of what we had just witnessed ... a noob that we helped get to cap level just said we are too slow for his farm. And we were among top rangers on our server.
    But of course we had no singularity and Armorbreak back then ... midgets were still new thing and were not OP like they were made later on ... so DKs and SWs were only possible combination for any group back then ... because only they had AB that is complementing each other's AB skill.
    But the gaming gods are watching - what goes around comes around ... and I hope you suffer eternally :D

dude haven't you got at least a tiny grain of self-respect? you are going around and make a fool of yourself.
    you don't even know the original Sargon ... they can rename Dragan into Sargon but it won't be Sargon
    not just it will be useless but if will get different enchantments and bonuses.
    They are making changes not because they are about to bring you more enjoyable moments but to make more money.
    this gear we have now will be outdated ... just like the gear at level 50 and level 45 and level 40 are outdated now (legacy equipment).
    Dude ... we have always kept enchantments with each expansion. This is no expansion but a new game because they are destroying our gear on purpose by force. We have never had such behavior in the game in the past.
    Enchantments will change and patterns will change ... just like they changed many times in the past. Today's enchantments are going to be obsolete and outdated on the new cap level. If the things were like you say then no one would have farmed new gear after an expansion but kept the old one. Make a new character and get to level 10 ... you can make the stats at 60%+ but when you get to level 55 that gear and those stats are a joke and you have to farm for a new gear. On top of it they will make new unique items (like always)) that will be the new meta and your old unique items will suck balls.
    It is viable now too .... the only problem is the game is broken in the 2H weapon part (max speed , crit and crit damage and higher damage on top of same hp and armor and resistance) therefore you don't want to use 1H weapon build because 2H builds are easier to make and more powerful than any 1H. That is because they made the game broken intentionally.
    They made the craft like it is now recently ... it was all part of the plan. Read the articles and threads about the initial Craft 2.0.
    And NO ... craft will not change anything because they will change the craft but will also change other things that will make your playing and crafting extremely tough or if not impossible.
    you dude are hilarious XD
    SO WHAT if you can craft 240% damage in torso??? You will still be weaker than you are even now ... and not to mention the new cap level.
    let me give you a blatant simple example since you don't get the picture;
    For the sake of the example lets assume the damage calculation is simple and stats are all applied in one place and the damage is flat. (which are not)
    Example 1. imagine you have 1000 base damage (in total) with 48% increased damage in torso.
    Example 2. imagine you have 1000 base damage (in total)) with 240% increased damage in torso after the new game release.
    In the first example you have 1400 base damage in the second example you have 3400 base damage.
    After applying the critical damage you get :
    Ex. 1 - 1400 x 5 = 7000
    Ex. 2 - 3400 x 2 = 6800
    and this is only a simple example ... when applying the damage formula and calculating the damage in correct way the difference is much bigger.
    On top of it ... remove the damage from the tiers because all items would be without a tier ... you would lose around lets just say 70-80% of the strength and most importantly in the part of the weapon and the weapon damage.
    Your damage automatically gets from 1000 to lets say 300
    240% increased damage over 300 is 1020 ... double it when you hit critical and you get 2040.
    So what is better? ... dealing 7000 damage as of now with 48% damage in torso OR 2040 damage with 240% increased damage in future system?
    On top of that take into consideration the higher power mobs would get and the diminishing of your power with each additional level you get. And on top of it I bet they would change base stats patters too so you would have to take that into consideration too.
    and there is more and more ... but you will see how ignorant you have been then.
    You have never had a top build ... you don't have the experience of what it takes to make powerful build that you can rely on.

[EDIT]

Last edited by moderator: Nov 8, 2020
    Alpaca and Khrone like this.
  18. Phyrix

Phyrix Count Count

Time will tell.
    You are aware that they said we can keep our old enchantments?
    the only 2x things they are reworking is critical damage and block strength.
    crit damage and block str will be converted to block value and crit value.
    Thing about this system is this:
    Your critical value total predicts your critical damage, same for block value, this dynamic in itself is rather intuitive because unlike now builds will require less to have more, in short this means that we will be able to have high hp, high crit and high block, instead of having just one or the other.
    @trakilaki go ahead, call me things, call me naive, call me a fool, call me a chill even.

I will ask you one question only.
    Do you trakilaki, think they can afford to mess this one up?
    Now, think about it, since they know it, since you know it, since I know it, do you think they will aim to lose more players, yet again?
    They even said, they dont want to make it like level 50-55 and 45-50, they want to keep their players and get more players.
    the problem with the current progression system is too tedious, and they cant just keep pushing events, that no one will play.
    They arent pushing surveys all over for the fun of it, now you can make polls all you like but youre not a dso official, therefore your polls could sway them into making surveys regarding pvp, but those surveys are considered official feedback.
    You very well know I have been backing geared pvp for as long as the new pvp system has been implemented, just as long and longer have I been fighting for dks.
    You know what, you dont even have to reply to this, the CE is on ts in 3-5 days, then you can go test it yourself.
    EDIT:
    You know I have this terrible habit of not reading thoroughly what other people say because they get technical about things they have no idea about.
    Let me make an example, see there is you telling me I will lose damage from gear without any tier.
    Meanwhile yes your gear will be t0 but they will be level 73 more or less.
    Just wit for CE on ts before you tell me anything else, I think in the regards to vertical item scaling I am faar ahead of you, so just wait and see.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
  19. sargon234

sargon234 Commander of the Forum

There's nothing positive to post about.

mrmlja likes this.
  20. edrogers58

edrogers58 Regular

So you defend a person on Discord for DSO you get banned and called a forum troll
    Shows what this game has come too
    @Jesse you are not a CM's bootlaces
    you say Traki can't take criticism ?
    defend him on your discord server 5 of your nerds attack me and I am banned ?

hahahahaha flexing on low levels
    Yeah same as you are on Discord
    Let me guess you where 40 level they were what new players under level 10 with PVP on ?
    Yeah super tough you are mate.

Last edited by moderator: Nov 9, 2020
    AndJustice4All, mrmlja and trakilaki like this.